• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:59 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Quiet

Started by tomcat, Jun 14, 2012, 12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telcontar

:ooc: Doug, I am responding before reading the whole post. The Heroic Item was an optional rule. Basically I took one of my advances and put it on an item instead of on my character. It has keen +2 to dmg. I'm hoping the invocation of Elbereth will do something for me here. Sublte magic of Middle-earth at work etc.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

DMG
Rolled 2d6+10 : 2, 5 + 10, total 17
swrd is 2d6+5+3str+2 keen

Stamina TN12
Rolled 2d6+3 : 3, 2 + 3, total 8
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: I have EVERY Lord of the Rings book in my lap today. I guess the phases of my brain have shifted again!  (-D I truly will try not to let Star Wars be hindered, as I am enjoying that game just as much, but LotR is back. I have been listening to my unabridged reading of the books between home and work everyday (an hour drive) and needless to say it has caused me to begin to generate new stuff.

Anyway, you guys knew this as the game is already moving, but still.

Now to business... Tom, I am fine with your bonus using the Power of Words, but the bonus will come to you via the use of a Courage point granting a +4 instead of a +3 on all tests needed in this exchange. You also grant a +2 to resist Intimidation while this encounter goes on. I will give you these bonuses due to your creativeness using poetry and the Elven language, but like it states in the book, it will be given out in moderation.

Let me know if you will spend the Courage to win the Stamina test.

I am opening a new thread for round 1 of our encounter.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: My earlier post did not include a power of words bonus. So I dont know what that will change. Since she failed to hit her target numbers do I still need to expend the courage to resist? If so I will. I dont want to fail on the first fight I instigated. =)
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc: Heroic Item is a special rule found in the CRB where it refers to minor bonuses conferred to weapons .. it gives Anduril as an example.  I don't recall it being an edge though, but it could be one we made up at some point, but don't recall.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

:ooc: When I talked to Doug about it, we used the optional rule and instead of using one of the edges on my character I expended it on his item instead.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Tom, yea, the effect that you are trying to defeat with your Stamina test is from touching the shard with your sword - it is completely separate from Mellawyn's failed magical attack.

Thanks, Matt, for reminding me where it was, and I remember the discussion long ago with Tom to give the picks to his sword.

As for Power of Words, Tom - that is just the official name of it in the book. When a PC uses some soliloquy, or calls on the names of the Powers, the GM may grant certain bonuses. The rules press on GM's to use this in moderation, but I like your creative input in the game adding Elvish and poetry, so I have no problem giving the bonus. Just don't epxect it EVERY time!  ;)

Anyway, yes, you will need to spend the Courage Point if you do not want to feel the effects of the shard. I have updated your PC sheet to reflect the game day's use.  :csu:

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]