• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:52 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ravine ambush - round 2

Started by tomcat, May 09, 2012, 07:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

May 09, 2012, 07:01 AM Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 07:04 AM by tomcat
Situation: An ambush of Bando Gora was set and sprung on the party over the rope bridge ravine.

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • none
  • none
BG sniper 0/32
BG grunt 1 - 0/47
BG grunt 2 - 0/47
BG soldier 1 - 0/59
BG soldier 2 - 0/59
   BIT - 21/75
Brim - 19/72 CT -1
Caden - 0/53
Farok 34/72 CT -2
Fett 36/87
Kaida - 35/55
Logar 41/72 CT -2

Consumption:

PCPrimary  |  Secondary  |  Weapon 3  |  Misc
BITsniper blaster rifle 6/30  |  hvy blaster pistol 0/200  |  jetpack 3/10
Brimlightsaber n/a  |  holdout blaster 0/12  |  frags 2/3
Cadenblaster carbine 2/50  |  hvy blaster pistol 5/200  |  frags 0/2
Faroklightsaber n/a  | 
Kaida*blaster carbine 7/150  |  lt repeat blaster 0/150  |  frags 0/3
Logar*blaster rifle 33/150  |  hvy blaster pistol 0/50  |  frags 1/8
Fett*blaster carbine 36/150  |  flamethrower 0/5  |  missiles 1/4  |  jet pack 2/10
*not all weapons listed
-amunition is either power packs (50 shots each), or energy cells (6 shots each) and are added together in your total - what is in the gun and the spare clips you have

Equipment:
Brim - hold-out blaster with 2 energy cells, lightsaber, 1 frag, 2 medpacs
Caden -  heavy blaster pistol with 3 spare power packs, hold-out blaster, 2 frag grenades, combat gloves, pocket scrambler, utility belt (3-day food supply, 3 medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), medical kit, all-temperature cloak, datapad, credit stick
Farok - lightsaber, baton, 2 medpacs, back pack, 2 blaster pistols
Kaida - blaster carbine, heavy blaster pistol, hold-out blaster with spare energy cell, light repeating blaster with 2 spare power packs, 3 frags, shadowsuit and helmet, 2 concealed holsters, all-temperature cloak (unless armor makes it useless), basic datapad, binder cuffs, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, 4 medpacs, mesh tape, pocket scrambler, 5 ration packs, 2 computer spikes (+2), security kit, credit chip
Logar - blaster rifle, DH-23 "Outback" blaster pistol, heavy blaster pistol, 8 frags, vibrobayonet 3 spare energy cells, modified clone trooper armor (+6 armor, +2 Fortitude, helmet package), field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 7 day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmosphere canisters, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak), 3 medpacs

Initiative:
BG Sniper (+12) 32
BG grunts (+7) 26
Kaida (+11) 23
Logar (+9) 21
Brim (+11) 18
BG soldiers (+10) 18
Fett (+11) 17
BIT (+12) 16
Caden (+3) 14
Farok (-1) 13

THIS NEW THREAD IS ONLY TO BE USED BY PC'S THAT ACTED IN THE PREVIOUS THREAD. SO, FAROK, LOGAR, KAIDA, CADEN ALL NEED TO GIVE ME SOMETHING FIRST IN THE PREVIOUS THREAD. THANKS.

I will update here once I have those above actions. Also, I have updated the current HP's to match what I have running down the last thread.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Finally up on the ledge, BIT whips out his heavy blaster pistol and takes fires on the sniper -- there's no time for the niceties of the rifle.  "Fett will have to fend for himself for the moment," BIT thinks.

Move) draw weapon
Standard) fire
Ranged Attack - Roll(1d20)+9: 11,+9 Total:20
Damage - Roll(3d8)+3: 7,6,3,+3 Total:19

:ooc:
Doug, could you update the pic? its an old one compared to the current situation.  If your upload doesn't match my understanding of what I read, I'll adjust as necessary.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

:ooc: Sorry Matt, here is the updated map. I am going to roll those Bando Gora actions that may occur before yours and then give the results of things. I need to help my son first with his spelling, so I will do it in a short bit.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

BIT saw the sniper laying prone before him and drew his blaster pistol, but not before the creature got off another shot. What was worse, the same roof hatch from where the first simian-like grunt came from and attacked Fett contained another of the vile creatures. It charged out and slammed into BIT as he directed his weapon.

:ooc: First, the poison in Logar attacks DC 19
Rolled 1d20+7 : 6 + 7, total 13

damage if successful 1d6+3 : 1 + 3, total 4

*will also be moved down 1 step on CT if successful

Bando Gora fires on Brim
SWIFT - Aim
SWIFT - Aim
STANDARD - fires on Brim
:00: DC 22 Ranged blowgun +10 (4d8+4) with Point Blank shot and Deadeye
Rolled 1d20+10 : 2 + 10, total 12

damage if successful 4d8+4 : 8, 1, 2, 7 + 4, total 22

Bando Gora grunt (1) slams Fett
STANDARD - attacks Fett
:00: DC 30 Melee unarmed +7 (2d6+4) with Rapid Strike
Rolled 1d20+7 : 1 + 7, total 8

damage if succesful 2d6+4 : 3, 1 + 4, total 8

Bando Gora grunt (2) slams BIT
MOVE - charge
STANDARD - charge attacks BIT
:00: DC 24 Melee unarmed +9 (2d6+5) with Hammerblow, Powerful Charge & Rapid Strike
Rolled 1d20+9 : 3 + 9, total 12

damage if succesful 2d6+5 : 5, 6 + 5, total 16

tomcat

:ooc: Well this round totally blew for the enemy!  ;D

I need Kaida's actions, but Logar and Brim will continue to MOVE x2

tomcat

The team continue to run. Brim made it to a set of stairs that led up the backside of a bunker-style buiding like the one across the ravine, save this one was a bit larger. The Rodian held both blaster and saber in either hand ready for any threat, which finally revealed itself as two large Bando Gora, dressed somewhat like their companions, but wearing terrible skull masks, rose up at the top of the structure. In their hands were long spear-like staffs that had green energy crackling at the ends. Brim felt an awful wave of nausea move through him and recognized the sensation as the dark-side of the Force.

:ooc: I will perform the Bando Gora soldier attacks later tonight.

Jingo

:ooc: sorry I've been here just wasn't getting reminders on the previous post. I think I unsubscribed from it accidentally. Anyway, I'll read up and post within the next three hours or so.

Jingo

Kaida heard Logar curse when the sniper shot hit him, she saw the action happening without her, blaster fired, her friends getting hurt. Ambushed! For the first time, she started to wonder if they'd make it off this rock alive. She shouted out her orders.

"Farok and Logar, help Brim! We need to secure that building now, use it for cover. Caden and I can provide covering fire for BIT and Fett for now. Let us know when it's clear. Go!"

She'd do better in a ranged fight anyway. That muscle bound thing looked too much like what they had seen on that asteroid and she had no desire to let one of those things get close. Confident she would be obeyed, she knelt, sighted in on the first enemy on the far side and fired.

:ooc: Swift: Activates Born Leader (everyone gets +1 to attacks if they're in my LOS).
Move: Moves towards Logar's current position then ducks behind nearest cover--boulder, ledge, small wall, whatever seems to be available.
Standard: Scans the far side of the ravine with her helmet optics and scope. Shoots at BS.
Single carbine shot 1d20+7 : 4 + 7, total 11

Damage if hits 3d8+3 : 2, 3, 8 + 3, total 16

Doug, any way to get coordinates on that map?

tomcat

May 11, 2012, 12:56 PM #8 Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:58 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Kaida's shot is short and impacts the face of the bunker. As to your question, Jingo... what do you need by coordinates? A alpha/numeric column/row identifiers, or just north south east west?

If the latter, always treat the top of the map as North, even though it might not fall in that direction on the overall world map.

I will post the Bando Gora soldier attacks in a few hours.

Matt - with the change in the situation with initiative order, do you want to keep your attack on the sniper the same?

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on May 11, 2012, 12:56 PM
:ooc: Kaida's shot is short and impacts the face of the bunker. As to your question, Jingo... what do you need by coordinates? A alpha/numeric column/row identifiers, or just north south east west?

:ooc: Alpha/numeric identifiers would be great! But if it's too much work for the encounter, don't worry about it. I can deal with compass directions if needed.

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:
No, i'll still fire on the sniper.  May change for the next round ;)
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

:ooc: Caden will try to get off the ledge ASAP and find some cover from the snipers. If he can see one, he'll fire on him - I'm assuming he can't see the soldiers that Brim does yet...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: Sorry for the delays... enemy attack may be completely negated if any part of their dice rolls fail

Bando Gora soldiers 1 & 2 act:
MOVE - Surge to attack Logar and Brim
:00: DC die result Use the Force +17
BG soldier 1 1d20+17 : 12 + 17, total 29

BG soldier 1 1d20+17 : 19 + 17, total 36

SWIFT - activate Battle strike
:00: DC die result Use the Force +17
BG soldier 1 1d20+17 : 20 + 17, total 37

BG soldier 1 1d20+17 : 17 + 17, total 34

Need to roll these results to see if I need to perform STANDARD actions and with what modifiers.

tomcat

Brim saw the dark shapes rise up and felt the darkside roil within the living Force. And then, the two figures moved with super-human speed and were suddenly before both Brim and Logar. The Bando Gora soldiers swung their evil looking weapons with a Force-aided evil intensity.

:ooc: Okay, the Bando Gora soldiers Surge forward to melee position successfully. They both also activate Battle Strike with the following benefits by soldier:

BG soldier 1 gets a +1 to attack and +3d6 damage
BG soldier 2 gets a +1 to attack and +3d6 damage
Both will spend a Force Point to increase damage by +2d6

STANDARD - attack Brim and Logar (REF listed respectively)
:00: DC 22 & 22 Melee force pike +10 (3d8+7) with both hands, Battle Strike +1 (+3d6), Force Point (+2d6)
BG soldier 1 1d20+11 : 2 + 11, total 13

BG soldier 2 1d20+11 : 7 + 11, total 18

BG soldier 1 - damage if successful 3d8+7 : 8, 4, 2 + 7, total 21

Rolled 5d6 : 2, 6, 1, 4, 5, total 18

BG soldier 2 - damage if successful 3d8+7 : 3, 3, 3 + 7, total 16

Rolled 5d6 : 3, 2, 2, 4, 4, total 15

tomcat

:ooc: Crap man! This dice roller has abandoned me on my attacks this round!

The BG soldier 2 will spend another FP to try and make this attack on Logar a success:
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5