• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 08:08 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

EPILOGUE - The Aegis

Started by tomcat, Jan 19, 2011, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Quote from: watanabe on Feb 03, 2011, 05:09 PM
:ooc: Thanks, its a fun game, and I'm trying to put more effort into all of my games and characters this year.  I'm shooting for an all around enjoyable experience for all.  Also if anyone thinks Kara is a bit of a jerk, I'm sorry, just trying to make her a cocky female Corellian.

:ooc: Yup. I have to agree, Kara's got a fun role-playing personality! Keep it up! Same to Caden, and Logar Dan, and the rest! It's a crazy-fun mix. And of course especially a nice job for Tomcat: you're a fantastic writer; I really enjoy the way you weave a story.

Telcontar

Britton was still stuffing his mouth watching as the exchange went on around him, food dribbling out of his mouth, "WHOA Cap your putting him in with me? Dont you think thats putting to much firepower in one room? That's gonna cut into my exercise space." Britton looked at the new guy, "You got gun cleaning stuff in that bag? My stuff is garbage." Looking back to his food ignoring what he is wearing on his face he goes back to eating.

A moment later he looks up,
"Wait, did you say you had grenades?"

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

watanabe

:ooc: Does Kara have time to confront Kaida, its what she would do after the whole bounty hunter thing.  ;D

Jingo

:ooc: I'd say you have time. Sounds like a multi-day journey to me and we're all in cramped quarters so even though she's being introverted at the moment, you can still give it a shot.

Callowmoryne

Logar's winning smile found it's way to his face. Kara was a firecracker, he liked her. "I'm Logar, I'm no thief, I'll only be drinking your booze when you invite me for a drink" His luggage in hand he headed for the bunk he'd be sharing with Britton, calling over his shoulder. "your welcome to use my cleaning gear and whatever else I got, but I'll thank you too keep your greasy paws off my gun and my grenades."

watanabe

Kara watched the new one, Logar walk past and head towards a bunk.  She'd have to make sure she locked her stuff up safe, she never trusted new people, which reminded her, she had to talk with Kaida.

Kara went to Kaida and leaned in close and whispered.

"We need to talk, someone came looking for you, and we need to know why."  She looked around the ship.  "Maybe somewhere private, like the engine room."

Jingo

Kaida looked at her quizzically a moment, wondering how much she knew and how much was safe to tell her. Then she nodded and followed Kara to the engine room. She leaned against the bulkhead and folded her arms. "Who's the 'someone'? Was he handsome?" She gave a tight smile.

tomcat

:ooc: Even though I have started the new thread, please keep this dialogue going.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

Logar'Dan found his bunk easy enough and began unpacking his things, stowing his feild kit and various sundries in whatever storage is available. He pulled his blaster rifle from the duffel and dissasembled it on his bed, cleaning each part masticulously. After its reasembling and setting it aside he reached again into the darkness of his duffel bag. With a care undo to such a common weapon, he pulled the vibroknife/bayonet he lovingly referred to as Katherine from her dark slumber. Checking her draw speed from the well oiled sheath he clipped it to his belt. "Time to wake up my love, Ive found us some work. "

tomcat

:ooc: This guy sounds a bit sinister, John, having a formal conversation with a bayonet.  ;)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Callowmoryne

:ooc:he's spent alot of time alone buddy :) I'm gonna play him like a killer who develops a conscience in the time since the war ended, he's realized he likes to kill and is looking for a better reason to do it other than credits. So he will latch onto any decent cause at this point to justify his homicidal tendencies

watanabe

Quote from: Jingo on Feb 04, 2011, 01:54 PM
Kaida looked at her quizzically a moment, wondering how much she knew and how much was safe to tell her. Then she nodded and followed Kara to the engine room. She leaned against the bulkhead and folded her arms. "Who's the 'someone'? Was he handsome?" She gave a tight smile.

"When I came back to the ship there was a bounty hunter who came for you, he wanted me to let him on the ship in the middle of the night and he was going to walk off with you.  He offered me a few thousand credits, so I imagine the bounty on you has to be at least ten times that.  Now my question is, why would someone want to pay that much to catch a rich noble?  Did you run off with daddy's money, or is there something more sinister in your past."
  Kara was pacing and stopped and looked at Kaida.  "Now you lucked out with this crew, I wasn't about to sell you off and the captain wouldn't sell you off either, but you need to tell us what is going on so we can be ready.  You saw we just brought another new face on the ship today, and who knows what this person could be capable of."

:ooc:

Kara was trying to be a bit deceptive, and thus I'll make a deception roll.
Deception = 5+d20

=
Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3

tomcat

:ooc: Jingo, make sure you reply here... I really want this character narrative/interaction to be in the story.

Jingo

Quote from: watanabe on Feb 05, 2011, 04:33 PM

"When I came back to the ship there was a bounty hunter who came for you, he wanted me to let him on the ship in the middle of the night and he was going to walk off with you.  He offered me a few thousand credits, so I imagine the bounty on you has to be at least ten times that.  Now my question is, why would someone want to pay that much to catch a rich noble?  Did you run off with daddy's money, or is there something more sinister in your past."
  Kara was pacing and stopped and looked at Kaida.  "Now you lucked out with this crew, I wasn't about to sell you off and the captain wouldn't sell you off either, but you need to tell us what is going on so we can be ready.  You saw we just brought another new face on the ship today, and who knows what this person could be capable of."

"Run off with my daddy's mon--? "She stalked off a few steps and rounded on Kara, hands on hips. "Why, you--!" Anger and hurt, bottled up for days now, flared inside of her, but she was too disciplined to give way to shouting or ranting. Her voice cut in a low fierce whisper. "So, somehow I'm the one you thought everyone should worry about?" She scoffed and shook her head. "For your information, we were the ones who got the assignment from Organa. You should have seen his face when he found out there was one of our number awol doing the galaxy only knows what! Why am I here? Because the Empire, that bastion of noble goodness, out there," her voice dripped sarcasm, "murdered my father, murdered my brother and for all I know sold the rest of my family into some cesspool of slavery because we had the guts to make a stand for freedom! I'm trying to find what's left of them and some sanity in this galaxy! That's--" she stabbed a finger at Kara's chest--"why I'm here!" And she turned and began walking out of the engine room.

tomcat

Feb 07, 2011, 07:00 AM #59 Last Edit: Feb 07, 2011, 07:39 AM by tomcat
:ooc: Very nice! Cat fight!  ;D

I can say that I really like Kara. Such a hard character type to run - well for me at least.  To be needed, but not necessarily liked or trusted... that is hard to roleplay. I always came off as a dick, or being too bad. Nice work guys. This is an enjoyable mix of characters.