• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 10:05 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Within the home of thy enemy

Started by tomcat, Mar 13, 2010, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: And just so you all know, if we do stop here and take a short hiatus (which we actually have kind of been on) - the new story line that is drumming softly in my head will probably hinge on Celdrahl and Pethron and a journey to Gondor.

If I go that route, Dirnhael will have to decide if he wants to go and leave his woman behind again - or maybe bring her with him? And what of Fengel and his sister?

Man... I can't stop typing... so many things...
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

:ooc: A hiatus is fine with me. Sometimes it's good to recharge the batteries.

We've kind of reached a good stopping point if Methilir's been outmanuevered; Durgil's name may be cleared, Ioreth and Gleowyn are safe again, and the Company has gained two formidable new members. Plus, Dirnhael, Pethron and Fengel's standing in their new hometown may have been raised a bit as well. It sounds like a very reasonable jumping-off point for the next adventure, whenever that may be.

I'd sure hate to retire Dirnhael - I've been playing him for so many years, he's like putting on a comfortable suit - even if it might make sense, story-wise, to do so. Who knows? There are always possibilities...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

ZehnWaters

:ooc: Hiatus is fine.  I know what you mean when you say your brain works in Genre's.  Mine does too.  I'll be eager to get back to Vidugavin, however.

Telcontar

Tomcat,
You're turning me into the game killer! Though I am glad to see that the timely arrival of a scion of the kinstrife could lay to rest the possible Civil War of Arthedain. I was looking forward to ridding up to the others with my Dunedain pride pegged out on the look how awesome I am meter. But as for the game you know me I can wait around. I was interested to see where the flexible interpretation and authority of the Stewards mission was going to take me.
I have been toying around with some thoughts for a game so maybe  I can get one started in the interim.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Tom, NO!! I am not pegging you as the game killer, at all. It was just a perfect play, and to make Methilir become more sinister than what I have already portrayed the greedy bastard as, seems to go against the idea of the Dunedain. Not to say they didn't devolve into a cruel people, and even the sons of the line of Isildur warred against one another - hence the splitting of Arnor - but still. To take Methilir to the point where he is willing to take up arms against the kingdom with his plan at a land grab through nuptuals, seems over the top to me.

Does that make sense?

So with Celdrahil's simple claim that Durgil has overstepped his position with the king, and thus forfeited his rights to his lands, he has undermined Methilir's plan. Unless, of course, the noble would really want to go beyond what he has already done in an even more aggressive move (as stated above). To push the assassination attempts even further would certainly turn eyes on him, and Methilir just wants more wealth. He doesn't want to lose what he already has.

I hope this is all making sense... but by no means am I pegging you, and your chatacters ingenuous play, as the game kill. Moreso, it was a very effective victory worthy of experience rewards, and now we move on to a new story line. We certainly will RP out the character relations as we move into a new plot - because I have neat back-story details to work with Pethron and your PC. No matter what, I am glad you will stick around until the game resumes in full capacity - I like what everyone brings to the games!  ;)

Lastly, I am very interested in hearing about a game that you might run and bringing a character into it, but that is a conversation for the future as things progress.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Telcontar

Tomcat,
No offense at all I was just poking fun at that the fact that whatever game i am in ends up in the archive bin  ;D

I agree with everything you have said about the game. I thought for awhile on what motivated Methilir and how to cut him where it hurt. Being a noble is all about a game of Houses anyway. Wheels within wheels avoiding direct confrontation.
I am ready when you are to pick the game up or move it along.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

Quote from: TelcontarI was just poking fun at that the fact that whatever game i am in ends up in the archive bin  ;D

:ooc:  (-D LOL!

Well... yea... it does seem that way, doesn't it.

You have my promise, though, that the time and creative effort that you put into your PC's will not be for nothing. As you know, I have been running Chronicles of the North since 2003, and that story is far from being over... in fact, with the new character additions, it grows. The Moria campaign is something I started because I wanted to run one of the mini-adventures I created for HOF, plus I really wanted to do a dungeon-crawl. Well, at the same time I had picked the Star Wars Saga edition and the rest is history. I moved my brain into outer space and have been coming up with ideas for that.

I really enjoy my LOTR games, and the PC's that are in them, and so I do not want to have lame story lines going. Thus the need to break away from the games. But we will get it/them going again soon. I will run out of ideas (or get bored) for Star Wars and Star Trek real soon.  ;)

Still, I don't want to lose you as a player, so I am glad you'll be around.

I have been tossing the idea around of letting another GM pick up on our chronicle, and letting them have some fun with these PC's. I am not sure if that would be a success, or cause a serious rift in story ideas, but we'll see. Right now, there is no one leaping at the chance to take over the CotN campaign and run it a while.

Anyway, we shall have a few more scenes to end the current game and then I will award XP. From there it will go into hiatus for a while, until I think of what my story hook is for Gondor and Ithilien... might be something to do with Minas Ithil, or Osgiliath. Ithil is not captured by the Nazqul for another 634 years, and Osgiliath has another 200+ years before it starts its slow decay... so we shall see.

BrianM

:ooc:

Hi,

I'm ok with a hiatus, but definitely want to continue on with this story at some point. I'm really happy with the way Pethron has turned out.

To be honest, since joining the Star Trek game I've been a bit stretched with keeping up with the three separate storylines. Cutting back to only two for a bit will help me stay on top of things.

I've thought quite a bit about running something here, but it's tough to commit the time right now. I wouldn't want to take over an established story, though, but rather start something new that I'm more familiar with (like HârnWorld or perhaps Serenity).

Cheers,
Brian