• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 25, 2024, 08:24 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Episode 1: Round up on Salliche

Started by tomcat, Dec 30, 2012, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

It was decided that the meeting would be made with the weapons dealer named Loryll Tanin and after the Aegis would make its departure. Kaida was in her cabin readying herself to leave, all the while Caden sat in the galley. He watched through the open door as the new engineer woman, Abby, walked about his ship looking things up and down. She studied it like a scientist might study a bug with all the enthusiasm in each discovery. He was glad of one thing, she had brought only a small stash of personal items which told him she wasn't pretentious. Her belongings spoke only of someone who had a trade and kept the things that allowed her to get the job done. The Bestinian admired that.

It was time. Kaida needed to leave to meet her unknown dealer. It was the kind of stuff that made Caden's stomach become a ball of acid. She came around the rounded gangway and looked into the ship's lounge where her crewmates all sat.

:ooc: Who all is going? I also need to know how much money is being loaded on a cred stick.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: BIT is in, he knows what's in store with these kinds of dealings.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

:ooc: Farok has been quiet lately. He will go as well if he is asked.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Posterboy

:ooc: Unless invited/told otherwise, I'm assuming Abby will be staying with the ship... Is Abby in the ship lounge with everyone else?

tomcat

:ooc: She can be anywhere you would like to be, or anywhere Caden is willing to allow her to go.  ;)

I am assuming Jared is busy with the holidays so I am going to give this another day or so before I move it on.

The count will be BIT, Farok, and Kaida. It might be wise for Abby to go since she knows Rizzo and Old Herm, but you guys decide if you are ready to give her reasons for the trip.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

:ooc: Caden will come if asked. He's a smooth-talker; might help in negotiations.
If not, he'll continue to prep the ship with Sam and Abby (if she stays).
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

:ooc: Sorry I didn't see the new thread.  :-[ Will post shortly.

Jingo

"I'm going with the Cap to get some more supplies," she tells Abby as smoothly as possible. "Stay here with Sam and Ardanna. We should be back shortly."

:ooc: So Kaida invites Caden, Farok, and Bit since this sort of thing is out of her element. She also suggests to the crew that Ardana and Sam could stay behind and watch Abby--you know, just in case. Also, in a pitch it might come in handy for Sam to be with the Aegis in case they needed a quick retreat. But all that said, for game purposes, I'd hate for PosterBoy's char to be left out if there's any action. Of course Abby, might get a feeling that something is up, and I guess she could decide to shadow us from a distance. That could be good or bad for party unity depending on what happens.  ;D Hopefully there won't be any trouble and it'll all go smoothly.

Jingo

:ooc: Oh and special note to Sam. Make sure she doesn't see the hidden compartments where we have the speeder bikes and e-web...  ;)

Posterboy

Quote from: Jingo on Jan 03, 2013, 04:27 PM
"I'm going with the Cap to get some more supplies," she tells Abby as smoothly as possible. "Stay here with Sam and Ardanna. We should be back shortly."

Abby nodded as Kaida gave her some instructions. As the noble woman moved to leave, Abby found the courage to speak up, hoping maybe to help build bridges of trust between them and show herself to be useful. "Kaida... um... well, I thought maybe youse might want me along. I know the area here pretty well and could probably find youse a good price for any supplies youse might be looking for. It's just a thought... if you prefer, I can just stay here and get to know this ol' girl better." She gave the walls of the Aegis a strong, but loving pat. "Whatever you and the Captain thinks best."

:ooc: I won't be super offended if Abby has to stay back with the ship, unless of course this trip into town is going to be a side adventure that puts me out on the side lines for more than 2 weeks.  ;)

Jingo

Jan 03, 2013, 06:16 PM #10 Last Edit: Jan 03, 2013, 06:39 PM by Jingo
Abby had such an open face, it was hard not to trust her. But, Kaida reasoned, a trained operative would seem open wouldn't she? A part of Kaida kicked herself for not trusting the other woman. She was probably just an honest civilian. But the other part of her, the part that had seen her comrades die one by one. That part of her knew that caution was better. If her caution was cruel, so be it. Trust can be built or mended later. You can't raise the dead.

Besides, even if this Abby was an honest citizen, she wasn't about to lead a citizen into danger.

She smiled at Abby. "Thanks for the help, but Caden knows the area well enough. Plus, we need you and Sam to prep the ship and get her ready for lift off: Full systems check. Plus a complete hyperdrive diagnostics are in order. Also, I put in an order for some medical supplies, can you see that they're inventoried?"

She smiled sweetly, waved, and then headed down the ramp to meet the others.

:ooc: Kaida is just staying in character. She hasn't heard the code words someone sent by her brother Jalek would say. So, she's not going to open up yet.

Posterboy

:ooc: No worries, I completely understand. While Doug and I haven't completely worked out the details of where Abby's dad is located, my hope is that, if Abby has a chance to look over the prisoner transer list she'll find her dad's name on the list as well and then suddenly we'll all be working towards the same goal.   ;D

Telcontar

Farok was standing in the gangway, his cybernetic arm gripping one of the lifters as he rested his weight upon it. If it could be said that a man leaned cockily then Farok was doing it. Hubris, perhaps, but the force weilder seemed to take joy in just using the arm for ordinary things. An unlight cigar was in his mouth and his face looked younger now that he had trimmed his beard. Despite the long time they had spent in space the desert man still possessed the dark stained oak tan on his face and hands. No doubt beneath he was as white as Bespin clouds, but only Ardana could attest to the truth of that.

He caught the exchange between the two women. He stepped forward behind the Princess but spoke to the technician. "You have clever eyes and a knowledge of ships. As you can see the repairs and wear on this ship indicate something other than normal space travel, though you havent mentioned it directly, yet your still here. We are going to buy weapons, and store them on this ship. Weapons we will have a use for. If this scares you leave now, if you just want a ride stay out of sight and keep a low profile. If you have even the remotest thought that these times of peace in which we live are but a thin veneer over a dark veil of oppression and cruelty and we stand on the edge of a thousand years of darkness then come along."

The Jedi knew he could use his mind trick to attempt to remove this conversation from the young girls mind, but he was fairly certain through experience or the force that he wouldn't have to.

He then said to Kaida, "the force exists in time and space and beyond time and space. And while doors and chance encounters may hold traps and danger, they are just as likely to also produce friends and allies. Suspicion can bare two sons, caution and fear, it must on occasion be srinked with trust lest fear bare sons of its own."

Farok bowed his head and headed down the gangway to the flight deck.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Well there you go...Farok, clears the air up nice and quick!  (-D

That was awesome, dude. I will move this on later tonight - and no Aryn, the meeting with the weapons dealer will not take two weeks. I only intend a little dialogue so that we can figure a way to get the shopping list items that Kaida wants.

Posterboy

Quote from: Telcontar on Jan 04, 2013, 01:25 PM

[Farok] caught the exchange between the two women. He stepped forward behind the Princess but spoke to the technician. "You have clever eyes and a knowledge of ships. As you can see the repairs and wear on this ship indicate something other than normal space travel, though you havent mentioned it directly, yet your still here. We are going to buy weapons, and store them on this ship. Weapons we will have a use for. If this scares you leave now, if you just want a ride stay out of sight and keep a low profile. If you have even the remotest thought that these times of peace in which we live are but a thin veneer over a dark veil of oppression and cruelty and we stand on the edge of a thousand years of darkness then come along."

He then said to Kaida, "the force exists in time and space and beyond time and space. And while doors and chance encounters may hold traps and danger, they are just as likely to also produce friends and allies. Suspicion can bare two sons, caution and fear, it must on occasion be srinked with trust lest fear bare sons of its own."

Farok bowed his head and headed down the gangway to the flight deck.

Abby watched with a dumbfounded look on her face as Farok made his way to the flight deck. She looked back at Kaida, trying to gather her wits, "He's right... I did have a bit of an idea that perhaps youse were trying to fly under the eyes of the Empire." She shrugged her shoulders, trying to protray that the new information was no big deal. "Truth is, Rizzo mentioned that youse were looking to connect with Loryll. I haven't met the woman personally, but ol' Herm and Rizzo have talked about her in front of me before, and I know she deals in things a little more tricky to pick up out in the open."

The arkanian looked at the noble woman with humble compassion, "So, now I'm a bit more on the up on what youse are doing in town... lett me let you in on why I need this trip to Salliche." She breathed out, gathering her own courage to speak honestly. Who knows... maybe they might be able to help... "I told youse that I'm looking for my father on Salliche, and that's the truth. About four years ago, he disappeared suddenly when we were living out on Sullust. I always knew there was something more goin' on, but I only got lucky with some good information last year that he was been held up in some Imperial facility on Salliche."

Abby sighed, and gave Kaida a desparate look, hoping she hadn't frightened the noble woman with her story. "I don't have a plan on how to get him out or anything yet... I just figured I get to Salliche, and, you know... sort it out later."

Abby sudden felt a little foolish in the presence of Kaida, "Sorry... I'm keeping you... we can talk about my problems later... or now... or...," she shook her head. "I'll just stay with the ship." She moved to head back into the Aegis.

:ooc: Thanks Telcontar!  ;) If Jingo happens to post prior to Doug's update, and Kaida decides she'd like to have Abby along now that Farok has "broken the ice", Abby will come along. If Kaida does not stop her from heading in, or Doug updates first, I'm content with Abby staying with SAM and prepping the ship.