RPG.avioc.org

Reading Room - Archived Games (data may be deleted) => Welcome to the 501st! [Star Wars SE] => Topic started by: tomcat on Mar 18, 2015, 08:41 am

Title: Shadows
Post by: tomcat on Mar 18, 2015, 08:41 am
The team moved quickly to the bulkhead where an environmental door led into a stairwell that went up. Behind, the tweets and whistles of the mech-droid could be heard due to its inability to follow. Mitts led the entourage in, his blaster up and ready, while Haywire guarded the team's six and tried to calm the droid down. He ordered it to stay networked in with the ship's core and keep him updated through his bracer computer. With an agitated series of tweets and whistles, the mech-droid turned on its three legs and rolled back to the network panel where it had been linked before.

Mitts started up the stairs with Martel behind him, Longshot, Hammer and Haywire in tow. They crested the first series of switchback stairs and came to a platform - the stairs continued up. An access door was there too, environmentally sealed, but could be opened. The team new it led to the next deck, which was one of the cargo hold decks.
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: Stefan on Mar 19, 2015, 10:27 am
 :ooc:Being the GM you can certainly choose to have us in any order you like, but having the Medic lead us into anyplace other than a bar is bad mojo.  He's the one of us that we really can't do without, Haywire being a close second. No offense to Martel or Longshot, but between those two and Hammer, we have fire power and command double covered. Medical and Hacking, not so much.

"Haywire, can the droid open this up for us?" 
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: tomcat on Mar 23, 2015, 08:19 am
The tech made a quick inquiry and nodded to his CO, "Yes, sir! It will only take a minute."

Haywire was sure Hammer wasn't just making an inquiry, but he waited to ascertain that this was an order.
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: sdrotar on Mar 30, 2015, 08:01 am
Longshot kept his rifle up, scanning their surroundings through his scope; he had no desire for any more surprises on this mission.
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: Stefan on Mar 30, 2015, 12:40 pm
Hammer glanced at Longshot to make sure he was ready then readied his own weapon for trouble as he gave the nod to Haywire.

"Make it happen."
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: GandalfOfBorg on Mar 31, 2015, 04:06 am
"A minute?" thought Martel.  "Too much can happen in that amount of time."  Taking a moment, he caught his breath and calmed himself in the Force.

:ooc:  :00: Use the Force (http://rpg.avioc.org/boards/Themes/default/images/dice_warn.gif) This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+12 : 7 + 12, total 19
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: tomcat on Apr 01, 2015, 02:35 pm
:ooc: I am assuming you are using the Force to open this door, Matt? Either way, the 'minute' was just a figure of speech. It'll take as long as it takes a mechdroid to spin that little interface tool.  ;D




The door began to move under the manipulations of the Force by Martell, but then the commands were issued by the mechdroid and the door opened with a hiss. A small puff of air was suddenly visible as the door unsealed for the chamber beyond was pressurized differently - though it was habitable.

Through the aperture was darkness and shadow. Hammer peered deeper in and saw the massive cargo bay of the Action VI. It was three decks in height and had bins of varying sizes stacked on top of one another  or suspended by repulsorlifts. There were only a couple emergency lights lit throughout causing long shadows to stretch in all directions. Central to the chamber was the long pipe-like shaft of the ship's personnel elevator.
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: GandalfOfBorg on Apr 02, 2015, 04:33 am
 :ooc:Sorry, meant to just to stretch out senses to monitor location of darksiders.
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: Stefan on Apr 02, 2015, 04:35 am
 :ooc:The personnel elevator, is that the same elevator that Martel pushed back up the shaft just a few moments ago?I thought that was a freight elevator that the baddies were riding.
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: tomcat on Apr 05, 2015, 06:51 pm
:ooc: Hey Stefan, you are correct - there is the freight elevator that Matt's character shoved back up into the hold, but what you guys also see is the personnel lift that goes up a shaft through the three-levels of cargo hold. I can show you on the ship schematic if you need a visual.
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: Stefan on Apr 07, 2015, 05:24 am
 :ooc:Nah, as long as it's not the same one I'm good.

Hammer steps through the doorway first looking around and moving his rifle from left to right as he does.

Then he steps back into the stairwell and speaks to Martel.

"Sir, There is an elevator just ahead of us.  I think the speed of getting to the higher decks might be worth the risk.  Do you think we should go that way or continue up the stairs?"

:ooc:modified post based on the follow up GM post.

Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: tomcat on Apr 07, 2015, 01:06 pm
:ooc: Just so you know, the stairwell you are on does continue up - you are at the first landing (one deck above where you guys were before).
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: GandalfOfBorg on Apr 09, 2015, 04:03 am
Martel nodded. "Go."
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: Stefan on Apr 09, 2015, 07:09 am
Hammer turned back to Haywire and Mitts and sent each of them to the elevator in turn followed by Martel then he went over himself.


"Lets head up."
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: tomcat on Apr 16, 2015, 11:28 am
The two Clone Troopers moved out into the shadows, their helmet low-light visors activating automatically in the shadowed hull. Around them and above them were stacked the many cargo crates that the Action VI was hauling. The incessant drone of repulsor systems and maglocks filled the massive chamber, as they held the crates in place within the three-deck high expanse. Lights flickered and the shadows warped and changed as the men made their way from the stairwell to the tall, thin man-lift at the far-end of the bay.




:ooc: Need Perception DC 24 tests from each PC
DC 24 Perception +12/+11, equip mod +2
Longshot :00: 1d20+14 : 5 + 14, total 19

Martel :00: 1d20+13 : 16 + 13, total 29

Haywire :00: 1d20+13 : 19 + 13, total 32

Mitts :00: 1d20+14 : 9 + 14, total 23

Hammer :00: 1d20+13 : 4 + 13, total 17
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: tomcat on Apr 16, 2015, 12:28 pm
The remainder of the team followed after the troopers that led the way through the maze of cargo towards the shining tube of the man-lift.

Martel saw the shape moving along the top of one of the stacks of crates that hung suspended by maglocks. He made to yell, but was not in time as the shadow hurled itself at Mitts. The corpsman went down and was now involved in a physical melee. In front of the attack and to the left, Haywire, too, was ambushed though the explosives-tech was faster on his feet and evaded the bull rush charge.

Seeing two of his men attacked, Hammer began to scan around to see if there were any other shapes, but none were yet visible.




:ooc: Both of these characters are now NPC's (their players are gone) so I am going to roll out this first round of combat here. I will start a round 2 post after you all get a chance to post any dialogue/narrative that you want.

The Bando Gora both get the first attack in this round, but Mitt's is considered surprised and flat-footed

BG4 attacks Mitts
Swift - Use the Force [Dark Rage]
Roll(1d20)+17: 8,+17 Total:25
Gains a +6 to melee attack and damage; spends a Force point to maintain for the encounter
Standard
DC 23 Melee force pike +10 (3d8+7) with both hands; mod +6
:00: 1d20+16 : 16 + 16, total 32

:dmg: 3d8+13 : 5, 6, 7 + 13, total 31


BG5 attacks Haywire
Swift - Use the Force [Dark Rage]
Roll(1d20)+17: 1,+17 Total:18
Gains a +2 to melee attack and damage; spends a Force point to maintain for the encounter

Standard
DC 27 Melee force pike +10 (3d8+7) with both hands; mod +2
:00: 1d20+12 : 18 + 12, total 30

:dmg: 3d8+9 : 1, 5, 7 + 9, total 22






Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: tomcat on Apr 16, 2015, 12:38 pm
The attacks were brutal, even to the demo-tech who saw the Bando Gora coming. Mitts was knocked to the ground by the long force pike held in the shadow's hands - the sound of his armor cracking as it speared his chest. Haywire, too, was slammed but he recovered enough to put a point-blank shot into his attacker's form.




Haywire fires on BG5
STANDARD
DC 19 Ranged assault blaster rifle* +11 (3d8+5) with Point Blank Shot
:00: 1d20+11 : 13 + 11, total 24

:dmg: 3d8+5 : 3, 3, 3 + 5, total 14


MOVE at half distance to safely withdraw and put distance between melee
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: tomcat on Apr 16, 2015, 12:41 pm
 :ooc: End results

Mitts takes 31 damage - 2(DR) = 29/80, CT -1

Haywire takes 22 damage - 2(DR) = 20/81

BG5 takes 14/59
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: GandalfOfBorg on Apr 16, 2015, 01:27 pm
Martel moves to intercept the enemy pinning Mitts.  He reaches out to the Force to somehow harm this dark creature.

:ooc:  :00: Use the Force (Sever Force) -
Rolled 1d20+12 : 20 + 12, total 32
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: Stefan on Apr 17, 2015, 11:59 am
"Longshot, we've got company"

Hammer quickly turned his weapon on the one that attacked Mitts, braced and fired on it.
:ooc:assuming I can do both. If not I'll just brace and prepare for next round.

DC - ?? Ranged heavy assault blaster rifle* +10 (5d10+8) with Burst Fire and braced and Point Blank Shot
:00: 1d20+10 : 16 + 10, total 26

:dmg: 5d10+8 : 3, 3, 2, 2, 2 + 8, total 20
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: tomcat on Apr 26, 2015, 11:53 am
:ooc: Game update: waiting on Shawn's and disench4nted's posts.

This is just an update to remind me where I am with our three games - not a snipe at any players, nor a rush to get you to actions.
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: disench4nted on Apr 26, 2015, 03:13 pm
Haywire cursed under his breath as his attacker's weapon seared the skin on his arm through his armor. He landed a quick reflex shot and dove backwards so let the rest of his squad get a clear shot.
Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: sdrotar on Apr 28, 2015, 12:34 pm
Quote from: Stefan on Apr 17, 2015, 11:59 am
"Longshot, we've got company"


"What else is new," Longshot quipped. Seeing Martel and Hammer focused on Mitts' attacker, Longshot brought his rifle to bear on Haywire's.

:00:
Rolled 1d20+10 : 6 + 10, total 16


:dmg:
Rolled 3d8+7 : 2, 8, 8 + 7, total 25


Title: Re: Shadows
Post by: tomcat on May 03, 2015, 09:08 am
:ooc: Results of team's attacks:

Martel causes a break in the Force for BG4 for 10 hours, which it cannot spend a FP and will go down -1 on CT for each power used in the time period

Sorry - I did not explain this round well, but I am allowing you to keep them for round 2, but Hammer and Longshot did not make the needed Perception check above to make an attack in this surprise round. Only Haywire and Martel were successful, and thus their reactions are valid for this round.

I will allow the rolls made for Hammer and Longshot to count for round 2, or you may re-do your actions.