• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 10:48 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Makeovers

Started by tomcat, Jan 12, 2010, 07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZehnWaters

Quote from: sdrotar on Feb 10, 2010, 01:57 PM
"Let's prioritize, though. We're going to get this ship re-registered and re-painted, so let's take a look at procuring a jamming suite first. We're already fast, thanks those engines we picked up on Bakura. Besides, in any real scrap with Imperials, bounty hunters - or whatever that character with the lightsaber was - we're probably better off running than fighting right now."

"Humph," Britton replied.  "I don't like running, but we're seriously outnumbered.  After we've got what we can get, how do we earn money?"

tomcat

:ooc: I am kind of waiting for the Kara thread to complete so that I stay in time with both parties. Don't worry, once she is done dealing with Binx, the two threads will be re-joined and I will move on the story.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: ZehnWaters on Feb 13, 2010, 05:56 PM

"Humph," Britton replied.  "I don't like running, but we're seriously outnumbered.  After we've got what we can get, how do we earn money?"

"Only way I know how to get a lot of it fast is to smuggle," Caden said. He had hoped those days were behind him; he had been trying to live a (more or less) clean life - it got you shot at a lot less. "It's easy enough to find jobs on the fringes."

"But that's still plenty risky even when you don't have people gunning for you. When you do? It's crazy."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

BrianM

Quote from: sdrotar on Feb 14, 2010, 08:03 PM
"But that's still plenty risky even when you don't have people gunning for you. When you do? It's crazy."

With a smile, Brim added, "Ahhh ... but in my experience, the best way to avoid the hunt is to follow the unexpected path ... or the crazy path as you say."

tomcat

Caden knew the Aegis had a 30 ton capacity for shipping and so with the conversation moving in that direction, he turned to the ship's computer console. Typing quickly, he networked into Cloud City's local business information boards to see if there were listings from legitimate merchants trying to move legitimate merchandise.

The screen scrolled up...

Network access... Cloud City ===
//connection 1.0002.BA415
//
Cloud City Business Listings...
Merchant query: Shipping,Destination,Tonnage...
Tibanna gas,Naboo,80
Chlorine gas,Bakura,280
Nitrogen gas,Polis Massa,300
Sulfur dioxide,Coruscant,80
Droid mech parts,Mustafar,100
Tibanna gas,Tatooine,280
Chlorine gas,Tatooine,300
Nitrogen gas,Tatooin,100
Sulfur dioxide,Kalist,40
Droid mech parts,Naboo,150\

Caden read down as the list scrolled. There was plenty of legitimate work. Question was, what would it pay and would he run into any union issues?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The crew of the Aegis sat about the computer console making small discussion of the legitimate work that was available. There were two options that would take them in the right direction - either Naboo or Tatooine. Both locations took them towards Hutt space along with wild space, where the planet Teth was located. Only problem was the amount of tonnage the Aegis could carry was less than the orders and Caden wondered if the purchasers would be willing to do a smaller order - or the seller for that matter.

There was another option, too, that they had yet to explore and that was to look into the black market. It would be a lot more risk, but a much larger payout. If they did go in that direction, Caden knew that he would truly have gone over the line to that of pirate and criminal. A label that was already attached to their names, unearned though it may be.

Suddenly, Kara's distinctive voice could be heard coming from the lower deck and the landing ramp. She was talking to someone else... a female by the sound of it.

ZehnWaters

"Sounds like Kara brought a friend," Britton said to the others and went to go see who it was.

sdrotar

"Welcome back," Caden said to Kara with a warm smile that suddenly changed to a dour expression. "Now where the hell have you been?!"

He noticed Kara's companion, and realized he should have bit his tongue, but he was getting jumpy here. He was getting jumpy anywhere. This plan to take things to the Hutts or Dark Jedis or whoever-the-hell had framed them and murdered his friends was a little more than he could take right now, and he wasn't in any mood to apologize for... well, his mood.

"Caden Whitesun," he finally said curtly to the stranger before pointing to the freighter looming behind him. "This is the... this is my ship."

Jingo

Kaida wondered if she should wait for Kara to say something first, but then seeing Kara's cloudy expression at Caden's rather curt welcome, she decided upon intervening before tempers could give way.

She gave the ship's captain her most winning smile and extended her hand politely, making her short cloak/cape flutter back revealing the blaster at her hip. "A pleasure, Mr. Caden...uh Whitesun? Well, a pleasure I'm sure," Kaida squeezed his hand with just the right amount of pressure, then stood back, her right hand resting easily on her right hip, near her holster if needed, her left brushing away a strand of her auburn hair from her pretty face and then waved airily to Kara, her brown eyes moving from Kara and then back to Caden.

"Sorry about barging in like this," Kaida continued, with just the right amount of apology in her voice. "You see, I bumped into Kara--literally as a matter of fact--and well in the process she discovered I was looking for a ship that was leaving these parts, and I was made to understand that you owned such a ship. One thing led to another and, well, here I am."

She winced inside at her own temerity, but turned it into an appraising look of the Loronar class freighter that stood mutely backdropping the captain. "Nice ship you got there. A nice ship indeed," she crooned giving it a low whistle. A little flattery never hurt.

ZehnWaters

Britton laughed to himself and also descended the landing ramp.  He looked down at the pretty young woman who stood in front of him.

"I'm Britton Rand," Britton said, extending his hand and flashed a toothy grin.

BrianM

Brim watched the introductions from the ramp. Humph ... another one, he thought, but the blank expression on his face common to his species hid his derision. He would never fully understand human females. They were always on the hunt it seemed, but one could never tell exactly what it was they really wanted. They were quite adept at deception and manipulation, especially with their male counterparts.

Knowing that his thoughts were probably ill-placed, the Rodian let the Force flow through him, for he was convinced now that that was what he had been experiencing of late. Its effects were calming. He had practiced on his own and found that he had very limited control over this new found sensitivity. If he hoped to gain more understanding, Brim would have to find a mentor, like the Jedi he had known at the Academy. But they were all likely gone now ...

Stepping forward, Brim extended a hand to the newcomer. "Brim C'Cocha. Welcome."

Jingo

Kaida smiled as the welcome wagon came out in full force. She shook hands in turn with Britton and then Brim. To Brim she spoke softly in Rhodese giving a polite bow of her head while their hands were clasped in greeting, "My thanks friend, though perhaps you should reserve your welcome until Captain Whitesun has seen fit to allow me passage on his ship."

sdrotar

Mar 15, 2010, 07:23 AM #27 Last Edit: Mar 15, 2010, 09:26 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: Jingo on Mar 14, 2010, 09:32 PM
Kaida smiled as the welcome wagon came out in full force. She shook hands in turn with Britton and then Brim. To Brim she spoke softly in Rhodese giving a polite bow of her head while their hands were clasped in greeting, "My thanks friend, though perhaps you should reserve your welcome until Captain Whitesun has seen fit to allow me passage on his ship."

"We going somewhere?" Caden held his arms outward in exasperation.
He needed a stiff drink, about 100,000 creds and a vacation to the middle of nowhere.

"Unless," he thought, "maybe he had a paying passenger for once."
He quickly dismissed the notion as ridiculous. His ship had obviously become a traveling charity case. Except his got shot at.

tomcat

Quote from: sdrotar on Mar 15, 2010, 07:23 AMHe quickly dismissed the notion as ridiculous. His ship had obviously become a traveling charity case. Except his got shot at.

:ooc: This was really good... got a good chuckle with this post!  ;D

Jingo

Quote from: sdrotar on Mar 15, 2010, 07:23 AM
"We going somewhere?" Caden held his arms outward in exasperation.
He needed a stiff drink, about 100,000 creds and a vacation to the middle of nowhere.

Kaida stifled a laugh and turned back to Caden. "I hope I'm not causing you any undue discomfort, Captain Whitesun. It's just that your crew seems glad to see a fresh face. You really should let them out more often," She added with a coy grin. Then she continued in a more serious tone. "Now, lets talk business. I, unfortunately, at the moment do not have a lot credits at my disposal--the vaunted Empire having seen fit to seize my liquid assets merely because I held a dissenting view to their bullying and expansionist ways--but I am willing to pay 500 up front for you just to take me with you."

"I'm sure," she added with a sigh, "that this is a mere pittance of what you would normally require, but trust me, I come from a very wealthy family. If we can just find a way for you to put me in contact with one of them, I will then be in a position to provide you with the rest of an agreed-upon sum.

"In the meantime, I am not without certain skills that may prove...useful." She spread her hands making sure her blaster was momentarily visible under her short cloak and smiled at him an open and honest, yet searching look, on her face.