• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 05:47 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Cavern engagement - Round 8

Started by tomcat, Sep 22, 2012, 07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: Great posts, guys! I like the inter-character stress going on. Now, to the mechanics

I found out that with his shot, Boba Fett pushes Shade 2 notches down the CT for both Hunter's Mark and exceeding his damage threshold. I also realize that Shade must first defend against BIT's attack, and I need to include his current condition penalties. So the -5 MAP penalty and -3 CT will be suffered against these attacks.

There is no way I can win these defenses, so instead of taking the hits, Shade is going to spend two DP's and negate the attacks.  :csu:

Running out of resources here!  :|

For his actions this round Shade will take three SWIFT actions to move himself up the CT by 1 to -2.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: BG captain spends another DP to negate Farok's critical (leaving him 1 DP left)

BG Captain
FULL ROUND - attack Farok with two attacks from staff
:00: DC 16 Melee Bando Gora Captain's staff +1 (2d6+6)
attack 1 1d20+1 : 17 + 1, total 18

attack 2 1d20+1 : 6 + 1, total 7

dmg 1 2d6+6 : 4, 5 + 6, total 15

dmg 1 2d6+6 : 2, 5 + 6, total 13
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Farok is hit with an 18 - rolls defense

Farok
REACTION - block
:00: DC 18 Use the Force +10
Rolled 1d20+10 : 11 + 10, total 21

tomcat

Telcontar

Farok could hear the chatter on the comlink, but it was as if people were talking in a dream. His brain gave it only the smallest amount of attention in order to recognize anything that might be critical or important. The one arm man placed his entire focus on the Bando Gora Captain. He knew he was the junior threat of the two remaining foes, but it was one that he could handle with the hope that the rest of the party could gang up on Shade.

The staff came at him again and his lightsaber came up to Block it once more. Farok, wished he could call it skill, but know he knew that dueling with one arm was more luck than skill. His pride had kept him from taking action to correct that, hopefully his pride wouldn't kill him now.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Caden actions
SWIFT x2 - aim
STANDARD - fires on Shade
:00: DC 22 Ranged heavy blaster pistol +6 (4d8+4) with Point blank shot and Rapid Shot
Rolled 1d20+6 : 13 + 6, total 19

dmg 4d8+4 : 7, 6, 2, 6 + 4, total 25

tomcat

:ooc: Caden can drop a Force point on this to see if he can make up the difference. Let me know if you want to - otherwise the attack misses and we move on to round 9.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Sep 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
:ooc: Caden can drop a Force point on this to see if he can make up the difference. Let me know if you want to - otherwise the attack misses and we move on to round 9.

:ooc: Oh, hells-yeah. ;D
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: Caden's force point

Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2

tomcat

:ooc:  (-D

Needed a three and got a two... always the way.  :csu:

Jingo

:ooc: just checking to see if he applied the +1 from Kaida... (hoping)-- if he's only 1 off it MIGHT make a diff  :shh:

Jingo

"Two things, sister," he snapped. "One, I knew Brim longer than any of of you, and he's one of my three friends this guy's killed before anyone else here even came along! Two, in case you forgot - that's my goddamned ship, and as long as I'm breathing, I decide where -- and when -- it goes. Got it?"

His words grated on her nerves partially because she knew he was right. She never did easily back down from verbal confrontations. "Excuuuse me mister!" she turned on him and thumped one finger in his chest before he got his shot off. "I realize your friends died! So did my friend. I liked Brim too. But just because you're aching for revenge doesn't mean you should take us with you on your joy ride. I'm sorry if your precious ship gets scratched, send me the bill! But someone's got to save our hides!"

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on Sep 25, 2012, 06:10 PM
"But someone's got to save our hides!"

Caden paid little attention to Kaida's outburst -- he was lining up another shot.
But he grumbled, "You're already wanted; wanna add an army of gangsters to the list? Only way out's through."

He gritted his teeth and fired again.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: Jingo on Sep 25, 2012, 05:57 PM :ooc: just checking to see if he applied the +1 from Kaida... (hoping)-- if he's only 1 off it MIGHT make a diff  :shh:

:ooc: Darn it! I keep forgetting to add this mod in, so yea, it makes the difference.

Shade now needs to deflect...
REACTION - Use the Force [Deflect]
:00: DC 22 Use the Force +13, MAP -5, CT -3
Rolled 1d20+5 : 11 + 5, total 16

Going to include a Force point roll, too, just in case. But, if the action does not need it, I will not spend the FP... I just don't want to make more posts for this round.  ;)

best of two 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8

tomcat

:ooc: Crap... the FP will be considered spent because the potential chase of success.

Shade takes 25 damage, total of 89/93 CT -3