• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 04:14 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Landing Pad encounter - round 1

Started by tomcat, May 26, 2010, 10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donimator

Quote"You know better than that," Caden snapped. "Geez, how much did this cost, anyway?"
Caden wasn't above trying to buy his way out of a firefight... assuming he could afford it.

Sam kept his voice low for Caden's ears, "The money is next to nothing - it's the principle. I didn't come through all this to be bullied by a droid looking to change up the deal...an IG droid at that. And if you get the ship fired up and slide out of here, I think I can stall long enough to catch up." Sam engaged and disengaged his magnetic feet several times for effect.

Sam would never buy his way out of a firefight, but his programming was altered enough to recognize when to run from one...assuming he could get enough of a head start.

tomcat

Jun 02, 2010, 01:51 PM #16 Last Edit: Jun 02, 2010, 02:07 PM by tomcat
Quote from: donimator on May 30, 2010, 12:43 AMSam points to the sky, "When this all comes down, things will change here 35. Your honour and your word will be all you have to stand on. I have kept my side of the bargain. If you wish to alter the terms of the deal after the fact, you will not get anything further from me without a fight. In the end, you're just a common thug."

"You have no quarrel with these sentients. Let them leave in the middle of this confusion and then deal with me. I have no place to go."

35 made a sort of snickering sound, then spoke, "A common thug? Did you think I was ever anything else? And what of honour? I am in business and that is my only concern. Even with the Imperial presence here, my business will continue as usual."

Things were starting to feel more tense as both sides were slowly moving into positions of cover, and then the bounty hunter called out. His voice sounding characteristic of a stormtrooper speaking through their helmet gear, "ENOUGH! IG-35 you know why we are here... your money is inconsequential." Sallo dropped his weapon down so that his left hand could grasp the barrel in an aimed position, "I am here for the noblewoman... give her up and there shall be no more problems, and I will see that 35 is compensated for the confederate credits." The bounty hunter ominously drew back on the carbine blaster's energizing bolt, "If you refuse then this landing pad will be your gravesite."

I know the pic doesn't look like Cloud City, but still wanna give you some visuals.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Caden's eyes widened as he looked at the bounty hunter, then to Kaida, and then to Sam with a knowing look.
He was going to have to start doing background checks on his passengers...
"Principle, huh? Well, I guess I can understand that."

At least Kaida probably had some cash available... somewhere. And she clearly was on the run, just like them. So for the time being, they made good partners. And, Caden thought, she was about to owe them her life. Assuming they survived, of course. He ran one hand through his hair; a signal to Britton that they were going to need his services on the ship's turret.

"Screw it," he said under his breath. His hand dove for his blaster.

:ooc: Caden intends to quick-draw, get off one shot at the bounty hunter, and then make a break for the crates in front of the Aegis.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Jingo

Kaida's face registered shock at the bounty hunter's true purpose was revealed. He was here for HER? Struggling to maintain her composure, she closed her open mouth trying to work in some moisture and then replied with hopefully more calm in her demeanor than she felt. "Look, I don't know who hired you, or how much you were paid, but I'm sure I can find a way to offer you more--" Then from the corner of her eye, she saw Caden's hand dive for his blaster, and she knew any further talk was useless.

Her hand also dove for her blaster.  "Cover fire, now!" she screamed into her comlink. Then she was running. "Get back to the ship!"

:ooc: Great... I did not see THAT coming! Bounty Hunter? Woah! :o Since fight is breaking out, here's my init roll (unless you want to roll it on your end):

Roll(1d20)+10:
12,+10
Total:22

Whichever is cool.

For her swift action, she'll draw, for her move action she'll run for the crates by the aegis. For her standard action (second swift action), she'll activate her Born Leader talent. Once per encounter as a swift action I give allies within LOS a +1 insight bonus on attack rolls. It lasts for as long as they remain in LOS of me. It is broken if they lose LOS or if I'm unconscious or dead.

ZehnWaters

Britton saw red the moment he realized the bounty hunter was after Kaida.  He didn't really need Caden's signal to start getting the turret ready.

:ooc: Init.: 14+9=23

donimator

Sam considered a myriad of possibilities and few offered both a high chance of success with an outcome of him not becoming a smoking mass of debris on the landing pad. His battle droid circuitry blending seamleesly with his heuristic processor, he dropped his hand to his blaster as he prepared for a fight.

Sam's Init roll
Initiative +5
Rolled 1d20+5 : 2 + 5, total 7

watanabe

Kara made her move, she ran towards the crates while drawing her weapon to get behind cover.  While she made her move she shook her head.  How was this woman she had brought to the ship, and could she possibly be more trouble than a drug user like herself.  As she got to the crates she aimed at the bounty hunter and pulled the trigger.

:ooc:

Draw pistol.  Move towards crates. Fire at bounty hunter.

Fire blaster pistol = +5... 

Rolled 1d20+5 : 11 + 5, total 16

If damage done:
Rolled 3d6+4 : 6, 2, 2 + 4, total 14

tomcat

Jun 05, 2010, 08:54 PM #22 Last Edit: Jun 12, 2010, 02:30 PM by tomcat
Situation: The two parties are facing off at one another, and it has gotten to the point of weapon fire.

Situational Modifiers: First round initiative is going to the party. Even though both parties were ready with weaponry, the PC's have initiated the attack.

Physical Modifiers: There are crates available for cover that will deduct a -5 to all attacks made at anyone using cover. The Aegis' weapons are not autofire cannons, but the amount of energy output will cause splash damage to an area of attack 2x2 squares against soft/semi-soft targets (i.e. droids). The targeted victim, if Reflex is overcome will take full damage rolled; if not, only 1/2 damage rolled. Any characters within a designated 2x2 area, by gunner, if their Reflex is overcome, they also will take 1/2 the damage rolled.

Initiative:
Britton 23
Kaida 22
Sam 7
Brim
Kara
Caden

After character actions...
Sallo (+13) - 17
IG-35 (+13) - 16
Brutes (+7) - 16

Britton holds his attack until LOS to targets is clear of party members

Kaida
Move
- move 6 squares towards Aegis and crates
Swift - Quick Draw blaster
Swift -  Acitvates Born Leader talent... all companion PC's in her line of site gain a +1 to attack rolls

Caden
Swift
- Quick Draw blaster
Standard - fires at Sallo
DC 30 RC +5, +1 bonus from Kaida
-------------------------
Roll(1d20)+6: 7,+6 Total:13 FAILED
Move - move 6 squares towards Aegis and crates

Kara follows suit with Caden, moving to the crates on the right. She misses the bounty hunter with her roll of 16.

With the path now clear of everyone, Britton fires the laser cannon turret at IG-35 (Bounty Hunter has moved out of LOS).

Standard - fires at IG-35
DC 26 RC +7, Not Proficient -5
Roll(1d20)+2: 16,+2 Total:18 FAILED on IG-35, SUCCESS on brute - both sustain 1/2 damage of: Roll(4d10)+0: 6,8,9,8,+0 Total:31 x2 -or- 31!

I will wait to see what Sam and Brim want to do before I continue with the attacks.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jun 05, 2010, 08:57 PM #23 Last Edit: Jun 05, 2010, 09:06 PM by tomcat
The sound of the Aegis' laser cannons firing was truly terrifying. Caden and Kaida ran for cover, as overhead the raw energy tore at the atmosphere through which it passed. Caden made it to the crates to turn and see IG-35 disappear in a burst of energy. It was apparent that the droid was damaged, but still it was standing - the Gand that had been standing next to him was no longer there.

donimator

As the tides of battle washed past Sam, he found himself finally able to act. The Aegis' guns would certainly even the odds, but he still wanted to get out of here in one piece. He saw IG-35 injured but not down. He wasn't the best target selection Sam had, but perhaps emotions(?) were starting to take over his decisions.

Sam's actions:
Swift - Draw blaster (Quickdraw)
Standard -  Fire @ IG-35
Move - Head in direction (6 squares) of Aegis' front landing gear for cover

Fire at IG-35 with blaster pistol
Blaster pistol +8
Rolled 1d20+8 : 20 + 8, total 28

If hit, Dmg 3d6+2
Rolled 3d6+2 : 1, 2, 5 + 2, total 10

donimator

:ooc: oops, should have been +7, not +8, but I'll take the natural '20'  ;D Suck it IG-35!!

BrianM

Brim sighed at the expected conclusion to the discussion on the landing pad. He fired his weapon at the one ruffian he could see beside the crates, then opened a comlink to Caden. "Uh ... we should probably leave while Britton covers ... want me to fire up the engines?"

:ooc:

Initiative: Roll(1d20)+6: 5,+6 Total:11

Blaster shot at R6: Roll(1d20)+7: 20,+7 Total:27 (woot a 20!)

Damage: Roll(3d6)+0: 3,1,2,+0 Total:6 (hahaha nice damage roll though!)

sdrotar

Quote from: BrianM on Jun 08, 2010, 11:27 AM
Brim sighed at the expected conclusion to the discussion on the landing pad. He fired his weapon at the one ruffian he could see beside the crates, then opened a comlink to Caden. "Uh ... we should probably leave while Britton covers ... want me to fire up the engines?"

"Yeah," Caden shouted over the blaster fire. "Get 'er ready!"
He had no idea what they would face once (if?) they were able to lift off, but he guessed that it was better than waiting around here.

He shook his head - how had their situation possibly have gotten worse?
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Jun 12, 2010, 02:26 PM #28 Last Edit: Jun 12, 2010, 03:33 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Very nice crits! All right, sorry for the delays. Here we go...

The damage done by Brim and Sam are doubled due to the natural 20's. IG-35 takes another 20 damage, and the ruffian R6 (I assume that is who you were talking about, Brian) takes 12. Brim's target goes down, dead, and IG-35 staggers back from the onslaught of fire upon him.

Now the enemy attacks...

R2 attacks Kara
R3 attacks Caden
R4 attacks Kaida
R5 attacks Sam

all attacks are not interfered with by cover
DC by PC RC +4
R2 DC 20 - Roll(1d20)+4: 17,+4 Total:21 SUCCESS damage Roll(3d6)+0: 6,6,5,+0 Total:17 (brutal!)
R3 DC 20 - Roll(1d20)+4: 14,+4 Total:18 FAILED
R4 DC 20 - Roll(1d20)+4: 4,+4 Total:8 FAILED
R5 DC 22 - Roll(1d20)+4: 3,+4 Total:7 FAILED
Move to various fighting positions (see map)

IG-35
Standard
attacks Sam
DC 22 RC +13, -1 on condition track
Roll(1d20)+12: 7,+12 Total:19 Use an FP Roll(1d6)+0: 4,+0 Total:4 = 23 SUCCESS damage Roll(3d8)+5: 1,7,2,+5 Total:15
Move backs up to cover

Corbin Sallo
Move
to new location (see map)
Standard fires grenade at fueling station
DC 5 RC +12
Roll(1d20)+12: 2,+12 Total:14 SUCCESS damage Roll(4d6)+5: 4,4,1,2,+5 Total:16

Okay, here is how the effect of the grenade launched at a fueling station is going to work.

• Sallo's grenade damage is reduced by 10 DR for the durasteel tank; six damage is caused to the tank which has 50 hit points
  • Because it is a fueling tank, the fuel inside is may be ignited by the explosive and thus cause a bigger explosion
  • I am going to roll damage below for the size of the explosion. The explosion damage will first be reduced by the remaining 44 hit points that the tank has. If the explosion is not powerful enough to blow out of its durasteel tank, its a fizzle. If it is, then any within 5 squares will take the remaining damage points as damage (including the Aegis); between 6-10 squares 1/2 that; and between 11-15 squares 1/25.

Explosion damage Roll(20d6)+0: 2,4,1,4,4,3,4,4,6,3,6,2,6,4,5,3,4,1,6,3,+0 Total:75 (-44 for remaining durasteel hit points) = 31

Aegis takes 31 -15 for DR = 16 total
Kara takes 15
Caden takes 15
Kaida takes 7
Sam takes 7
Brim (protected by Aegis)
Britton (protected by Aegis)

Finally, each PC that took damage must make an Endurance test to stay on their feet using the damage amount as the DC.

Kara - Roll(1d20)+9: 8,+9 Total:17 SUCCESS stays on feet, but shoved into crates
Caden - Roll(1d20)+3: 10,+3 Total:13 FAILED knocked prone
Kaida - Roll(1d20)+3: 6,+3 Total:9 SUCCESS stays on feet
Sam - Roll(1d20)+2: 12,+2 Total:14 SUCCESS stays on feet

ALL PC SHEETS HAVE BEEN UPDATED FOR DAMAGE - you may want to look to see how bad things are for your character.

tomcat

:ooc: I removed Kara's second action that you posted Nick, because of two things - 1) I had not posted the enemy actions yet, and 2) I always separate my combat into individual threads for each round (that way you can easily see all the allowed actions taken by a PC in an action round).

Here is some narrative to end round 1, and I will post a new thread for round two...

The terrible sound of the fueling tank exploding was only made worse by the concussive ball of heat and air that tore across the landing pad. Some of the companions were far to close to the blast and were cut and burned by flying fragments. Kara was literally lifted up and slammed into the crates by which she took cover, although the woman managed to stay on her feet. Still, her wounds were severe and she was far away from any of her friends that might be able to help her.

Caden heard the explosion and seconds later he was on the pavement. He cringed in pain as the wave of heat singed his flesh, but also from the view of his ship's tail end being engulfed in the fireball. Around him, Kaida and Sam also felt the effects, but stayed standing and ready to return fire. Inside the Aegis, Brim and Britton felt the ship shift and wondered if the vessel had taken significant damage.

Corbin Sallo was pleased with the effect of his shot, and he began to maneuver again to capture his quarry. IG-35, beaten up as he was, brought up his blaster to destroy the droid named Sam.