• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:59 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Access tunnel encouter - round 3

Started by tomcat, Feb 24, 2011, 09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

watanabe

:ooc: ouch on the force point roll.

donimator

Quote from: watanabe on Feb 25, 2011, 06:26 AM
:ooc: ouch on the force point roll.
:ooc: Very little I could have done to make that much worse

But...Doug, I forgot Sam's Improved Sensors give him low-light vision. Remvoing that penalty makes his fantastic roll total 12, +1 for the 'farce' point roll for a total of 13 ...  #:S or  :'( ?

tomcat

:ooc: First I apologize, I meant to post again last night but ended watching TV with the wife - and oh what a waste of two hours that I will never get back!

Second, let me do some responses here and then I will carry out the last actions of the round and bring up the next...

Tom - Britton actually has two war swords, just so you know. And yes, you did everything right except that Britton does not have Quick Draw and so cannot ready a weapon with a Swift action. It will require a Move action to holster/unholster a weapon (see page 153 of the CRB). Still, you did it right. Britton can draw a sword with a move action, then trade his standard for a Move action and go into the next room. He would not be able to attack until next round. I will update the map for you based on your post.

As for light from a lightsaber, I am not sure... maybe Nick has a better answer, but what i will say is it will light a 1-square radius around the wielder (including the one he is in of course).

Jared is right with his breakdown of action allowances, but just read on how the actions can be spent.

Nick, I will perform your actions at the end of this post.

Don... yes, Sam does have Low-light vision and is not affected by the darkness; he is not affected by the smell; and he made a bummer roll with a Force Point! Unfortunately no Kaida bonus this round due to her acting after you in int order (even though her post was first  ;) ), so your 2+9+1 = only 12 and they have a 13 reflex... so he missed. Sorry.  :(

I will update Sam's position on the map. Very prescient on the Force Point dice roll though!  ;)

I think that was everything...

Kara
Move action
- to stand next to Logar
Standard action - shoots at M3
DC 13 Ranged +7, Darkness -2
-------------------------
Kara fires at M3:  1d20+5 : 14 + 5, total 19

Damage if successful:  3d6+6 : 3, 3, 2 + 6, total 14

I will post for the mutants in a new thread after I see Kara's results.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: She succeeds at hitting, but the damage is less than the threshold and so the M3 creature is reduced to 0 hit points and is unconscious (helpless).

Mutants go... (because they were disturbed, some did not pick up their weapons)

Mutants 7 and 8 hear the scuffle and blaster fire, pick up their clubs (Standard) and move to the room.

Mutant 6 becomes enraged from being attacked (Swift), picks up club (Move), and attacks Brim (Standard)
DC 21 Melee +12
club attack on Brim:  1d20+12 : 7 + 12, total 19

damage if successful:  1d8+11 : 6 + 11, total 17

Mutant 5 moves to Sam and slam attacks
DC 23 Melee +12
slam attack on Brim:  1d20+12 : 8 + 12, total 20

damage if successful:  1d4+11 : 2 + 11, total 13

Mutant 4 moves to Britton and slam attacks
DC 23 Melee +12
slam attack on Brim:  1d20+12 : 5 + 12, total 17

damage if successful:  1d4+11 : 4 + 11, total 15

Mutant 3 lays on the floor unconscious
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Cool! No one was harmed! Let's see how this continues.