• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 10:12 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

New Day

Started by tomcat, Mar 24, 2010, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Quote from: watanabe on Apr 24, 2010, 06:45 PM
:ooc: I don't know if Caden took my credits yet, and I never marked down getting my full 25,000.  I'll make sure to make note of that.

:ooc: We did kind of lose track of that... Anyway, they did discuss things, she (more or less) leveled with him, and for the sake of moving forward, let's just say we agreed to take the credits and move along as a team like we have been.

From an RP standpoint, Caden's reluctant to give up his baby, but selling "shares" of it makes sense to him - they all need each other's money, equipment and skills, and they're all in the same boat; fugitives on the run that need to stick together to survive. I figure there's kind of an unspoken agreement that they'll work something out if they make it through all this. If it's better that we RP this more, that's fine with me - but if it's better that we just jump the story forward and pivot when we reach that point, that works for me, too.

"Well, we'd better pick up some cargo and make a run or two," Caden suggested. "Hardly matters what or where. We need the creds, plus we need to look the parts of traders - and we need to test out all this new equipment before we, well, need to, y'know?"
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

donimator

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 24, 2010, 11:16 AM
Sam - did you remove the credit chip and its value from your character sheet already? What was the value of the chip so I know? The total cost for the snooper droid's service is 1,800 - from your last post, am I right to assume you are telling the IG to stick it?  ;)

Sam- 650 credits (assuming credit stick was given to snooper droid and not included here)
:ooc: I deducted the 1,500 for the memory wipe, leaving 650 (now reduced to 0), For the day's info I gave the CZ droid the 'worthless' Confed credits to return to the IG droid...maybe we'd better get outta here!

Jingo

Quote from: ZehnWaters on Apr 25, 2010, 08:50 AM
Britton stumbled out of his bunk, his hair tousled and his eyes bleary.  He stumbled up the corridor to the 'fresher and cleaned up.  Once he was properly cleaned and dressed he headed up to the cockpit but stopped at the medbay where he saw Kaida scurrying about checking the medical equipment.

:ooc: As per your earlier post, Jingo.  I hope I'm not treading on your toes here.

"Everything looking on the up and up?" Britton asked, leaning against the doorway.

"Oh hi," Kaida smiled up at him and brushed a strand of hair from her face. Crouched down next to some crates, a datapad in hand, she had been making calculations, and didn't notice him at first. "I... think so. I'm just trying to get a handle on needed medical supplies. But I think we might be short."

She frowned down at the datapad one last time and then stood, putting a fist to the small of her back and stretched. "It's probably best to have at least two kits per person. If I had the funds myself, I'd take care of it, but I'm afraid I used up most of my remaining creds buying passage. Maybe you'd like to help, though?"

:ooc: I'm assuming we don't have any "party stash" of med kits. If I'm wrong let me know.

watanabe

:ooc: Okay glad my credits were received, now the question is whether you are all okay with my spice addiction.

ZehnWaters

Apr 30, 2010, 12:07 PM #34 Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:11 PM by ZehnWaters
Quote from: Jingo on Apr 27, 2010, 09:27 PM
"Oh hi," Kaida smiled up at him and brushed a strand of hair from her face. Crouched down next to some crates, a datapad in hand, she had been making calculations, and didn't notice him at first. "I... think so. I'm just trying to get a handle on needed medical supplies. But I think we might be short."

She frowned down at the datapad one last time and then stood, putting a fist to the small of her back and stretched. "It's probably best to have at least two kits per person. If I had the funds myself, I'd take care of it, but I'm afraid I used up most of my remaining creds buying passage. Maybe you'd like to help, though?"

:ooc: I'm assuming we don't have any "party stash" of med kits. If I'm wrong let me know.

"Sure," Britton replied.  Coming into the room and standing next to Kaida, he looked down at the equipment.  "What all do we need?  Just med kits?"

sdrotar

Quote from: watanabe on Apr 29, 2010, 12:03 PM
:ooc: Okay glad my credits were received, now the question is whether you are all okay with my spice addiction.

:ooc: Not really, but who else is gonna help me fly the ship? ;)
If Kara wants to quit, I think that's something that would be interesting to RP over time; kind of a family-type situation there.

watanabe

:ooc:

Kara is fine continuing the addiction, it even gives her some short term bonuses when need be (and some really bad side effects when the drugs wears out).  ;D

Jingo

Quote from: ZehnWaters on Apr 30, 2010, 12:07 PM
"Sure," Britton replied.  Coming into the room and standing next to Kaida, he looked down at the equipment.  "What all do we need?  Just med kits?"

:ooc: By med kits, I meant "med packs" in the book, the ones in the book that cost 100 creds  and are used for first aid. So two per crew member on those.

Kaida shrugged and tapped the datapad.  "Depends on how many creds you're willing to donate I suppose. Two med packs per crew member ought to do us for now. But we may want to invest in some larger medical equipment as well. Maybe even an emergency surgery kit. I'm not the most skilled but If I have to I know how to use one. Of course if you're really floating in the creds, and are feeling extra philanthropic, a bacta tank would be nice..." She smiled at him, knowing bacta tanks were WAY off the price chart--they did not come cheap.

:ooc: med kit - the backpack sized one for emergency revival of dying chars etc. These are 600 creds in the book.  Surgery kits - 1000 creds. I think one of each would be great. Of course the medibay may come with some of this--I don't know.

On a related supply note, we might want to make sure we have at least one space suit on the ship too in case emergency repairs are needed in a vacuum. Also 1 flight suit per crew member in case the party has to adventure in hostile atmosphere. Flight suits are 1000, space suit is 2000 creds. Again, maybe the ship is already stocked with some of these, I don't know.

Hopefully we won't need any of this, but you never know... 

sdrotar

Quote from: Jingo on May 03, 2010, 11:20 PM

:ooc: By med kits, I meant "med packs" in the book, the ones in the book that cost 100 creds  and are used for first aid. So two per crew member on those.

Kaida shrugged and tapped the datapad.  "Depends on how many creds you're willing to donate I suppose. Two med packs per crew member ought to do us for now. But we may want to invest in some larger medical equipment as well. Maybe even an emergency surgery kit. I'm not the most skilled but If I have to I know how to use one. Of course if you're really floating in the creds, and are feeling extra philanthropic, a bacta tank would be nice..." She smiled at him, knowing bacta tanks were WAY off the price chart--they did not come cheap.

:ooc: med kit - the backpack sized one for emergency revival of dying chars etc. These are 600 creds in the book.  Surgery kits - 1000 creds. I think one of each would be great. Of course the medibay may come with some of this--I don't know.

On a related supply note, we might want to make sure we have at least one space suit on the ship too in case emergency repairs are needed in a vacuum. Also 1 flight suit per crew member in case the party has to adventure in hostile atmosphere. Flight suits are 1000, space suit is 2000 creds. Again, maybe the ship is already stocked with some of these, I don't know.

Hopefully we won't need any of this, but you never know... 

:ooc: I assumed that the ship would have some of these things as a necessity, but that's obviously up to Tomcat. Certainly, we wouldn't have enough for everyone, since when the ship started out, it hosted only Caden, the dearly-departed Kex, and Sam, who doesn't need any suits like us weak, fleshy meatbags. ;)

ZehnWaters

May 06, 2010, 03:02 PM #39 Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 03:11 PM by ZehnWaters
Quote from: Jingo on May 03, 2010, 11:20 PM

"Well I suppose a lot of the med packs might be going to the fighters like me," Britton conceded.  "I better front a lot of the money for it."

tomcat

May 08, 2010, 04:04 PM #40 Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 04:07 PM by tomcat
Kaida and Britton continued to chat and sort through the ship's supplies, while the rest of the crew milled about doing their own thing and anticipating another quiet day in Cloud City. Unfortunately, their expectations were short lived. Outside the Aegis, a thunderous boom was suddenly heard causing Caden to sit up quickly from his chair and spilling his hot cup of caf all over himself. The reaction was the same throughout the ship and the landing bay as people cowered at the terrible sound. Only Sam seemed unaffected, although the droid's sensors did register the noise.

The crew went to the first deck of the Aegis and then down the landing ramp, out to the platform. Each looked up to see a massive Imperial Vindicator-class destroyer orbiting just above the city. It had to have entered the atmosphere at tremendous speed to create such a sonic boom. Caden looked around and could easily see the effects of the shockwave, as broken lights flickered and sparked across the skyline. Movement above caught everyone's eyes and they looked up to see fighter and landing craft emerging from the destroyer and beginning either to commence landing or taking up patrol positions around Cloud City.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

"That can't be for us," Caden thought. "I know we're wanted, but we're not that important."

He flipped on the ship's com system. "I don't know what it's about, but we've got company and lots of it. We've gotta go - cargo or no cargo."

Caden wondered if they were better off waiting a beat or two - leaving in a hurry would draw attention that they didn't want, and even if the Imperials wanted to search every ship in the city, it'd still take days. They needed to decide a course of action, and quickly.

"Everybody up to the cockpit - we need to figure something out."

ZehnWaters

May 10, 2010, 08:14 PM #42 Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:10 AM by ZehnWaters
Britton quickly made sure Kaida was alright after the sonic-boom, then joined the others outside and subsequently in the cockpit.

watanabe

Kara looked out the viewpane and shook her head.

"Imps, we need to get moving now, you can never trust these bastards."

Jingo

May 12, 2010, 08:27 PM #44 Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:02 PM by Jingo
Kaida's head jerked up from her datapad when she heard the resounding boom, her eyes fastened on Briton's. "What was that?" Running outside with the others, she saw the destroyer and the approaching imperials. Her face went white and instinctively her hand went to one of her blaster, but realizing the futility of the gesture, she shook her head angrily and moved quickly to the cockpit with the others.