• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:18 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Eldanar Revisited

Started by tomcat, Apr 19, 2012, 06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Even as the companions discussed their options, one of the hound's ears perked up at a sound and it looked in the general direction of where the men scurried. Its snout tipped up to the wind and it sniffed for something that might not be the norm. The barghest rose to its feet when it smelled the scent of living blood. The hounds head still back, it let out a baleful howl that reached far across the plain around Eldanar.

On the ridgeline and within close proximity to the castle, the companions all froze when they heard the cry. It sounded as if it were the tortured cry of an infant and it chilled the blood of both Men and Dwarf, and even the Sindar looked disturbed. Edrahil cried out, "The pack is moving! And behold, a fog rises from the waters of Eldanar and moves before the hounds!"
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Celdrahil heard the cry of the wolves and saw the growing mists. He was used to the eerie foulness of the dark enemy from all the time he spent as a Captain along the marches of Mordor, but it had been a long time. Having a clear and open foe before him the Dunedan became wroth with fell deeds filling his head. All the months of idleness felt like dead time upon his skills and he felt the urge to do battle, as if the sword itself whispered to him to enter the fray.

"They will be trapped in the open by these dogs! Come Ginnar, we have found something for your axe to nibble on."

With that the Dunedan loosed his blade Herth-hathol from its scabbard and couched his spear.

"ITHILIEN!"

With a leap the horse sprung forward to the aid of his comrades and as the wind began to tear through the mane of his horse and whistle in his chainmail the Prince of Ithilien laughed with the thundering hooves. Finally the knight was back in action against the dark arts of the eternal enemy of his people. The silver boss of his shield appeared as if it shown a silver light before him as he charged down the rim of the valley towards his isolated companions.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:
So much for stealth and guile  ;D

"Khazad-ai-menu!"  Ginnar's blood boiled through the fear that had momentarily chilled it.  "Hang in there laddies, we have your backs!"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on May 01, 2012, 03:12 PM:ooc: So much for stealth and guile  ;D

:ooc: Sorry man, I tried to give you guys the opportunity, but the dude that wrote up these hounds gave them some outrageous abilities. What I have up there is a dumbed down version.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

:ooc: I prefer a straight up fight to all this sneaking around! ( I was going to blow my War horn, but i didnt want the whole castle to know we were here. =))
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

:ooc:
No worries, on to making puppies into chow.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Nolmir

Madoc cursed and set an arrow to his bowstring. "I knew this was a bad idea!" he muttered, mostly to himself.

sdrotar

Quote from: Telcontar on May 01, 2012, 09:13 AM
With that the Dunedan loosed his blade Herth-hathol from its scabbard and couched his spear.

"ITHILIEN!"

With a leap the horse sprung forward to the aid of his comrades and as the wind began to tear through the mane of his horse and whistle in his chainmail the Prince of Ithilien laughed with the thundering hooves. Finally the knight was back in action against the dark arts of the eternal enemy of his people. The silver boss of his shield appeared as if it shown a silver light before him as he charged down the rim of the valley towards his isolated companions.

They were committed, then, Dirnhael thought, as he watched the Man and Dwarf break from their ranks and ride down the bowl towards the ruined castle.
He drew his sword and spurred his steed forward, looking to Edrahil and Fengel as he did.

"'Tis not the hounds that worry me. 'Tis the fog."

A grim look came across his face as they rode toward a certain battle, but an uncertain destiny.

LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun