• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 03:47 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Docking bay encounter - round 4

Started by tomcat, Jan 01, 2011, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jingo

Quote from: tomcat on Jan 03, 2011, 11:22 AM
:ooc: Your DEX roll was a reaction, Brian, so you still have all of your actions for this round.

:ooc: Wouldn't the darksider just roll an attack against the REF defense to hit? That way chars wouldn't have to roll anything. Just curious.

Btw, how long is Gregg going to be away on his church mission?

sdrotar

DEX Check (DC 12):
Roll(1d20)+2: 4,+2 Total:6 - FAIL

:ooc: Oh, crap. Assuming I understand the rules correctly, I can use one Force Point, and only one, to try and make this roll, right? Which means I have to hit a six on a 1D6 roll to avoid becoming landspeeder pizza?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

:ooc: Yea, Shawn, unfortunately in SW you can only use one - not like in CODA.

I am including two rolls - one for your Force Point, and the other for damage... you may take them or roll your own, but you can't accept mine if you choose to roll your own.  ;)

Rolled 1d6 : 6, total 6

Rolled 3d8 : 4, 1, 4, total 9

Also, like Brim, you have all of your actions still once you make the roll.

And to Jingo, I thought about a roll against their Reflex defense but it was never an intended attack from Shade - more that the two PC's were in the direct line of the blown out door. So, they must test themselves to get out of the way. I did read the attributes section of the SW CRB, and there is nothing in there about testing an Attribute (unlike in CODA and most other games I play), but I went with it anyway.

Back to Shawn, give me your rolls here and I will finish this round

To Don, a Nat 20 is an auto hit -and- it does double damage, so Fett takes 26. He is moved down the Condition Track to -1 (I am using a younger version of BF off of the Wizards of the Coast forums site, then the one in the CRB).

Lastly, let me know if I have your PC positioned where you intended. I will correct the map if need be.

Shade attempts to Deflect Brim
DC 23 Use the Force +15, Unaware of the attack -5*, MAP -5
*I am only penalizing Shade for this in this round due to him just walking into a firefight and having attackers all around, so do not expect it in the next

-------------------------
Rolled 1d20+5 : 3 + 5, total 8

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: LOL! Keeping it, Shawn?  ;D

If not, I will return the FP on your PC sheet.  :csu:

And Shade takes a blaster hit from Brim for 7 damage  :csu:, and I updated Boba's character sheet too  :csu:
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

ZehnWaters

:ooc: It'll be two years, when I leave, but it got bumped to (roughly) the end of February.  Sorry, I meant to say something earlier to you, Tomcat.

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Jan 04, 2011, 04:42 PM
:ooc: LOL! Keeping it, Shawn?  ;D

:ooc: Hmm. Let me think about that for a momentYES! (-D

Caden heard the door whiz by his body and crunch into the speeder with a ear-splitting groan of metal. His eyes wide, he had to compose himself for a moment - it was inches from where he had stood.

He scrambled for what cover he could find behind the speeder's wreckage and started to fire at the flashing red saber.

:arrow: Action 1 - Move to nearest Cover behind wrecked speeder.

:arrow: Action 2 - Fire at Shade: Blaster pistol +5, Weapon focus +1 Kaida's bonus +1 = Total +7
Roll(1d20)+7:15,+7 Total:22

Damage if successful:
Roll(3d8)+3:1,6,7,+3 Total:17
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Caden moved into a new position and then fired on the darksider - unfortunately, the shot was off and missed.

Jingo

Quote from: ZehnWaters on Jan 04, 2011, 05:01 PM
:ooc: It'll be two years, when I leave, but it got bumped to (roughly) the end of February.  Sorry, I meant to say something earlier to you, Tomcat.

:ooc: Well, good for you! I served a 2 year mission for my church (LDS) many years ago. It was an incredible experience! Much luck.