Nov 20, 2017, 07:06 pm

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


EPILOGUE: Aftermath

Started by tomcat, Oct 05, 2012, 11:49 am

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Telcontar

 :ooc: FArok needs to get a protetic arm, other than that he intends to keep up with his training and start the process of freeing Kaida's sister.
T. Gingras

THE GAME MUST GO ON!
Morirúsë
1H :00::dmg: 11 Edge 7 Injury 18
2H :00: 5 :dmg: 13 Edge 7 Injury 20
( 5 DMG to adjacent foe)
Bandy
Bow   :00::dmg: 7 Edge 10 Injury 14
Short Sword  :00::dmg: 5 Edge 10 Injury 14
(Great or Extraordinary success auto piercing blow with 1 Hope)
Stone of Ardillon (Light of Elbereth Hope= light flare duration wisdom, Spend Hate to Attack.

tomcat

:ooc: All right, I was hoping that the players could all dialogue together (i.e. chat amongst yourselves) about what their next goal is, but it doesn't seem like we are going to do that. I answered Kaida's attempt below.

I am starting a whole new board for the game, as Black Sun has come to its conclusion. I will have the new intro thread up tonight or tomorrow. As for the ship's repairs, Farok's new arm - I will just consider these things taken care of between episodes, so Tom, go ahead and design your level increase with a new cybernetic arm in place. I will deduct money from the party treasure to accommodate these items.





At the end of the second "day", she spotted Caden as he disappeared into his quarters. She approached and tapped on the door.

When it opened, she looked him up and down and smiled. The man could be brusque and sometimes downright rude, but she was a good judge of character, and she was pleased to see a good man standing before her. Caden looked tired. "How are the repairs going on the Aegis? I don't know too much about it, but looks to me like she could use a few more days of work."

<after he complains about the damage to the ship...>

She nodded and tossed him a credit chit. "Seems my brother Jalek is alive." She leaned against the door frame, her hands in the pockets of her short coat. "He transferred some funds to me. Not a lot, but enough to cover not only my baggage fee here, but some of ship's repairs too. Sorry about calling her in down there." She shrugged and smiled again. "It probably won't be the last time." Then she sobered a little. "At least I hope not. I mean...that's why I wanted to talk to you. I hope you'll consider helping me get my sister free and in helping me--" she ran a hand through her hair "--in helping us, Farok and me, in our larger fight against the Empire. I won't lie. It will be a dangerous. Death will continue to stalk those we love and care about. But I think you know that freedom never comes easily. A spark has to be lit. And the price for lighting such a spark has always been the willing sacrifice of the brave. Brim understood that sacrifice, I think. He did not die in vain.  You're a good man, Captain, and we--I--could really use a man of your talents. Anyway, think about it. I've called a meeting with the crew tomorrow. If you're on our side, I think it'd help sway the others. No matter what you decide, I consider you a friend."


Caden quietly listened to the noblewoman, nodding slightly at her comments, until she finished. He scratched at his hair and thought of how much he was going to enjoy the shower that was in his very near future. He smiled at Kaida, nodded again, and said, "Lot of strangers have boarded my ship, only to become friends... too many have been lost, but it is as you say. I will consider your request, Kaida, and we can all discuss it in the morning. Get some sleep... we all need it."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar



She nodded and tossed him a credit chit. "Seems my brother Jalek is alive." She leaned against the door frame, her hands in the pockets of her short coat. "He transferred some funds to me. Not a lot, but enough to cover not only my baggage fee here, but some of ship's repairs too. Sorry about calling her in down there." She shrugged and smiled again. "It probably won't be the last time." Then she sobered a little. "At least I hope not. I mean...that's why I wanted to talk to you. I hope you'll consider helping me get my sister free and in helping me--" she ran a hand through her hair "--in helping us, Farok and me, in our larger fight against the Empire. I won't lie. It will be a dangerous. Death will continue to stalk those we love and care about. But I think you know that freedom never comes easily. A spark has to be lit. And the price for lighting such a spark has always been the willing sacrifice of the brave. Brim understood that sacrifice, I think. He did not die in vain.  You're a good man, Captain, and we--I--could really lose a man of your talents. Anyway, think about it. I've called a meeting with the crew tomorrow. If you're on our side, I think it'd help sway the others. No matter what you decide, I consider you a friend."

ooc: btw, the credit chit contains 10,000 creds.


"I've lost a lot of friends in the past few weeks. That's not a life that I've ever had a lot of interest in; I'd prefer to anonymously, quietly retire somewhere sunny and warm where no one ever heard of gangsters, empires... what have you."

But Caden was no fool - he knew that world might never exist for him. He'd always been running.

"I'll think about it," he said. "But if we do go forward with Organa's little crusade together, I have to insist on one thing - something that he always respected in our prior dealings: this ship is mine; it goes where I want it to go, when I want it to. And that's final." He suspected that Kaida might have to think about that.

"Thanks for this," he said sincerely, holding up the chit. "I think it's enough to pay for your ride... and to cover for a family rescue."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

Quote
"I'll think about it," he said. "But if we do go forward with Organa's little crusade together, I have to insist on one thing - something that he always respected in our prior dealings: this ship is mine; it goes where I want it to go, when I want it to. And that's final." He suspected that Kaida might have to think about that.


"Fine by me," she said trying not to smile. "I promise I wont boss your ship around, unless you are dead or unconscious or stark raving mad..."

She enjoyed the look on his face. Well, she at least thought it was funny. "Lighten up," she chuckled. "I'm sure it won't come to that."

Jingo

#49
Nov 03, 2012, 02:44 pm Last Edit: Nov 07, 2012, 03:19 pm by Jingo
Kaida calls a meeting the next "morning" in the break room.

"Thank you for coming. Let me get right to the point. We suffered many hardships on Malastare, the greatest of which was the loss of our two companions, Logar and Brim. They will be sorely missed and will be rallying cries of freedom in the days ahead. Let us remember them for their bravery and sacrifices.

I for one intend to carry on this fight for freedom. Master Farok has graciously offered to help me." She nodded gratefully to the man. "We seek to free my sister from the clutches of the Empire, as well as locate my mother. Once my family is restored, we will work tirelessly to rally any and all freedom fighters to our great cause of liberty. I ask each of you to consider a universe where no one stands up against the monolithic will of the Empire and worlds upon worlds stifle and groan under the shackles of grinding oppression."

As they pondered she moved and stood by Farok. "Will you stand with us and be a light to others in these dark days? It will not be easy. Danger and death will hound our heels the remainder of our lives. But these are days where brave souls must rise up and take a stand."

tomcat

Sam stood there quietly. His Heuristic processor began to run probabilities of success for the multiple things that Kaida announced were hers, and Farok's intent. The analyses came quickly and most were low percentages, but the droid knew that the noblewoman had no desire to hear his results. In fact, they would have a negative affect on the purpose of the groups gathering, which Sam knew was meant to inspire, rally, and adhere their commitment to a goal. To adhere them together as a team.

He looked around him. The only human, or a near-human, here that he held any true allegiance to was Caden. The man had taken him in and allowed him to reside on the Aegis. He had even aided the droid in upgrades. Sam worked on understanding the idea of self-will and making a commitment - not being programmed to or for a purpose - and he struggled with it. Still, he was a independent droid with  his own choices to follow, and his own allegiances to create... not someone elses programming.

Sam spoke in his way, like an organic, instead of a droid. "Well... I think you can count me in, Kaida. I will go where the Aegis takes me, but if it is Caden's choice to include us in your pursuits, then you have my services."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

"So, Captain Caden. The choice is yours? Are you willing to sign onto this mission to continue your role as renegade privateer?"
T. Gingras

THE GAME MUST GO ON!
Morirúsë
1H :00::dmg: 11 Edge 7 Injury 18
2H :00: 5 :dmg: 13 Edge 7 Injury 20
( 5 DMG to adjacent foe)
Bandy
Bow   :00::dmg: 7 Edge 10 Injury 14
Short Sword  :00::dmg: 5 Edge 10 Injury 14
(Great or Extraordinary success auto piercing blow with 1 Hope)
Stone of Ardillon (Light of Elbereth Hope= light flare duration wisdom, Spend Hate to Attack.

sdrotar

#52
Nov 08, 2012, 01:48 pm Last Edit: Nov 08, 2012, 01:51 pm by sdrotar
"I'm in," Caden said. "To try and rescue Kaida's family, at least."
He paused, not wanting to let them down, but not willing to commit yet to something that might be the death of him.
"After that, we'll see. I've lost three friends to this before I met any of you, and more since. Sam's all I have left from my original crew, and we haven't even really started this... revolution that you're discussing. Sure, I want my freedom back, and this all sounds great and noble and... whatever, but our luck seems to be running lower each time we head out somewhere. I'm not interested in seeing it run out entirely."

He smiled at Kaida after the last. "But putting a family back together; that I can get behind." He thought of his own family back on Bestine and wondered if he'd ever see them again.

"Let's get this show on the road."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Go Up