• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 02:07 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

To find Camentir

Started by tomcat, Jul 12, 2005, 08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

CRB is my quick and easy for the Core Rule Book - so what all of this means is, each test you make will be TN 10 minus any penalties that you currently suffer.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

OOC: Ok, I only need a 4 but with that many rolls I'll just stick with the 8 hour days.

tomcat

The following is the summary of all the rolls:

Five Riders:

Dirnhael is -1 Winded from travel*
Daelhun is -1 Winded from travel*
Durgil is -4 Weary from travel*
Edrahil is -1 Winded from travel*
Fengel is -1 Winded from travel*

Due to Durgil's disastrous failure (per my Overland Travel House Rule) the riders will need to stop for him or leave him behind - if you stop, you guys will only cover 10 miles today (this night).

*Remember to reduce your other rolls by your Weariness penalty when you have any kind of penalty.

No penalties from the Survival test, Daelhun was successful in finding a suitable place to camp (when you do) for a restful night.

Lastly, your total score for the Stealth rolls was 54 which is a FAILURE as shown on the new Table given under the House Rules thread.

The results of all of this will be given in the upcoming thread. I will wait to see if the last person to roll their Stealth roll (Matt) would like to use a Courage Point to evade this result... he is the only one that may as said in the new House Rule.

At the Keep...

Nain will be done with his efforts in a total of 6 Days, if he has that much time.

Also, I have uploaded the Central map with a new set of lines on it (red and blue) out of Eldanar. The Red line shows the riders progress per day, and the Blue shows the wagon drawing Camentir north. The wagon makes about 12 to 13 miles in a day due to the rough nature of Angmars roads, the disconcern of threat of the drivers, and winter time.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

OOC: Well, we can't leave Durgil - it wouldn't be safe for him and we'll undoubtedly need him in the coming battle...

"We must stop and gather our strength, my friends," Dirnhael said.
"Though haste is needed, we will do no good for our companions if we face the Angmarim unprepared. We will make camp and set out at first light."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Would you allow for Inspire tests like you used to?
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

GandalfOfBorg

Durgil knew his friend was referring to him specifically as for the last few hours his progress was slow -- too slow to them any good.  This brought him down even further than he was before.  Fortunately, the others stayed away as he didn't want to be near them in this mood.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Quote from: GandalfOfBorgOOC: Would you allow for Inspire tests like you used to?

By all means yes Matt, will it put you over the top for at least a Failure of 10 or less?

EDIT: I am going to go ahead and assume that Matt/Durgil would want to spend a Courage to boost the total Stealth score of the riders to 57 to avoid an encounter.

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Doh! ya, I missed that.  Yes it would, but I don't believe I can affect myself with an Inspire test, only others.
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Due to the difficulty of PbP and waiting for others to roll an Inspire, I allow you to roll an inspire and if successful to affect yourself.

This only applies in situations like this. If I demand an Inspire from a single person, than this won't be the case. I will let you guys know...

Lunduf

Uses all of his knowledge of fortifying for setting up the defence of the keep
Extended Seigecraft (fortification) TN 100
Seigecraft(fortification) = 3(5)+1 affin =+6
Roll(2d6)+6: 1,4,+6 Total:11
Roll(2d6)+6: 6,3,+6 Total:15 (26)
Roll(2d6)+6: 4,2,+6 Total:12 (38)
Roll(2d6)+6: 1,1,+6 Total:8  (46)
Roll(2d6)+6: 2,3,+6 Total:11 (57)
Roll(2d6)+6: 5,5,+6 Total:16  (73)
Roll(2d6)+6: 3,2,+6 Total:11 (84)
Roll(2d6)+6: 5,3,+6 Total:14 (98)
Roll(2d6)+6: 3,3,+6 Total:12 (110)

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Come on, dice, don't fail me now....

Inspire - (6+4)+4=14
Gwaithlim Weapons