• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 26, 2024, 03:32 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Battle - Round 2

Started by tomcat, Sep 08, 2005, 07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:arrow: OOC: I uploaded the new round of combat on the Home page. I just need the character rolls for this round.

The five riders will be 4 hours away as of this round which equates into 8 Battle rounds (or the riders will arrive at Eldanar during Round 10)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

Nain swings his shining axe at the oncoming orcs hewing them left and right standing next to Lunduf in the path of the horde the two dwarves cut a swath of destruction to make the Easterling take notice of the Dwarves that he had taken so lightly in the parley.

Action 1
1d3: 3
3d6: 2,6,2
hit on 1-4
2 Kills (5 total)

2d6/enemy: 6,2,2,5,5,3
2 hits
Damage
(2d6)-7=1+4-7=0
(2d6)-7=6+4-7=3
(4 total)

Action 2
1d3: 1
1d6: 4
1 Kill
(6 total)

2d6/enemy: 1,1
2 hits
(2d6)-7=3+3-7=0
(2d6)-7=2+5-7=0
(still 4 total)

Palandil

Fengel brings his horse up close to Dirnhael, "Perhaps the little welp has some sense to what he said.  We shall see, if at some point on our journey I see that my horse is getting tired Edrahil's horse is a good choice to bear him the rest of the way."

sdrotar

Sep 10, 2005, 11:07 PM #3 Last Edit: Sep 10, 2005, 11:11 PM by sdrotar
Quote from: Palandil on Sep 10, 2005, 05:24 AM
Fengel brings his horse up close to Dirnhael, "Perhaps the little welp has some sense to what he said.  We shall see, if at some point on our journey I see that my horse is getting tired Edrahil's horse is a good choice to bear him the rest of the way."

Dirnhael nodded. "As you see fit, my friend."
He looked southward, knowing deep within his heart that they were too late - his plan had failed.

"Our time draws short," he said to Fengel, his voice barely more than a whisper.
"Our friends and allies are in grave danger... and if they fall, then so too will our chances of ever returning to our lands again."

He thought of his stalwart companions; Lunduf and Nain, of Eradin and his brave Dunedain soldiers... and of fair Ioreth.
He had kept her from his thoughts during these weeks, but had not entirely succeeded in doing so.

A roiling wave of dark clouds had seemed to follow them all from the North, and the veiling shadow they cast upon the accursed land darkened Dirnhael's mind and it's thoughts.

He turned back towards his friends.
"We must quicken our pace! We stop only when we must -  ride as if the very Hosts of Angmar were at our heels!"

And for all Dirnhael knew, they may have been...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

This was enough to break Durgil from his withdrawn state.  With a yell to spur his steed forward, he bursts forward to the head of the charge, "For the Light against the Darkness! To Eldanar!"

Inspire - (6+1)+4+6 Courage=16 (either recover 2 Weariness Levels from the hard ride to get there [first choice] or +3 bonus to the Ride test [second choice])
Ride (Horse) - (6+1)+4+2=13
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Palandil

"Do not let the gloom of this land dishearten you.  You have much strength as well as stubborn friends.", remembering his friend Lunduf, "The dwarves will hold Eldanar until we can bring them aid."

Fengel knowing that he would give his life for Dirnhael, wondered if this might soon be required.

tomcat

Round 1
1 Orc attacks

Roll(3d6)+0: 1,3,4 - KILLED IT

Roll(2d6)+0: 1,3 - ORC HITS

Roll(2d6)-7: 1,3,-7 Total:0

Round 2
2 Orcs attack

Roll(3d6)+0: 5,5,4 - KILL ONE

Roll(4d6)+0: 6,1,1,1 - 3 HITS

Roll(2d6)-7: 4,6,-7 Total:3
Roll(2d6)-7: 5,4,-7 Total:2
Roll(2d6)-7: 4,5,-7 Total:2

Wow! 7 points of damage!
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]