Sep 25, 2017, 09:24 pm

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


Briefing

Started by tomcat, Jul 06, 2012, 05:12 pm

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tomcat

Sherman entered the sparsely occupied briefing room. Sorek and Ramos were already there and sitting, so the doctor chose a seat close to his two fellow officers. The Vulcan science officer waited until he was settled and then began, "Gentlemen, the captain has ordered me to attempt to re-establish communication with the entities that we encounteed on the Merrimac, as well as those that have migrated here to our own ship. I asked the two of you here because one, Doctor, you were with me on the derelict and had direct encounter with the beings. So, your insight to a potential threat, as well as how we may once more establish communication is helpful. Mr. Ramos, you did not have direct contact with the entities, save those that are now on our ship - which I must add are decisively different than those which we encountered. Your engineering background and knowledge of power sources, power transmission, and power containment are also essential to any hypothesis that we can contrive." Sorek paused, "The dark shades are currently gathered in the arboretum, gentlemen. How do we both contain them and communicate with them?"

Sorek had ideas of his own but he wanted these two men's insight to prepare a plan to take to their captain.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

"I'm not certain how that much power is being generated, let alone contained," Ramos said. "Moreover, I'm not sure how our own superstructure is withstanding it. In most cases, energy of that magnitude -- and in a visible spectrum -- generates a significant amount of heat and radiation; neither of which we're seeing in significant amounts."

He rubbed his goatee gently, and continued.

"The only thing I can fathom is that the energy is -- and I'm aware how crazy this sounds -- extradimensional. Somewhere that our standard model of physics doesn't apply. If I'm right, then as a result, everything we know -- or think we know about it -- is wrong."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

"As for communication, I'm not much on the technical details, but as they traverse our energy conduits and such, sending some sort of artificial pulse in the energy streams could get their attention.  If not communication but maybe a means to direct them instead if our attempts cause some sort of damage or disturbance to their form."

sdrotar


"As for communication, I'm not much on the technical details, but as they traverse our energy conduits and such, sending some sort of artificial pulse in the energy streams could get their attention.  If not communication but maybe a means to direct them instead if our attempts cause some sort of damage or disturbance to their form."


Ramos nodded. "Could work. Worth a try, at least."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Go Up