• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 09:12 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Gatherings

Started by tomcat, Jan 17, 2013, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

"Apparently, nowhere," She shook her head and gave the man a look that told him he had most certainly lost the deal of the century. "Oh well," she sighed. "Was just trying to offer my services to the Graaf, but if you don't want them..." Kaida shrugged, then turned and walked away. "Keep the creds," she said over her shoulder, "Your movement certainly could use them." 

Not wanting to make a scene, she left. It wasn't a total loss, she had some intel on a movement and found out the leaders name, and there was still time to arrange a meeting with this Savraan.

But now it was time to do some sight-seeing. "Come on," she led Caden back to the space port to a shop that rented speeders.

:ooc: Next on the agenda. Get some eyes on the prisoner transfer route.

Posterboy

:ooc: Doug, have we already received the Droideka, or are we waiting for that shipment to arrive?

tomcat

Feb 02, 2013, 08:48 AM #32 Last Edit: Feb 02, 2013, 08:57 AM by tomcat
On the Aegis, Sam had completed his work in clearing out the hold. He made his way to where Abby and BIT stood staring at a monitor. The two biologicals had brought up the schematic of the droideka on the holonet. BIT must have expertly hacked into a Geonosian droid production file that was still out there somewhere for the information on weapon systems were not publicly broadcast - well, at least to the level of detail that the two mechs were studying.

Sam's processor began to autorun code and he quickly made silent changes within himself to shutdown the combat modes that were coming up. He studied the program and saw it was basic step-software that went into operation if ever he would work in tandem with other battle droids. Again, Sam could no longer be called a battle droid as he only shared the chasis in common, but his processor still had resident programming. It surprised him that the code would auto-execute by merely looking at a droideka. Sam praised his creator for making him and giving him independent thought, but he was concerned at times with how much cobbling the human had done in his creation. Sam did not want someday where all of a sudden his programming would take over his self-control.

The ship's comm chirped and the trio turned to look. Being the closest, Sam tapped the control and a message transmitted - "Cuulan Bay calling the Aegis; we are making orbit now and should be planetside in one hour with a shipment for you. We have been ordered to Stravis port, docking bay 16."

"They are early," said Sam. "The shipment was said to need two or more days... do you think there could be a danger?" The droid brought up Netassa on his map and saw that Stravis port was another small vessel port on the east side of the city.

Farok's scouting had been quite the success. He was good at melding in with the people - both the local inhabitants as well as the offworlders. The former jedi had found a few people that had wagging tongues after the introduction of the right amount of coersive ales - that and a gentle push from the Force.

He knew which establishments in town were linked to some illicit organizations and those that were on the straight and narrow. Farok had learned that Salliche was a planet of many generations of farmers. Families had grown into massive corporate holdings and businesses - the leaders of said households called Graafs. The wealthiest made up a governing council, which in turn elected and promoted individuals into the civic duties needed to operate the Salliche government. Like all politicians, corruption was rampant and there was evidence of squabbling between families and so the government swayed this way and that based on who held the most power at any given time.

For the most part, the government of Salliche had been a stalwart member of the Republic until its dying days and now seemed to have assimilated into this new Empire with no challenges. From what Farok heard, the government leaders seemed to actually be enjoying more power that the Imperial throne on Coruscant was giving it, even subverting the rule of the Graafs. It had been rumored that some landholdings had been taken by the military and the Imperial government leaving the owning family penniless. It was said that many of the Graafs had begun to fortify their positions - some by making allegiances to the government that they once controlled and some by consolidating their households into small autonomous state-like entities. Weapons were now showing up on Salliche to arm the opposing Graafs' forces. Farok remembered the nervous smirks and laughs from some of those that he had spoken with who feared what the new Emperor might do to Salliche if these upstart landholders pushed too far.

At the bottom of it all was the people - the field hands, producers, operators, and mechs that kept the vital agricultural business of Salliche moving. They would suffer above all else if war would come here, or if the Empire felt it needed to quell some uprising. Whispers had been heard of other planets who had been forced into submission by the new Order. No one wanted to see the green swaths of fertile land of Salliche burnt and pocked with craters from warheads. The people loved their world. Some said they would die for it. Some were just worried of what might come. All knew that they did not want to see Salliche marred.

A fellow in one bar had told Farok that a few of the Graafs were doing it right. They were rallying the people. They were building up the patriotic desire to defend what was theirs. Farok heard a few names - Savraan, Scuttish, Timoryne, and Ardonis - all households of wealth on the planet that were in staunch protest against the Salliche government's prelation of power. These houses were in the process of gathering to it all Sallichans who would not see their planet and way of life changed. The people followed, too, because even though the labor under the governing Graafs could be at times difficult, none were sure they wanted an Imperial government ordering their lives.

The jedi had also learned of the darker side of Salliche. He had no names per se, but he did have contacts that knew someone, or some other, that might be able to help - whatever that help might be. It was whispered that a stream of munitions and weapons were being secreted onto Salliche. The keeper of said secret would express no more save that the black market, and the crime organizations out there, were increasing their interests here. It was not only weapon caches that were being brought in but drugs and spice. Sallichans - both men and women - were starting to fall prey to the addictive narcotics in greater numbers. Everyone Farok spoke to on the subject knew of no Hutt Kajadic that was making in roads on Salliche - the word was that no Hutt had the desire to operate so deep within the Core. But other syndicates - they were present, even the mythical Black Sun.

Ardana yawned. She was tired of bars and clubs and the type of people that fell to such low places in life, but she knew it was Farok's terrain where he was very effective. The former jedi saw the weariness in his Twi'lek slave girl's face. He had taken her all over town and into every kind of seedy joint he could find. It was time to get her home. Unfortunately, the two found that some of Farok's inquiries had brought a few rats from their holes. They exited the bar that they were in, back out onto the thin street that ran in front of it. The sun was hidden behind a billow of clouds that were crossing the blue sky leaving the world outside a dull gray - more apropos for the state in which the surrounding buildings were in.

Farok saw ten of them. There may have been more hidden in the corners of the entries of other buildings, or in the small alleys that lay between. They were young - not one of them over the age of twenty-five. They were a gang. Farok could see a similar tattoo on each young man's left upper arm - it was some kind of insect, though the jedi was not familiar. Three of the youths looked greedily at Ardana, lust filling their eyes. Four others took on a look of disgust for the non-human female. Ardana looked around the street to see that no one was in sight within the ghetto-like housing. Only dark windows adorned the sad buildings though she was sure that scared people sat within looking out at the streets they no longer controlled. There was no sign of Imperial forces here, nor any Salliche police. The two of them were alone with these ten thugs with likely no aid from anyone within the squalor of a bar that Farok had taken them to, nor any resident that might be watching

The leader, apparent from his mohawk hairstyle that had two braids that hung down over either ear, moved out to block one direction of the sidewalk - a trio of his henchmen closed the opposite direction behind them. He wore makeup - black eyeliner that deepened his eyes - and bore a scar from a prior run in. Farok could see strength in his arms and legs and noted that he wore combat gloves and had a huge knife sheathed on his waist. If any had blasters, they were not yet evident.

He spoke with a gravelled voice that was too ruined for such a youth, "Word is you're walking through my local joints and speakin' of sittin' biz. Hear you wanna move spinnies and stickers - but not step on any toes, right? Well I run this burg. I move it in and on. Don't want no help and will accept no competition. Don't know who you are but I can say this... if you are bureau or Salpol, you and your pretty animal might not see your next stop, ya comp? If you are some new ginnie just wantin' to set up his shop, then I will shut you down. So, might be best if you scuffle on. Know this, too - we know your faces now."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Caden and Kaida moved on from where the Graaf's security detachment barred the way. They watched the duo all the way until Kaida led her companion into a rental shop. Once inside, the noblewoman did a quick move to some cover and then looked back out to see the security had melded back into the crowd and disappeared.

"Can I help you?" came a mature woman's voice from behind them.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Posterboy

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Jan 29, 2013, 12:32 PM
As he inventoried what equipment they had, the old battleaxe felt the need to speak.  "Hey kid," growled BIT to Abby.  "You ever reprogram a droid before?"

Abby brushed back a wisp of hair that had escape her loose bun as she gave the battle-hardened soldier a wiry smile. "You bet," she replied. "Mind you, it's mostly been on ol' mechs and workin' tinnies. I'm imagin' a droideka will be a bit more delicate and all, but I'm sure it'll be nothin' the two of us can't handle. Besides," she added, giving SAM a sideway glance. "we could always just upload Sammy's processor and memory banks to the droideka. Whaddasay, Sammy? Interested in having a little cosmetic surgery?" Her smile betrayed that her comments were purely in jest.

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 02, 2013, 08:48 AM
The ship's comm chirped and the trio turned to look. Being the closest, Sam tapped the control and a message transmitted - "Cuulan Bay calling the Aegis; we are making orbit now and should be planetside in one hour with a shipment for you. We have been ordered to Stravis port, docking bay 16."

"They are early," said Sam. "The shipment was said to need two or more days... do you think there could be a danger?" The droid brought up Netassa on his map and saw that Stravis port was another small vessel port on the east side of the city.

Abby looked over SAM's shoulder as the droid pulled up the map of Netassa and highlighted the Stravis port. She considered the droid's warning carefully as SAM's processor had likely run the probability of risk through it's logic routines prior to speaker. "I don't know, Sam. If they're early and honest, and we dilly-dally, they'll likely leave just as quick with our droid... and the princess will be none to pleased 'bout that." She looked to BIT for their next move, "Whaddaya think, ol' man? Do we wait for the others to get back, or are you gonna show me 'round town?"

:ooc: Abby's going to follow BIT's lead here. For a player's point of view, I guess we could see if we could comm connect with Kaida/Caden or Farok, and see what they say and see if they want to go pick up the package. ALSO... players, if you haven't seen Doug's reply on the last thread regarding equipment, please check it out and chime in. If we do happen to have an Arrow-23 on board now, I think that would be our best ride to pick up the droid.

Telcontar

Farok understood gangs, they reminded him of the packs of predatory animals that lived out in the deep desert. He knew that animals only fought if they were pressed into it or knew that they had a marked advantage. The key to dealing with this gang would be the same thing. The force user would need to use both cunning and strength to perhaps turn this encounter to his advantage. He had to show enough respect to the gang leader so that he would not lose the fear the others had in him that made him their leader, but he also could not show weakness in himself.

He did a quick count to locate the number of adversaries and their general locations. If it came to violence more than likely an overwhelming show of force would cause at least a third of them to scatter, but a fight would not serve his purpose at all.

Farok looked at the tattoos again. While he didn't recognize them as a known organization groups often chose zoomorphic designs to represent some aspect of a creature that they admired or wanted to emulate. Farok attempted to make a guess of the nature of the gang by the tattoos. He also tried to recall if he had seen any gang markers to denote territory in their travels in the bars. While he did so he plucked a cigar from out of a pocket in Ardana's shirt, slowly he drew it out, made a motion to offer one with his hand to the gang leader while placing it in his mouth and lighting it.

While his hands moved he reached out with the force to see what was around them, and also harnessed the force to send out a collective mind trick. He wanted those in the alley to see him as a dangerous opponent, but a possible useful ally as well. If it worked on the ring leader all the better.

"Ahh, look sweetheart the welcoming committee. Seems more like to me I now know who they are doesn't it?"

Farok looked at the youth again. "As you have heard I have come here and shown respect. Not slimed my way in picking at the scabs and bottom feeders who don't know who takes care of them or respect who runs things. I am all biz, expanding markets and all that. Sometimes it's one thing sometimes it's another everything has value to the person who needs or wants it. I'm not here to be you, or take what's yours. So ya see I've been polite this whole fraking time, now you could return the favor by giving my lady friend some room and waving off the guys behind me. She gets nervous when there are people behind her in alleys. When she gets nervous, well... then I have to do something about it or I'll never hear the end of it. I'd prefer this first meeting be one of mutual benefit and spilt blood makes it hard to do business later when hotter heads have cooled. So I prefer not to start that way. I'm not planning on being here long so don't let what could be lucky for us both go sour because the introductions were poorly planned. We can talk about what could be useful to each of us, or you can get the hell out of my way and everyone keeps all their insides inside."

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 02, 2013, 09:04 AM
Caden and Kaida moved on from where the Graaf's security detachment barred the way. They watched the duo all the way until Kaida led her companion into a rental shop. Once inside, the noblewoman did a quick move to some cover and then looked back out to see the security had melded back into the crowd and disappeared.

"Can I help you?" came a mature woman's voice from behind them.

"Certainly," Kaida smiled and spun in a slow circle taking in the different vehicles. "We just got planet-side and wanted to see some greenery up close before we're space-bound again. We'd like to rent a speeder for today, maybe longer."

Jingo

Quote:ooc: Abby's going to follow BIT's lead here. For a player's point of view, I guess we could see if we could comm connect with Kaida/Caden or Farok, and see what they say and see if they want to go pick up the package. ALSO... players, if you haven't seen Doug's reply on the last thread regarding equipment, please check it out and chime in. If we do happen to have an Arrow-23 on board now, I think that would be our best ride to pick up the droid.

:ooc: Except if the Arrow-23 has weapon systems on it, that might be a problem with Imps around, but if they're removable then sure.

GandalfOfBorg

"I've seen these things in action... if anything goes wrong with the programming and we turn it on, it'll get bad really fast.  We have to make sure there are back doors to the programming to override it or at least a restraining bolt is put on it.  They have big guns but its the shield generator that is what allows them to pack a punch... without it, they are pretty fragile."
----------
"I don't trust anything or anyone early or late," said BIT.  "Sam, contact the boss and let her know what's up --  it's her deal, she needs to be there to pick it up.  Everyone keeps their eyes out around the ship; I'll listen in to the locals to see if there is any abnormal chatter or alerts.  We have a bit of time before they arrive to get prepared for anything."

OOC: Use Computer - Roll(1d20)+18:  10,+18 Total:28 to hack into the local radio freqs of the police, Imperials, etc.  ... let me know if you want me to do separate attempts for them.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: okay, I deducted the funds and added the equipment to the PC treasure thread on the stat blocks thread. I also added the stats for the new Arrow-23.

Now, onto the game - to answer questions:

Aryn/Jared - the Arrow-23 is on the Aegis now and her weapon mounts can be removed as needed - it will take a Mechanics check DC 12 to hook them back up and require at least 30 minutes.

Matt - you don't need to give me multiple rolls, the one will suffice.

Tom, I will add more to this post in the AM. I am exhausted and I don't want to make slight work of the scene.

As Kaida was speaking to the woman, her comm unit began to beep. She smiled but could see a bit of annoyance cross the face of the clerk as she took the call. Sam's voice spoke, "Kaida, BIT requested I contact you. Your package has arrived... earlier than what we were told. Please advise."

Jingo

As Sam filled Kaida in on the details, she shook her head. Early was better than late, but on-time was preferred. On time was expected and anything unexpected made her nervous on this op.

Her mouth turned down in a slight frown. "I'll be right there." 

She flicked off the comlink and gave the woman across the counter an apologetic look. "Sorry, something came up. Business you know. Thank you for your time."

:ooc: Since we can just use the Arrow then by removing the mounts, we prob don't need a speeder. If you guys think we do, I'll do the rental, otherwise, we'll just use the Arrow.

She and Caden left the shop and headed back to the Aegis. She spoke to the man as they walked, careful to not let her voice be overheard. "This transfer is more up your alley, Caden. What do you think? Do we do the pickup now? And at the space port? Or some other place and time?"

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on Feb 06, 2013, 09:54 PM
She and Caden left the shop and headed back to the Aegis. She spoke to the man as they walked, careful to not let her voice be overheard. "This transfer is more up your alley, Caden. What do you think? Do we do the pickup now? And at the space port? Or some other place and time?"

"No need to arouse suspicion," he replied, shrugging his shoulders. He'd made runs like this before; sometimes you got lucky and didn't get tangled up en route. "They're probably just early, looking to get this done and scrounge up the next job."

He had found that the best way to keep from looking suspicious was act like you had nothing to hide.

"The spaceport's fine; do business there and nobody bats an eye. Besides, it's nice and public, just in case. And we're on the clock."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

Kaida was grateful Caden had done this sort of thing before. She felt on edge about this mission. She wanted it to succeed so badly. Needed it to succeed.

She and Caden moved back to the landing bay where the Aegis rested, moving past the jostling of people. She trailed off in silence, following the smugger, her mind running in circles.

The freedom of her sister was at stake. What if they didn't get the support they needed? What if they bungled it? What if...? Blast it! She couldn't live on what ifs. She'd roll with it, whatever happened, like she'd always done. She frowned, determined.

And followed Caden up the Aegis's ramp, still in thought.

"Sam," she called into the cockpit. "Contact our friends and let them know we'll be there within the hour." She moved aft to the cargo bay and greeted Abby and BIT. She watched them talking shop over computer schematics of the Droideka and then studied them herself for a few moments. She knew some about computers and programming. She had done some tinkering. Jalek was very good at computers and electronics, and you couldn't help pick up some things growing up around him.

"Thanks you two for getting started here. But we need to get the speeder prepped for the equipment pickup. Abby, we'll need to remove the weapon mounts so the Imps don't get suspicious. I'll help if you like, tell me what to do."

:ooc: She doesn't have any skill but she's not afraid to help out. She's educated so she' trained in all knowledge skills. That won't help with mechanics, but there might be something she can do. Read the instruction manual or something... :) Once we're set, we'll take the speeder out and pick up the goods.

tomcat

The youth looked Farok up and down. The former jedi was hard looking, having lived a life on a planet that aged men - having spent a great portion of time in a bottle. Farok was still fit and openly displayed that he felt no threat from the gang of boys around him. Depending on the situation, the stance could produce varied results. In this situation, the young rogue, though not being threatened, was being stood up against by what appeared to be a haggard older man. What was worse, he was being defied in front of the other members of the gang, some of whom waited for any sign of weakness of their leader so that they might assert themselves, very much like the pack animal to which Farok was mentally making comparison.

Like most people in these types of organizations, they were just a step or a tier of control below the next level. These thugs were the brute force used to scare away any attempts at moving into ones area of control. Farok assumed the young man did have some street action moving deathsticks and stims, but at the end of the day he reported to some higher authority that hid in the shadows - and whom Farok was certain was now interested in his inquiries. The former jedi knew it would probably not be best to do too much harm to this group of thugs, as that could possibly incite an implied 'street war' and an attempt to 'take over the business'. Farok just hoped that the young man would not let it come to that.

Through the Force, Farok felt the number of threats around him and Ardana, and all were visible. He also felt the presence of others, nervous and scared, hiding within their homes and hoping that whatever was going on outside on the street would end quietly. He could not 'see' a path amongst the buildings, but felt an impression of alleys and corridors that he and Ardana could run into to hide, get away, or more easily defend themselves by limiting the number of attackers that could approach. He also seeded each mind that he could with doubt, but also with a dose of what if? What if Farok had connections? What if he were a better man to partner with? What if he could make them rich?

Farok Mind Trick
:00: DC 12 Use the Force +12
Rolled 1d20+12 : 19 + 12, total 31

tomcat

The gang leader stared at Farok who stood there quietly, cigar clenched in his teeth. There was no sound from any of them, but then Farok saw it - the leader swallowed. It was a sign of nervousness, even submission. The youth then boke eye contact and looked at the trio behind Ardana, "Step down and eye the streets."

Ardana watched as three of the gang members backed away and then took up positions to watch the street in both directions. The gang leader then spoke to Farok, "So... you aint SalPol or bureau? Hmm? So's whatchoo wanna bring to my street?"

Sam transmitted the reply for Kaida and then went after Abby to assist her in dismbarking th Arrow. The Aegis had a landing ramp on both the port and starboard side of the ship that allowed for easy access into the ship's first deck, which was the cargo hold. The primary deck above was where the crew lived and worked. The Loronar also had bulk loading ramps that lowered from her port and starboard sides. So, if something were to big to go up the landing ramp and through the ship's airlock, it could be lowered via the bulk elevator ramp. It was thus that Abby and Sam brought the Arrow down out of the ship. Once the ramp had settled on the ground, the young woman climbed inside the speeder and activated the repulsor inter-coolers. It took a few minutes for the speeder's systems to warm up, as they had not been used yet for any great length of time since the craft came off the assembly line. When Abby was happy with all of the engine and control systems, she started the repulsors and the Arrow lifted up off the ground. She applied forward momentum and the speeder glided out from under the Aegis. Sam pushed the button and the bulk ramp began to rise until it closed and resealed the Aegis' belly.

The two of them then saw about dismantling the the two weapon mounts that were slung over the back side of the speeder. Kaida and Caden came down to watch and assist as they could, but the job was done in short time. The weapon mounts were stored back in the hold and craft was ready to go. Kaida could tour the route to the facility as she pleased and her new toy could be picked up.