• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 29, 2024, 07:19 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Prologue

Started by tomcat, Oct 31, 2012, 07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Perception - Roll(1d20)+12: 11,+12 Total:23
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

:00: Caden's Perception -
Rolled 1d20+12 : 20 + 12, total 32

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

Farok cocked his head to notice how naturally he had used his new arm. He reflected for a moment how quickly the human body can adapt to conditions. He flexed the fingers of his out stretcehd hand with a curious look on his face.

With an ozone cutting flick of his other wrist his blade came up to deflect the incoming blow, "Some day you may get the drop on me and regret the slow reflexes of an old man." He winced and rubbed his shoulder, "the arm is mine but not my own...We are done for the day."

With an abrupt snap Farok shut his saber off and walked down the gangway. Ardana followed suit and went to follow after him, but stopped she recognized the pain of memory at work on her master.

Farok walked down the gangway in order to feel solid earth under his feet. There he saw the Princess and her new companion in tow. With a shrug of his should he rolled his robes over the lightsaber attached at his hip. He didnt speak, but nodded and stepped to the side and gazed at the star port.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Jingo

Dec 20, 2012, 08:18 PM #63 Last Edit: Dec 20, 2012, 08:29 PM by Jingo
Quote from: sdrotar on Dec 19, 2012, 09:14 PM
... He walked to the hangar to greet Kaida. "What'cha dig up?"
He paused to look at the grubby young woman with her. "And who?"

Kaida smiled a greeting to Farok and then beamed as she moved up to greet Caden. "Captain..." her voice oozed honey. She moved up and gave him an embrace. It wasn't really her style--neither was the man her type, well, okay sometimes she found him charming, when he wasn't barking about his ship! Sometimes. Maybe a little. But type or no type, sometimes you had to get your hands dirty. 

She was close enough that from Abby's vantage point it looked like she was giving Caden a lingering hug and kiss on his cheek. Her lips fairly brushed his ears alone. "Play along. She found me. And I was being careful! She might be who we need to get in touch with the people on Salliche...or she might not. I don't think she's lying, but she insisted she talk to you. It's you're call. I don't think we were followed." Then louder as she stepped away. "Well, this is Abby. Abby the captain. She heard we might be headed for Salliche and is seeking passage. Has some business or other there. Anyway, she wants a ride, and has the credits to pay. Plus for the duration, she's good with droids and the like. I told her you're the captain. You decide where the ship goes, not I."

She gave an ingratiating smile and then turned and pretended to inspect the ship's manifest on her datapad mouthing something about checking the supplies. While she walked around the ship looking at the crates and boxes nearby, she surreptitiously studied their newest addition. Her eyes also scanned the starport for any tails that may have followed them.

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on Dec 20, 2012, 08:18 PM

She was close enough that from Abby's vantage point it looked like she was giving Caden a lingering hug and kiss on his cheek. Her lips fairly brushed his ears alone. "Play along. She found me. And I was being careful! She might be who we need to get in touch with the people on Salliche...or she might not. I don't think she's lying, but she insisted she talk to you. It's you're call. I don't think we were followed."

He played along as Kaida drew close. He had to admit it wasn't entirely unpleasant.
With Brim and Logar gone, they had room, and they needed credits. If she was a halfway decent tech, so much the better.
There wasn't any need to tell her what they were really doing... not yet, anyway. Kaida was right - they were all safer with her onboard, rather than having someone find out what she knew.

"You'll have to share a bunk," he said to Abby, "but I can get you where you need to go, and I can always use a hand with the machinery."

tomcat

Dec 22, 2012, 02:42 PM #65 Last Edit: Dec 22, 2012, 04:17 PM by tomcat
:ooc: This post lies somewhere between BIT and Caden's conversation, Kara's departure, and Kaida returning with Abby.

The two men were very observant and Kara's departure did not go unnoticed. Not only that, Caden noticed that the woman seemed to be carrying more items than a person that would taking a trip off of the ship - especially since Kara had made it her home since Bakura. He wondered what was up and decided it was time to take a look through her bunk.

The Aegis had four passengar/crew cabins that each had a dual bunk. Along with individual captain and first mate quarters, the ship's ammenities were rather nice. Caden had spent some good money in improving said quarters since the ship was his home. And so the Bestinian made his way around the circular passage to where the four crew quarters were and opened the one that Kara was currently enjoying to herself. The Aegis was not at capacity in terms of crew, and so private quarters were available to those that wanted them.

The cabin was sparse, save for the dressed bunks and a few ammenities kept by Kara. He searched the locker closet, bed drawers and the small desk/dresser unit. Caden found more than he wanted. Pulling back a rag of a shirt, he saw evidence of deathstick and stim caplets. Not a user in any sense of the word, Caden was not sure if he was looking at active drugs or used up containers.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

"Where are you heading," Caden asked Kara. "That's a lot of stuff just to go hit the cantina."
He let the words hang in the air; without malice or accusation.
He hoped Kara might open up to him, just a bit.

tomcat

Dec 24, 2012, 10:13 AM #67 Last Edit: Dec 24, 2012, 10:21 AM by tomcat
Kara liked Caden. She had since the first day she had met him, defending some woman that had gotten herself too deeply into the business of politics - or at least politicians. Caden had been respectful to Kara, given her a home, and a reason to try and clean up.

But it was too much now.

The ghost of Britton had haunted her since Tantau II. It seemed that nightly his spectre came to her and accusingly beckoned to her, as if she could save him now - bring him back from death. A death that might not have occurred if she had not run. She shook her head. The tremors were startintg. The perspiration. She could not kill the ghost that haunted her unless she buried him in a drunken stupor. Fortunately Brim and Logar had not visited her, but she was not responsible for them.

Kara could not do it. She could not see anymore people that she knew, and liked, die in this pointless struggle. There was an Emperor now, so what! It hadn't changed much in the galaxy. Things were still just as bad as they had been since the war; still as bad since she found deathsticks. Yet, the drugs were the only thing that made life seem right.

Caden watched as the woman's eyes welled up with tears, though none broke away. She stuttered, "C-c-can't do it anymore, Caden. I can't be part of another trip on your ship where people die for nothin'. I can't watch someone bleed out in front of me, again... and I don't want to die. I mean - I know I won't live for ever, but I never saw my life ending due to... well, whatever you guys are doing now. I just can't. I need to find my own way now. Thanks for a place for a while. You are good cap... don't let them pull you in too deep."

:ooc: This part of the post is later and is the interaction with Abby, based on Posterboy's General post.

Abby agreed wholeheartedly with Caden's demands - anything to get her the lift she needed to Saliche. She had a few more words with the Captain of the Aegis and then was taken on board the ship to be shown where she would bunk. Abby introduced herself to the rest of the crew and then made her way quickly back to Rizzo's to gather her things.

Ardana, the Twi'lek, liked this new member to the team. She seemed spunky and driven, unlike the woman that she had spent the better part of her time with since they left Tatooine. Ardana had seen many like Kara - male and female. Addicts that destroy themselves and at times bring down those that they love. The Twi'lek looked at Farok. He seemed a new man now, with his new appendage - not just in body but in mind. She liked that. Ardana knew that her time taking care of Farok was over, he had won his battle with the demons.

Sam, who had stayed outside the ship working, observed her leave and then noticed as the others came out. He spoke, "Might be a problem explaining to the new crewmate why we are loading heavy weapons on board, don't you think? Well, at least she will replace Kara in helping me keep up the ship. I wonder if she can fly as well as the Corellian, too?"

Caden and Kaida both wondered at the droid's words. They wondered if Kara would come back before they left in the morning. They also wondered if the new shipmate was on the up and up, and not some kind of Imperial spy.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

:ooc: When Kaida gets a moment, she quietly informs Caden and the others (minus Abbey since she's not sure she can be trusted) about the weapon shipment that night.

Posterboy

Dec 25, 2012, 08:02 PM #69 Last Edit: Dec 28, 2012, 06:03 PM by Posterboy
Quote from: Jingo on Dec 20, 2012, 08:18 PM
Quote from: sdrotar on Dec 19, 2012, 09:14 PM
... He walked to the hangar to greet Kaida. "What'cha dig up?"
He paused to look at the grubby young woman with her. "And who?"

Kaida smiled a greeting to Farok and then beamed as she moved up to greet Caden. "Captain..." her voice oozed honey. She moved up and gave him an embrace. It wasn't really her style--neither was the man her type, well, okay sometimes she found him charming, when he wasn't barking about his ship! Sometimes. Maybe a little. But type or no type, sometimes you had to get your hands dirty. 

She was close enough that from Abby's vantage point it looked like she was giving Caden a lingering hug and kiss on his cheek. Her lips fairly brushed his ears alone. "Play along. She found me. And I was being careful! She might be who we need to get in touch with the people on Salliche...or she might not. I don't think she's lying, but she insisted she talk to you. It's you're call. I don't think we were followed." Then louder as she stepped away. "Well, this is Abby. Abby the captain. She heard we might be headed for Salliche and is seeking passage. Has some business or other there. Anyway, she wants a ride, and has the credits to pay. Plus for the duration, she's good with droids and the like. I told her you're the captain. You decide where the ship goes, not I."

Abby whistled lowly at the sight of the ship. "An E-9 Explorer! Oh, wow! I've always wanted to get my hands dirty in one of these girls," she exclaimed with joy. Her face beamed like a girl getting a birthday gift. "I once got to work on the radial-imaging scanner of one of these, but never dreamed I'd get to... ooh!" she squealed with delight. "She's got the RX-50s upgrades with the dual-drive thrusters!"

Turning to the captain, she was nearly quivering, "Have youse ever tried a Segnor's Loop with her? I bet she handles like a ship half her size!"

Quote from: sdrotar on Dec 20, 2012, 08:38 PM
"You'll have to share a bunk," he said to Abby, "but I can get you where you need to go, and I can always use a hand with the machinery."

Abby through her arms around Caden, "Oh, thanks, captain! You're not gonna be disappointed, I promise ya that!"

Jingo

Kaida rolled her eyes at Abby's obvious exuberance and murmured to herself as she checked the crates and stocks around the ship. "RX-50s and duel drive thrusters? Ah Caden. She already has you wrapped around her finger. You're never going to get rid of her are you?"

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Dec 24, 2012, 10:13 AM
Kara liked Caden. She had since the first day she had met him, defending some woman that had gotten herself too deeply into the business of politics - or at least politicians. Caden had been respectful to Kara, given her a home, and a reason to try and clean up.

But it was too much now.

The ghost of Britton had haunted her since Tantau II. It seemed that nightly his spectre came to her and accusingly beckoned to her, as if she could save him now - bring him back from death. A death that might not have occurred if she had not run. She shook her head. The tremors were startintg. The perspiration. She could not kill the ghost that haunted her unless she buried him in a drunken stupor. Fortunately Brim and Logar had not visited her, but she was not responsible for them.

Kara could not do it. She could not see anymore people that she knew, and liked, die in this pointless struggle. There was an Emperor now, so what! It hadn't changed much in the galaxy. Things were still just as bad as they had been since the war; still as bad since she found deathsticks. Yet, the drugs were the only thing that made life seem right.

Caden watched as the woman's eyes welled up with tears, though none broke away. She stuttered, "C-c-can't do it anymore, Caden. I can't be part of another trip on your ship where people die for nothin'. I can't watch someone bleed out in front of me, again... and I don't want to die. I mean - I know I won't live for ever, but I never saw my life ending due to... well, whatever you guys are doing now. I just can't. I need to find my own way now. Thanks for a place for a while. You are good cap... don't let them pull you in too deep."

Caden nodded slowly. He hoped that Kara would find a better path than the one she had been walking, but he valued his own freedom deeply -- he wouldn't think about telling anyone else what to do with their life.
"Thanks for everything," he said, offering a handshake. "Disappear for a while if you need to, but remember that there are other ways to get through life. You're more important than those sticks."
"I won't tell the others. Take care of yourself, Kara."

The handshake turned into a brief embrace, and as Caden watched Kara walk away, he suspected that he would never see her again. It made him sad.
But there were other lives to be saved; perhaps it was best that he got going.
Caden turned on his heel and walked back into his ship; his home.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Dec 24, 2012, 10:13 AM

Sam, who had stayed outside the ship working, observed her leave and then noticed as the others came out. He spoke, "Might be a problem explaining to the new crewmate why we are loading heavy weapons on board, don't you think? Well, at least she will replace Kara in helping me keep up the ship. I wonder if she can fly as well as the Corellian, too?"

"Sam," Caden replied, clanking his metallic friend in what would be his stomach, "have I ever needed a pilot before? We've got me!"
He took a few steps toward the cockpit, then turned around.
"Don't answer that," he said with a smile, and then a pause. "That's an order."

sdrotar

Quote from: Posterboy on Dec 25, 2012, 08:02 PM

Abby whistled lowly at the sight of the ship. "An E-9 Explorer! Oh, wow! I've always wanted to get my hands dirty in one of these girls," she exclaimed with joy. Her face beamed like a girl getting a birthday gift. "I once got to work on the radial-imaging scanner of one of these, but never dreamed I'd get to... ooh!" she squealed with delight. "She's got the RX-50s upgrades with the dual-drive thrusters!"

Turning to the captain, she was nearly quivering, "Have youse ever tried a Segnor's Loop with her? I bet she handles like a ship half her size!"

"She'll surprise you, if you keep her running right. And I expect you to keep her running right," he said, with a look that meant business. Then a smile crossed his lips. "Welcome aboard."

Quote from: Jingo on Dec 27, 2012, 02:59 PM
Kaida rolled her eyes at Abby's obvious exuberance and murmured to herself as she checked the crates and stocks around the ship. "RX-50s and duel drive thrusters? Ah Caden. She already has you wrapped around her finger. You're never going to get rid of her are you?"

"We need a mechanic, and it sounds like she'll work for the ride," Caden replied, shrugging his shoulders. "It's exactly what we need."
"As for 'getting rid of her', that's more your department... We'll see how she likes what you've got planned."

Jingo

"You mean how our friends all tend to die at the hands of imperials and dark jedi?" she frowned and shook her head to shake away the memory and the shadows of depression. "I bear some responsibility, since I and my family are hunted by the Empire. But I didn't force any of the crew to do any of these missions." she slammed down the data pad and thrust her hands into her pockets. "What should I do? Betray what I believe in? Take the easy way out? Lose myself in the crowd and in drugs--escape, like Kara?" Discouragement nearly overwhelmed her, and she leaned against a crate and felt Brim's lightsaber heavy on her hip. "Sometimes I want to," she began softly, "sometimes I want to just walk away and ignore it all and say, 'To hell with the the galaxy. Let it fix itself!' But don't you see? History and physics tells us otherwise. It never does fix itself. It requires a catalyst. An ideal. Freedom. I can think of no higher ideal to fight for..." she scrubbed her hand through her hair. "But it doesn't make any of this any easier."

For a moment her troubled eyes studied the happy Abby, watching her tinker with her tools. "She's like a child in a candy ship isn't she?" She stood and faced Caden. "Look, she doesn't have to be part of any of this. I honestly hope she's not. If she's not some imperial spy, when we get to Salliche let's just let her go okay? Hopefully all she really wants is a ride there. I don't want more blood on my hands."