• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Apr 19, 2024, 12:35 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The oncoming storm

Started by tomcat, Aug 24, 2005, 07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stefan

Nain stands proudly in front of the easterling and listens to his proposal quietly.  When he has finished Nain gives his counter offer.

"Well Duroc, This castle was built by the hands of the men of Arnor.  It was stolen from them and with our help it has been reclaimed.  We intend to keep it.  Go back to your master and tell him that he'd better bring a larger force if he hopes to rally against this fortress now that the Dwarves of Erebor have come to defend it."

tomcat

:arrow: OOC: Hey Stefan, just so you know, I had to change your character's origination from his original chargen back when you first submitted him. This was due to the fact that in the time period that we are playing, the Dwarves had not yet settled in Erebor because Khazad-dum has not yet vacated.

So, I had made Nain a Dwarf from the Blue Mountains, one of Uri's folk. These Dwarves had settled around the region of the old ruins of Nogrod and Belegost - at least those that did not make for Khazad-dum to become part of Durin's folk. Anyway, that is why your character fit well into our story and its location, he is a craftsman from a small settlement of Dwarves from the west.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions or problems with this. If so, I will need to change your character racial attribute bonuses.

Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The Easterling commander made no visible expression from the Dwarf's comment merely shook his head in resignation. "Very well - brave but foolish..."

And with no other word, the Dwarves watched as the Man turned his horse and rode back towards his ranks. It would be war, and Nain and Lûnduf also turned to run back to their own though both were not certain that they would see through the night.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]