• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 30, 2024, 11:09 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Last dash - round 2

Started by tomcat, Feb 29, 2012, 08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Feb 29, 2012, 08:23 PM Last Edit: Mar 07, 2012, 05:09 PM by tomcat
Situation: A garrison of Dugs (3) and Grans (8) bar the passage of a valley turn and must be engaged.

ALL Modifiers (situational, physical, weariness, wound conditions):

• All PC/NPC's will suffer a -5 penalty for firing into any melee, unless they are the ones in the melee or have the Precise Shot feat.
  • Moving through the lake on foot will reduce Movement by 2.
  • The attached map shows outlines of the lake and all firm terrain. A number indicates a tier level from the ground which is 1. A tier level is 6 feet and can be used for cover. Climbing a tier will need a Climb roll DC 10 + 2 for each tier level being climbed and cost 1 MOVEMENT, or it can be easily handled with a jetpack or Jedi Surge ability. The two level 5 tiers have access to them by either the step tiers on the first, or a graded slope up on the second.
Gran 1 - 28/32 CT -1
Gran 2 - 27/32 CT -1
Gran 3 - 29/32 CT -1
Gran 4 - 0/32
Gran 5 - 0/32
Gran 6 - 0/32
Gran 7 - 0/32
Gran 8 - 0/32
   Dug 1 - 20/32
Dug 3 - 0/32
Dug 4 - 11/32
  Sam - 35/78
Fett - 8/87
Logar - 18/72
Farok - 10/72
Brim - 1/72
Caden - 13/53

Consumption:

PCPrimary  |  Secondary  |  Weapon 3  |  Misc
BITsniper blaster rifle 4/30  |  hvy blaster pistol 0/200  |  jetpack 2/10
Brimlightsaber n/a  |  holdout blaster 0/12  |  frags 2/3
Cadenhvy blaster pistol 6/200  |  frags 0/2
Faroklightsaber n/a  | 
Kaida*blaster carbine 7/150  |  lt repeat blaster 0/150  |  frags 0/3
Logar*blaster rifle 30/150  |  hvy blaster pistol 0/50  |  frags 1/8
Samblaster pistol 0/150  |  slugthrower 40/150  |  frags 0/3
Fett*blaster carbine 32/150  |  flamethrower 0/5  |  missiles 1/4  |  jet pack 1/10
*not all weapons listed
-amunition is either power packs (50 shots each), or energy cells (6 shots each) and are added together in your total - what is in the gun and the spare clips you have

Equipment:
Brim - hold-out blaster with 2 energy cells, lightsaber, 1 frag, 2 medpacs
Caden -  heavy blaster pistol with 3 spare power packs, hold-out blaster, 2 frag grenades, combat gloves, pocket scrambler, utility belt (3-day food supply, 3 medpac, tool kit, power pack, energy cell, glow rod, comlink, liquid cable dispenser), medical kit, all-temperature cloak, datapad, credit stick
Farok - lightsaber, baton, 2 medpacs, back pack, 2 blaster pistols
Kaida - blaster carbine, heavy blaster pistol, hold-out blaster with spare energy cell, light repeating blaster with 2 spare power packs, 3 frags, shadowsuit and helmet, 2 concealed holsters, all-temperature cloak (unless armor makes it useless), basic datapad, binder cuffs, comlink, liquid cable dispenser, 4 medpacs, mesh tape, pocket scrambler, 5 ration packs, 2 computer spikes (+2), security kit, credit chip
Logar - blaster rifle, DH-23 "Outback" blaster pistol, heavy blaster pistol, 8 frags, vibrobayonet 3 spare energy cells, modified clone trooper armor (+6 armor, +2 Fortitude, helmet package), field kit (2 condensing canteens, sunshield roll, 7 day food supply, 24 filters, 12 atmosphere canisters, 2 glow rods, 2 breath masks, all-temperature cloak), 2 medpacs
Sam - blaster pistol with 2 spare power packs, slugthrower rifle with 2 spare rifle clips with Targeting scope, 3 frags, hip holster, Satchel shoulder, 2 medpacs

Initiative:
BIT (+12) 32
Gran (+11) 31
Kaida (+11) 30
Brim (+12) 30
Dug (+11) 28
Logar (+11) 26
Caden (+3) 16
Fett (+11) 15
Farok (+1) 15
Sam (+11) 16

On the distant planet of Kholma, Pugwis' message was relayed through the Bando Gora ranks until it came at last to the Shade. The dark-jedi sat in meditation when a large Bando Gora cheiftain disturbed him. The Shade listened to the once-human creature as it relayed all that had been transmitted. He stood, thinkng about what he had just heard.

They were drawing him out. They had to be. Fett had nearly killed him and his hatred for the bounty hunter burned hot within. The others that he had been hired to kill were all just a nuisance now, especially if they were seriously laying seige to one of their deathstick production facilities. His thoughts returned to the companions' intention. Yes, they were drawing him out.

The Shade had to do something. He looked to his lieutenant, "Tell those wretched Dugs to do no more. The original Fett that attacked them outmaneuvered Sebolto, easily. But that was because he never allowed his Bando Gora soldiers to enter the battle until Fett had already been through the distillate plant. No, we shall release the hounds now. Tell Pugwis that defense of his facility will now be handled by our ranks... and prepare my ship."

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

:ooc: Caden will continue firing from whatever cover he can find, preferably at targets that put their forward companions (Fett, BIT, Logar) at direct risk.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

:ooc:See my most recent post in round 1. I'll delay action if needed to get my frags or get Logar or someone who can shoot the guns on the bike with me. Then I'll zoom off.

Telcontar

:ooc: I'll be incomunicato for a couple days, Farok will hug the western edge of the map moving up the valley.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

In his new position, BIT sets up, aims, and shoots the gunner of the remaining turret looking down the valley.  He then stalks away to a new position on the hill.

:ooc:
Stealth - Roll(1d20)+12: 20,+12 Total:32  (climb check too?)
Ranged Combat - Roll(1d20)+12: 9,+12 Total:21
Damage - Roll(4d10)+4: 10,3,3,9,+4 Total:29
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Mar 04, 2012, 03:31 PM #5 Last Edit: Mar 04, 2012, 03:32 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Hey guys, I will update this round tomorrow. I took some cold medicine and I am really fuzzy right now.

Kaida can fire the weapons on the bike, she will just be at a -5. Let me know if that makes any change to the grab of grenades.

BIT hits the gunner for 29.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Jingo

ooc - 7-5 is +2. Not good for hitting entrenched ewebs. . . I better get some frags first methinks. I'll try shooting of course once I zoom off, you never know when you roll the 20 but on our dice roller--it's vegas odds.  ;D

Posterboy

Brim moved as quickly as he could through the valley, keeping his light saber low to the ground in an effort not to attract attention to himself. Noting the dug soldier ahead and to the left of his position, the rodian moved to engage.

:ooc:Feeling my way back into this... be patience with me. :)

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Jingo, going to go ahead and give the frags to your PC. The only thing I will cost her is her Standard action for this round, otherwise she can still fly the speeder in another 12.

Okay, the Grans and the Dugs go...

The Gran mercenaries saw another sniper blast come from the back end of the valley only to strike another of the E-web gunners. It was coming from a new position now, and they could not easily see where the sniper was, but they had the basic idea... and with the E-webs, that is all they needed.

On each of the weapons, the power regulators stepped up to take the position of gunner, while their wounded companion either moved for cover or to stand and watch over the weapons generator. Only two of the weapons were in a position to lay down fire on BIT's position, but they did it with a ferocity.

Around the sniper, heavy cannon fire began to tear up the embankment on which he lay. The other E-web began to look for any other targets that might be approaching. At the same time, the Dug soldiers found positions to take cover and then turned to fire on the approaching companions.

Behind the forward E-web, two more Grans ran into the fray. One took aim on Kaida as she zoomed over the lake, while he other hoisted a shoulder-fired rocket launcher and sighted in on the group that ran along the valley wall.

MOVE - Grans 1 and 4 switch places
MOVE - Grans 2 and 8 switch places
MOVE - Grans 3 and 7 switch places
MOVE - Grans 5 and 6 move to current location on map
MOVE - Dugs move to current location on map
STANDARD - Grans 4 and 7 autofire on BIT's position
:00: DC 10/24 Ranged E-web blaster +4 (3d12+3) with autofire and Point Blank Shot
Gran 4 1d20+4 : 5 + 4, total 9

damage if successful, 1/2 if failed 3d12+3 : 1, 5, 1 + 3, total 10

Gran 7 1d20+4 : 8 + 4, total 12

damage if successful, 1/2 if failed 3d12+3 : 6, 11, 11 + 3, total 31

STANDARD - Gran 5 fires rocket
:00: DC 10/by PC Ranged Missile launcher +9 (6d6+3 2sq radius) with Point Blank Shot
Rolled 1d20+9 : 13 + 9, total 22

damage if successful, 1/2 if failed 6d6+3 : 1, 5, 4, 6, 4, 6 + 3, total 29

STANDARD - Gran 6 fires carbine at Kaida
:00: DC 22 Ranged blaster carbine +10 (3d8+3)  with Point Blank Shot
Rolled 1d20+10 : 17 + 10, total 27

Rolled 3d8+3 : 3, 2, 6 + 3, total 14

Dugs have no LOS to any targets right now.

Red dot on map shows where the missile was targeted.

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, to sum up the enemy attacks:

Grans go before Kaida and Brim, so both are affected by the attacks before they can act. Dugs movement will be as shown on the map, but Brim and Kaida can make an attack on the prior position if they want.

Damages:

BIT is missed completely by Gran 4
BIT takes 15 damage from Gran 7, current 21/75
Rocket explosion affects a 2sq radius which includes Brim (Ref 23) and Farok (Ref 16); Brim takes no damage due to his Evasion talent, Farok takes 29 damage - current 39/72 CT -1
Kaida is hit for 14 damage - 14/55

Posterboy

:ooc: I'm cool with Brim attacking his dug at his new current position. Can he reach the dug this turn to make an attack? (8 squares to get to him, but is the terrain difficult?) Anyway, I'd like Brim to move to engage. Thanks!

tomcat

:ooc: Okay, Brim defers his move to the Dugs and attacks a dug in his new position.

I am going to have Kaida fire the cannon on her speeder bike, then perform the rest of the teams' moves and actions. I will also perform for Farok, as Tom has been really busy.

Brim moves to engage Dug 1
MOVE - 8 squares to new position on map (requires a DC 14 Climb roll)
:00: DC 14 Climb +4
Rolled 1d20+4 : 10 + 4, total 14

STANDARD -attacks with lightsaber (only eligible if Climb roll was successful)
:00: DC 17 Melee lightsaber +10 (2d8+2+3) with two hands
Rolled 1d20+10 : 4 + 10, total 14

damage if successful 2d8+5 : 2, 5 + 5, total 12

Kaida moves speeder forward and attacks
MOVE - 12 squares to new position on map
STANDARD - autofire cannon on speeder at Grans 2 and 8
:00: DC 10/16 Ranged speeder cannon -3 (3d8+3) with autofire
Rolled 1d20-3 : 20 - 3, total 17

damage if successful, 1/2 if not 4d10+3 : 6, 3, 9, 8 + 3, total 29

Logar see Gran 5 fire the rocket and attacks him, then moves
SWIFT - switch from autofire
STANDARD - Fires on Gran 5
:00: DC 16 Ranged blaster rifle +10 (3d8+3)
Rolled 1d20+10 : 1 + 10, total 11

damage if successful 3d8+3 : 7, 4, 7 + 3, total 21

MOVE - 6 squares to new position on map

Caden moves to cover and fires on Gran 4
MOVE - 6 squares to new position on map
STANDARD - fires on Gran 4
:00: DC 16 Ranged heavy blaster pistol +6 (4d8+4) with Point blank shot and Rapid Shot
Rolled 1d20+6 : 7 + 6, total 13

damage if successful 4d8+4 : 1, 7, 7, 4 + 4, total 23

Fett flies to a new position and fires on Gran 6
MOVE - fly 6 squares to new position on map
STANDARD - fires on Gran 6
:00: DC 16 Ranged blaster carbine +9 (4d8+6) with Point blank shot and Rapid shot
Rolled 1d20+9 : 20 + 9, total 29

damage if successful 4d8+6 : 4, 3, 8, 3 + 6, total 24

Farok double MOVES this round to new position on the map

Sam moves and engage Gran 1
MOVE - 6 squares to new position on map (requires a DC 12 Climb roll)
:00: DC 12 Climb +3
Rolled 1d20+3 : 7 + 3, total 10

STANDARD -attacks Gran 1 (only eligible if Climb roll was successful)
:00: DC 16 Ranged blaster pistol +10 (3d6+4) with Point blank shot
Rolled 1d20+10 : 3 + 10, total 13

damage if successful 3d6+4 : 5, 3, 1 + 4, total 13

tomcat

:ooc: Round results:

Brim climbs up but misses with saber
Kaida criticals on Gran 2 and 8 position does 58 damage on both, 85/32 and 58/32 (both are DEAD)
Logar misses
Caden misses
Fett criticals on Gran 6 and does 48 damage, 48/32 (DEAD)
Sam slips as he attempts to climb (will leave mark on map, as he will try again in round 3

The team moved quickly through the swamp trying to get to cover and firing positions.

Fett launched into the air only to perch a moment later atop one of the small islands in the lake. He pointed his blaster at one of the Grans on the forward E-web position and blew a hole in him. Down the lake, Kaida also fired using the speeder bike's heavy cannon. The accuracy was phenomenal and the destructive fire tore into the far end blaster position, including both Grans that manned it - neither rose again after the mud and smoke settled.

Jingo

:ooc: Sorry. I thought I lost my standard action waiting for the frags, that's why I didn't shoot or anything on my own this round. Glad you rolled a 20 for me!  ;D

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Jingo, no problem. I actually inferred that you had grabbed them from Logar in Round 1, but I guess I did a bad job at it.  ;)

Anyway, it looks like Kaida can be a real terror on the speeder!  ;D