• Welcome, Guest. Please login.
 
Jul 05, 2022, 07:45 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!


SCENE 1 - New course

Started by tomcat, Feb 14, 2010, 12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Mar 23, 2010, 05:02 PM #45 Last Edit: Mar 23, 2010, 05:05 PM by tomcat
:ooc: My poor tac officer is being scrutinized.  ;)

Great posts!





"Aye, captain," answered Grahm. He tapped his comm on his panel, "Mr. Ramos, the ship will be entering the Katyon Cluster within the next ten minutes, or at least within its outer sphere of influence, to conduct recovery and rescue of the starship Merrimac. Please have a party ready on standby to transport to the Merrimac and be ready for shifting power needs. There is a lot of radiation within the cluster. Grahm out."

Grahm then looked over to Downer, "Mr. Downer, contact sickbay and inform Doctor Sherman of the situation." The tactical officer turned to his console bringing up the duty roster for his department. He browsed down the names to see who had just come on duty and saw it was a Lt. (j.g.) Devon Phillips. He tapped his comm once more, "Lt. Phillips, please report to Commander Grahm on the bridge."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

bizarro316

Mar 23, 2010, 07:37 PM #46 Last Edit: Mar 23, 2010, 07:40 PM by bizarro316
As the turbolift ascended to the bridge, Lieutenant, j.g. Devon Phillips couldn't believe the awkwardness of the situation, and so close to almost running late for his duty shift...*Can't believe that conversation with Jessica ran that long that I almost forgot that I had duty shift...Never been this...* He swore to himself that he would in the future try and be more attentive when it came to his scheduling, and would apologize to the Commander for any disrespect and delays that he may have caused...Taking a deep breath, and getting his composure, as the turbolift stopped, and the doors opened to the bridge, he walked in, preparing for what awaits him.."Lieutenant Phillips, reporting for duty Commander..."

tomcat

Grahm was busy when he heard the voice behind him. He turned to see a bright looking, young officer wearing the standard uniform of Starfleet's Security department. The fact that Phillips may have been running behind did not seem to be an issue, so he relaxed a bit as Grahm began to speak.

John knew many of the personnel on the ship, but with the change over of staff at Earth Spacedock, there were some faces and names that he had not yet put together. "Devon... new to the ship? Right? Well I am sorry if we have not had a chance to talk directly." Grahm moved onto the business at hand without waiting for any reply, "Phillips, I need you to form a landing party to support both Chief Engineer Ramos's team as well as Doctor Sherman's. The Columbia has identified a missing starship within the cluster and we do not know the condition yet of the ship or the crew. I want phasers issued to your team along with communicators. Lastly, depending on the shape of the Merrimac, we may need to also prep with EVA suits. Any questions?"

John looked back to his console and then back to the young officer waiting to see if he had any comments.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

donimator

Downer relayed the message to sickbay along with some parameters of radiation levels within the Cluster. He continued to ensure power demands were balanced and all prioirty systems were functioning at expected levels.

Additionally, he tried to correlate the IFF transmission with the earlier message to see if they originated on the same bearing and range.

bizarro316

Mar 24, 2010, 11:14 PM #49 Last Edit: Mar 24, 2010, 11:58 PM by tomcat
Devon looked at the Commander, trying to hide his excitement, and his curiosity at already given the honors in setting up a security detail for the mission...But growing up on Belle Terre, and the dangers that he constantly faced, growing up on a colony world, brought a lot of alert signs to the forefront. "Commander--," he began to respond, "--I do not wish to undermine your decision in selecting me to prepare the landing party for the mission. But shouldn't we have first a security detail go over to the ship? Securing it, before sending over other department personnel? We don't exactly know what we are dealing with over there, and I don't want to risk people until we have the situation well in hand, Sir..."

tomcat

John smiled at the Lieutenant, "The idea is sound, Phillips. Your security team will be the first to beam over, but we will also be relying on Mr. Sorek to provide with information as well. I am not going to have you and your people beaming over into a blind situation. But get down to the transporter room on Deck 7, and prepare the equipment you will need. I estimate we will be in range of the Merrimac in about 20 minutes."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Stonn overheard the discussion between Grahm and Phillips and noted the young officer's boldness in questioning his orders. Phillips had handled it with delicacy, and had shown initiative in his desire to ensure the safety of his shipmates. The young man had made an interesting first impression on his new captain.

Stonn made a mental note to look further into the lieutenant's record when he had an opportunity.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

seppun1

Mar 25, 2010, 01:35 AM #52 Last Edit: Mar 25, 2010, 05:27 PM by tomcat
   
    Pushkin keeps a steady hand upon the controls, making sure the Columbia doesn't get hit by the worst effects coming from the Nebula.   He wonders for a moment if it is possible for anything to live out here before shaking his head to keep his focus upon the controls.   He listens up as the signal is finally received and deciphered.   "A Federation ship, huh? It must got too close and got dragged in." He says out loud to himself.   He nods his head to the order. "Aye, Sir.  Heading into the Merrimac"


Pushkin's helm test #2
TN 10 Sys Ops +13, Specialty +2, Columbia mod +1, Cluster mod +0 = +16 
Roll(2d6)+16: 4,6,+16   Total:26


:ooc:   Sorry,  I will admit, I got confused.  Was I suppose to go first with the test?  Was I suppose to wait? 
   

bizarro316

"Aye, sir," Devon replied, nodding respectfully, dismissing himself, heading to the turbolift. Once inside, he tapped the lift comm panel. "Security? This is Lieutenant Phillips. I need a security detail in full EVA gear, Deck 7, transporter room. In ten minutes. Also inform Commander Sorek, as well...Ten minutes people...Phillips out.."

tomcat

Quote from: seppun1 on Mar 25, 2010, 01:35 AM:ooc:   Sorry,  I will admit, I got confused.  Was I suppose to go first with the test?  Was I suppose to wait?

:ooc: It is okay Seppun. The order that people post their tests is irrelevant to me, as long as the tests are numerated. I have no problem if you roll all your dice rolls at once and number them. I will put the tests, along with the success or failures into the narrative as the story moves.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: The Columbia moves into the next distance band from Long Range to Medium Range, which is the band that the Merrimac's beacon is eminating from (Long range mods will apply for this group of tests, but from here forward all range mods and TN will affect tests based on Medium range. If you have questions, feel free to ask me...

Sorek's sensor test #2
TN 10 Cluster Mod +2 = 12 Sys Ops +8, Specialty +2 = +10
-------------------------
Roll(2d6)+10: 1,6,+10 Total:17 SUCCESS

Anderson's navigation test #2
TN 10 Cluster Mod +3 = 13 Sys Ops +11, Specialty +2, = +13
-------------------------
Roll(2d6)+13: 3,5,+13 Total:21 SUCCESS


Quote from: seppun1 on Mar 25, 2010, 01:35 AMPushkin's helm test #2
TN 10 Cluster Mod +3 = 13 Sys Ops +13, Specialty +2, Columbia mod +1 = +16
-------------------------
Roll(2d6)+16: 4,6,+16 Total:26 SUCCESS

Grahm's deflector test #2
TN 10 Cluster Mod +3 = 13 Sys Ops +13, Specialty +2, Columbia mod +3 = +18
-------------------------
Roll(2d6)+18: 1,4,+18 Total:23 SUCCESS





The Columbia pressed closer as the crew prepared to rescue the survivors of the Merrimac. Doctor Sherman and the medical team that he organized made the quick walk from Sickbay down the hall to the transporter room. Inside, Phillips and his team had already arrived and were in the process of donning EVA suits. The security personnel made room for the medical team as they filed in so that they, too, might get ready.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Just a little insight as to how you guys can handle your staff/fellow shipmates. The Columbia has a crew of 360 and all the PC's are either department heads, or at least officers that have authority over any junior in your department.

Each department on the ship is broken down with the number of personnel at the following link:

Columbia details (this can also be found in the House Rule/PC Sheets section under Character Sheets etc.)

If your department counts seem out of whack to you (i.e. number of nurses in the Med department), let me know. You will not hurt my feelings if we need to tweak the crew dispositions.

Some NPC's have been named on the Columbia details page, but if there is no name, you are free to make up the NPC crewman's name, gender and race as you please - just do me a favor and keep the races restricted to what we saw in TOS or the original first four movies... I don't want any races that have not yet been met through the Bajoran wormhole, etc.

If there is an NPC in your command, you will use all of your skill stats divided by two (rounded-up) to calculate any skill roll that you want them to perform.

Any questions, just give me a shout.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦○○] Dmg 9/11  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]