• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:37 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Quiet

Started by tomcat, Jun 14, 2012, 12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Ginnar hoisted his axe out of the dark ichor that had once been the barghest's skull and now held it ready to strike any evil creature that showed itself... but all was quiet. The fog recessed and the dwarf saw no threats. Dirnhael atop his mount also looked left and right, but all four attackers had been slain. The other two that had charged them were far in the distance towards the broken keep, having run from the power of the Sindar.

The two scouts were in need of aid and so the Eldar dismounted to assist, all the while Celdrahil, Dirnhael and Fengel sat vigilant in their saddles. The short dwarf marched to stand before them all, his feet spread and axe ready. The field now clear, the approach to Eldanar would be easy.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

"If anyone was watching or listening, they know something has happened here," Dirnhael said.
"Let us be on our way quickly, then -- before they have the opportunity to further hinder our approach."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Telcontar

Celdrahil trotted over to where his spear lay embedded in the ground and retrieved it. He shook the clod of earth from it and brought it upright to his side once more.

He smiled at his companions, something that he rarely did, "Well I refrained from blowing my horn. I'm not usually as subtle as that when mounted going into combat. The knight spit upon the ground, "foul beasts summoned a vapor to hide themselves in, but shadow and dark did not avail them."

The mount of the Prince was still excited and pranced about anxious to move and run again. "We should not tarry here in the open. they may return in greater numbers and a sudden sally will not prove as effective against a sniping wolf pack. OUr bussiness is with the lord of the manor."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

"Anyone grievous in hurt?" queried Durgil as he adjusted a crude dress over his wounds.  "Guess I am a little rusty with a blade," he muttered.  "Better be more careful otherwise I won't return to the Lady upright and whole," he thinks.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Nolmir

Madoc did his best to hide his heavy breathing as he shook his head. "Only a few scrapes."

His muscles trembled slightly after the run-in with the foul beasts. Though the appearance of Eldrahil and the others had bolstered him, he still felt shaken. He sheathed his sword and trotted over to where he'd dropped his bow and picked it up, checking the weapon for damage.

The commoner remained silent as the others discussed what to do. He wasn't a fan of the idea of entering the castle, but he wasn't about to show it to Celdrahil.

tomcat

:ooc: Will update this story later today... after I sleep.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc:

Edrahil tends the wounds:
:00: TN 15 Healing (wounds) +9, spec +2, Healing hands +5
Durgil 2d6+16 : 2, 5 + 16, total 23

Madoc 2d6+16 : 6, 4 + 16, total 26

tomcat

:ooc: Both are successful

Durgil's healing was a Superior success so he is returned 6 +2 = 8 hit points (base health +2 for superior success) :csu:
Madoc's healing was an Extraordinary success so he is returned 9 +3 = 12 hit points (base health +3 for extraordinary success) :csu:

I WILL have a story update in about a half hour. I need to get my daughter down for her nap.

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, it has been a loooong half hour! My wife worked today and so the kids had me running. It will be a bit longer, but all games will be updated this evening.

Telcontar

:ooc: Celdrahil challenges the dark necromancer to single combat, chastises him for not feeding his hounds, and then slays him with Numenorean hutzbah. and....scene.

No worries Doug the longer it takes the better chance i have of writting code to "fix" the dice roller.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

With Edrahil's skilled, healing hands, the two men were feeling better after his administrations. Madoc's spirit seemed to lighten, as well, from the poultices of the Sindar. The man knew he could go on, though the very air seemed to wish to steal his breath.

The companions mounted their horses and with a prod of heel on hindquarter they began to move forward once more. The castle was before them, ominously quiet and now shadowed from the afternoon sun. It was as if the light of Anar resented touching the structure and Dirnhael wondered at what might have made the place so unclean. Scatha had squirmed his foulness across this land and that as sure to sour any field, but this was something more.

They approached Eldanar from its southern facing and all could see where the moat was and how the bridge had burnt away those many months ago. The eastern wall was tumbled and its stones made for a natural bridge over the mucky water. No horse would be able to make the crossing, and none seemed to have any desire to do so.

"Come," said Edrahil quietly. "Let us see who calls Eldanar their own now."

:ooc: Okay... we continue. Slowly but surely.

The moat to Eldanar is probably eight feet deep at its center. The water still fills it to the edges due to rainfall, but because it is not fed by springs or other moving sources, the water is fetid and filled with a slimy muck. The moat bridge is gone from the fires of Scatha but the broken stones of the east wall allow a crosing without having to enter the water.

I will require a series of three jumps TN 10 to make the crossing (I will give a +2 affiinity bonus for Acrobatics). If any are failed then the PC falls into the water and must either clambor out onto a stone, or swim to the shore. There is no ill effect save that they will now be covered in a terrible sheen of slime and stench that only a good bath will remove.

Once across, the castle can be entered either through the collapsed wall or if the PC's want to go to the bridge entrance. The inner bailey and other structures lie within.

Edrahil's jumps
:00: TN 10 Jump +2, Arobatics affinity +2, Lightfootedness +4
Roll(2d6)+8: 3,5,+8 Total:16
Roll(2d6)+8: 1,4,+8 Total:13
Roll(2d6)+8: 5,1,+8 Total:14

Fengel's jumps
:00: TN 10 Jump +2, Arobatics affinity +2
Roll(2d6)+4: 6,3,+4 Total:13
Roll(2d6)+4: 1,4,+4 Total:9 FAILED

Fengel goes into the water and grumbles his way to the other side, spitting and cursing.

sdrotar

Dirnhael's jumps
:00: TN 10 Jump +2, Acrobatics affinity +2
Rolled 2d6+4 : 1, 4 + 4, total 9

Rolled 2d6+4 : 1, 4 + 4, total 9

Rolled 2d6+4 : 5, 5 + 4, total 14

sdrotar

Dirnhael felt his toehold give on the loose stone as he tumbled into the filthy moat.
The Dunedain soldier clambered out of it as gentlemanly as possible, more than a bit embarrassed and uncomfortable.

He checked that he had not lost anything during his unfortunate swim and when he realized that he had not, he moved on, keenly aware that his newfound smell matched his mood precisely.

Nolmir

Madoc's jumps
:00: TN 10 Jump +2, Acrobatics affinity +2
Rolled 2d6+4 : 6, 6 + 4, total 16

Rolled 2d6+4 : 3, 4 + 4, total 11

Rolled 2d6+4 : 4, 2 + 4, total 10

Nolmir

Madoc crossed the fallen wall with a series of steps and hops. He almost lost his balance when he was nearly to the other side, but nonetheless, he made it through dry. He offered a sympathetic smile to the wet Fengel and Dirnhael.