• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 20, 2024, 03:57 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Battle Begins - Round 1

Started by tomcat, Sep 01, 2005, 08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorgAs the group gets ready to race back to Eldanar, Durgil felt that they could move faster than they have been.  "From what I've noticed, Edrahil, is that you ride much lighter upon your horse than Men do.  I mean this as no slight to you, Fengel or your steed, but I think we could make better time if Lord Camentir rode with our elf-friend instead."

Dirnhael chuckled loudly. Perhaps the young man was right, but just the same...

"A word to the wise," Dirnhael said to Durgil, "it is best not to suggest that an Eothraim - one of the Horse-lords - cannot decide how best to lade his steed. A slight you may not intend, but a slight you may deliver just the same."

Dirnhael clicked his heels to spur his horse to the front of the pack, smiling as he saw Fengel pull up beside the youthful noble...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Palandil

"Maybe I should get off and walk my old nag!  Huh, what say you my keen eyed freind!", Fengel barks at Durgil with a growing fury in his eyes. :evil:

:arrow: OOC: Are you trying to bait me sdrotar?  :wink:

tomcat

Quote from: TomcatDirnhael woke up feeling refreshed. He could see that it was still late at night and all of his comrades were fast asleep, save Edrahil. The Sindar sat quietly to himself staring off into the darkness - watching for any potential threats. He turned as he heard the Dunadan stir and gave the Man a smile.

For continuity's sake, this is how I led from the battle ongoing at Eldanar to the five companions that rode to retrieve Camentir. This is from just a few posts back.

The post gave a quiet conversation between Dirnhael and Edrahil in the late night hours (the same time that Eldanar's attack began) and it has now turned into you guys riding and Fengel being slighted by words. Can you guys bring this together for me in terms of... did Dirnhael and Edrahil stir everyone after the short rest to re-mount and continue south? If so, that is fine, I will bring it all together with the new thread I am going to be starting.

Let me know... thanks.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Sep 08, 2005, 08:53 AM #18 Last Edit: Sep 09, 2005, 05:28 AM by GandalfOfBorg
OOC: I meant for my statement to be made once we were roused, when we were roused is not Durgil's decision.

Durgil is shocked at the explosion from his comrade.  In a smaller voice he says, "Ah.. umm.. all I meant was riding at a full pace while injured and having to control your horse with more than one rider is taxing for any person and beast, even one such as yourself and horse.  Edrahil's horse runs as if he had no rider and if things prove ill, our lord shall have a quick exit from danger while we rally the retreat."

Durgil goes quiet and says no more.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Quote from: GandalfOfBorgOOC: I meant for my statement to be made once we were roused, when we were roused is not Durgil's decision.

OOC: Perfect... that's all I needed Matt, I will treat it as such.

The conversation did take a turn on you, didn't it? I am hoping that Palandil is just role-playing out Fengel's flaw of short-temperedness. :wink:
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: Palandil"Maybe I should get off and walk my old nag!  Huh, what say you my keen eyed freind!", Fengel barks at Durgil with a growing fury in his eyes. :evil:

:arrow: OOC: Are you trying to bait me sdrotar?  :wink:

:arrow: OOC: Nah. Encouraging a little role-play, that's all. Just trying to lighten the mood... LOL
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Palandil

QuoteI am hoping that Palandil is just role-playing out Fengel's flaw of short-temperedness.

:arrow: OOC: Definately just role-playing here.  GoB you know we all love you!
You know that Fengel has issues with pride too, so he's got a lot to deal with.  Maybe he should talk to Stuart Smalley?  "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog gone it people like me!" :)

Palandil

With a snort Fengel spurrs his horse on ahead.

tomcat

Roll(1d6)+0: 2,+0 Total:2 (1 orc runs up on Lunduf)

Roll(3d6)+0: 4,2,1 (or is slain)

Roll(2d6)+0: 3,4 (Orc misses Lunduf)