• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 07:03 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Prologue: An inn and a drink... [original story]

Started by tomcat, Dec 14, 2010, 09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titsfortatts

Apr 20, 2011, 12:58 PM #90 Last Edit: Apr 20, 2011, 01:00 PM by tomcat
:ooc: POW Right in the kisser

tomcat

:ooc: Sorry for the delay, guys! I SUCK!

Okay, R4 attempts to Dodge Strongwind's attacks:
:00: Dodge 55%
arrow 1 1d100 : 26, total 26

arrow 2 1d100 : 65, total 65

Okay, R5 attempts to Parry Sho's attacks:
:00: Parry 65%
Parry 1d100 : 16, total 16
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: R4 takes 15 (17-2 armor) damage from Strongwind and is now Dazed -10%, Sho's attacks is parried.

Vistani attack

Rogues attack Strongwind:
:00: Archers 57% (R4 at 47%, R3 at 37%)
R3 fires 1d100 : 77, total 77

R4 fires 1d100 : 90, total 90

Damage if successful
R3 1d8+1 : 7 + 1, total 8
Rolled 1d4 : 2, total 2

R3 1d8+1 : 4 + 1, total 5
Rolled 1d4 : 1, total 1

Rogues attack Sho:
:00: Shortswords 68%
R5 attacks 1d100 : 9, total 9

R6 attacks 1d100 : 95, total 95

Damage if successful
R5 2d6+1 : 6, 1 + 1, total 8

R6 2d6+1 : 1, 3 + 1, total 5

RL needs this round to recover from the lightning strike
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: Again, only Sho needs to Parry.

titsfortatts

:ooc:Sorry I've had some problems with my computer here

Sho beginning to feel more comfortable in his rhythm of the song and dance he now plays, shoots his quarterstaff up in a defensive move.

Parry 65%
Rolled 1d100 : 76, total 76

tomcat

:ooc: Sho takes 8 damage  :csu:

And so you know, Phil, this icon :csu: means I updated your character sheet.

Exhilarated by the power and presence of his lord, Branon calls to the sky again, "AODHAN! Show these thieves their folly once more for menacing your servant!"

Brannon casts Call lightning on the rogue leader - spends 4 MP for a 4d10 charge:
:00: Casting skill 79%
Call lightning 1d100 : 62, total 62

damage if successful 4d10 : 10, 8, 10, 10, total 38

tomcat

:ooc: OUCH! That was a brutal attack!Three 10's in damage.

Not far away, from where Branon stood, Sho saw the priest, his eyes had become alight with flame and his face was a mask of terror for any that may oppose. It made the Yoshiman uneasy and then the sky above roared with light and noise as another bolt came down from the heavans.

The Vistani leader, still stunned from the first attack, was struck once more and he disappeared inside the terrible arc of energy. Seconds later it was gone and the man fell to the ground, his flesh burnt, eyes gone, along with any life. The sky rumbled once more above them and then silenced.

Aodhan had spoken and taken vengeance on those who had disgraced his servant.

tomcat

The lightning bolts had drawn everyones attention and with the death of the Vistani leader, his followers will to fight was shattered. Those that could turned to run from those whom they attacked, and those that could not fell to their knees in fear.

Sho kept his guard but the two rogues before him were no more threat. The Yoshiman was not all that sure how safe he was when he looked upon the still mad eyes of the priest. Branon strode to the halfling that kneeled before Sho, "My things! Where are they and be quick?!"

With trembling hands, the halfling Vistani pointed to the wagon, "They have been stored within the wain! Please, forgiveness, I beg!"

"You will find the Light of Aodhan shall judge you soon enough!" Branon walked quickly away to find his personals.

Callowmoryne

:ooc: Doug did the archers near strongwind surrender or run off or whathaveyou?

tomcat

titsfortatts

Sho was always curious to the hold possessions had over the spirit of people. With his hands beside him Sho casually bowed never breaking eye contact with the priest. I care not for your things, what is yours please take. My name is Sho soga a Yoshimen a race from Napai. I mean you no harm, and I'm willing to accept judgement for my dishonor. With that Sho went to his knees in a meditative state with his head down and eyes closed, and started to chant a hymm from his forefathers.

titsfortatts

:ooc:"Momma said my magic shoes could take me anywhere"

tomcat

Branon felt the adrenaline subsiding within himself and with it came the shakes. The rage, too, began to ease and he blinked at Sho. He went through his memories of the recent events and had only a vague remembrance of the Yoshiman being present at the Vistan's pilfering of his goods. He recalled the man had stood on the outskirts, while the rogues threatened and stole Branon's items.

"Perhaps judgment was passed and by your efforts in bringing justice to these rogues your debt is paid... only Aodhan knows, for he too bore the affront. He is my patron, but I am disgraced so I cannot assume anymore, or pass judgment of my own, so no dishonor."

That said, the priest went to the wain and dug through the items it contained until at last he came upon his personals. He pulled forth a heavy robe of leather - more of a surcoat - that was well padded and would protect better than his light clothes. He hung a belt at his waist; an amulet of his faith went around his neck; and he slid a slender sword into a scabbard. Once done, he yanked out a small backpack that was full to the top and whose leather flap needed tied down to keep the items contained.

"At long last," he muttered. "Aodhan be praised. Thank thee my lord for thine grace and all-seeing Light to show me the path that led me back to my articles."

Sho overheard the prayer and wondered if it were standard... if so, he thought it very... odd.

Callowmoryne

Strongwind rode into the clearing just in time to hear the preast praise his lord for bringing him back to his belongings. Seeing the man in the all to familiar trappings he wore made bile rise in his throat. "Thine grace and all-seeing light must shine from Pedowins ass. Was Daqueen who drove the path you followed priest. Have Killed many men dressed like you. Still not even the loss of entire tribe. Hope not have to kill Brannon too." Strongwind dismounted, releasing Pedowin to graze a bit. He walked passed the knealing rouges, paying them little attention. He moved on to the Yoshiman, meeting the strange mans gaze. He even tried a smile but the burns and claw marks on his face made it into more of a sneer.  "Am called Strongwind, well met. Not seen your like before. Home far away?"

:ooc: this is awesome Doug!

tomcat

"Come, Daqeen!" said Branon as he hopped from the wagon. "We have but just become traveling companions and now you want to send me off to see my lord! You might be surprised very soon... looking at those staggering figures out in the field, it might be the Light of Aodhan that saves all of our asses."

He gave a laugh and then continued, "Barovia lies in that direction. We might want to see if the town is suffering these undead, as well. Yes?"