• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 01:23 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Around town (Kara)

Started by tomcat, Dec 14, 2009, 06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

watanabe

Kara made her way over to Binx and waited till she got his attention.

"You Binx?  I've been told by certain Trando's that you can help me out with moving some product I happened to come across."

tomcat

Binx didn't look away from the Twi'lek woman on top of him, "If you gotta piece, I suggest you take it out real slow and set it on the table in front of us. Otherwise, my boy there might mistake you for someone you're not and put a hole in you."

Kara saw the shadow that Binx gestured to and knew her suspicion was correct, the behemoth was a guard. She pulled her blaster and flipped it real quick so that the muzzle remained in her direction and the grip towards Binx. Carefully setting it down on the table, she could feel the tension of the moment ease and the shadow relax.

"All right," smiled Binx. "What do you have?" He pushed the woman off of him, "Go on now Asha... we'll talk later."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

"I came across two vials of the stuff, its the pure extract of the Manama fruit on Bakura.  In its pure form its deadly, cut down into a lot of doses it is said to give one of the best and most religious high's one can ever have.  I'm not sure the market price, but I know the stuff is rare, and that people on that planet literally are fighting over the goods."

tomcat

Binx sat up to the table, obviously interested. "Yeah... I heard about that stuff. Heard it is a really good high. Never heard it coming offworld before... so, you looking to sell it to me, or just deal it?"

He took a sip of his drink, "If yer lookin' for me to buy the stuff, I wanna see it and have it checked... purity-wise. Ya know? If you wanna deal it, and yer coming to me, then it looks like we're partners. But here is how it is... I get 70%. I have the mill house, street dis and I have the protection." The criminal kept an eye on Kara's face trying to read her expression, "You don't like either option, you can run away now cuz I'm busy."

Binx looked back over at the Twi'lek girl he had sent away, smiling at her. Kara was somewhat disgusted by how the female waited patiently like some kind of pet.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

watanabe

:ooc: Can I just give him one of the vials now, and try and cut a deal for some cash up front?

tomcat

Feb 04, 2010, 01:06 PM #35 Last Edit: Feb 04, 2010, 01:09 PM by tomcat
:ooc: You sure can. Wanna RP it, or you just want me to work out the number?

watanabe

Kara stopped for a moment.

"I can leave a whole vial with you now, but as you know this drug isn't cheap and I wouldn't want someone running off with a whole vial without some kind of security or insurance, maybe a down payment."

:ooc:

Persuasion = 4 +
Rolled 1d20 : 16, total 16

tomcat

Binx smiled a wide, ugly grin. "You're funny woman, but I like you. You have moxy, but my mama didn't raise a fool." He looked to his bodyguard and said, "Cmon... let's take a walk. Let her keep her piece. I think this transaction will need to be a bit of trust and give and take." Then back to Kara, "That said, I trust ya... but I ain't giving you nothing until I know what I am buying is the real deal. So, we're gonna walk to my lab. Understand... you try something, or tell anyone anything, and I promise you that you'll get to see Bespin real close and personal... ya dig? And I hear it takes a long while to drop."

Laughing, Binx stood up and began to walk out of the Far End. His bodyguard waited for Kara to follow and then he took up position behind her. Once into the light, Kara saw that the bodyguard was a Feeorin - a brutal and dangerous race from the planet Odryn. Again the Corellian thought that she was getting way to involved with something she didn't want too. But she was committed now, and so she followed.

Binx led her a few blocks away, and then down a service stairwell that ended in what had to be considered a slum in the floating city. Shanties and lean-to's formed small avenues within a massive maintenance hangar that no longer seemed in use. Steam filtered down from enormous pipes above giving everything a damp feel and musty scent. Kara followed Binx until he came to a two story structure that was built into the superstructure of the hangar. It may have once been some kind of control tower, but now it was the residence and business office for the drug dealer. He led Kara upstairs and in through a series of doors that led to a lab luminated by a few blinking neon lights. A thin Duros moved about the room mixing powders with liquids creating vile concoctions that soon would be sold on the streets above.

The Feeorin bodyguard stood at the doorway that led out while Binx walked over to the Duros chemist. "Chez... got something I want you to test. Woman here says she smuggled pure Namana off Bakura. I wanna know if she is telling me the truth and if so... what can we do with it."

Chez the Duros looked to Kara who took forth the vial. He took it in his long blue fingers and began his analysis. It took only moments. "The liquid is pure extract from the Namana plant on Bakura," he said. "I've only heard about what this stuff can be turned in to, but it would be worth a mint. I can refine this vial into an easy two-hundred thousand!" The Duros' excitement caused Binx to give him a hard look - every word coming out of his mouth was giving Kara the upperhand. Unless, of course, she had no hands left in the deal.

"Whatcha want for it?" Binx asked.

watanabe

"I'll be fair, I understand you have production costs and everything, and its hard to just sell all the product up front.  I'll take 5% of the total value you think you can get from this and the other vile once it is all cut down to proper doses.  And I'll even let you keep this vial for 10% of the 5% upfront."

tomcat

:ooc: Hey Nick, now that Binx has an authentication of the namana, you don't have to ask for only a percentage down. I am going to post with the idea that Kara wants full payment of the vial, and a percentage down if he wants the other.

Binx looked at Kara. Five percent. Either the woman was daft, or she did not want to be involved in the business anymore than she needed to. Still, she had a look about her that Binx recognized... she was a user. Of what he didn't know, but she was. More than likely, whatever he paid her here would probably end up back in his coffers from her buyings sticks, or booze, or some other drug that he dealt.

The next thought was, where did this stuff really come from and why was she all the way from Bakura here to Bespin? Running from someone most likely, which made the namana even more dangerous. If he was going to take any part in it, he needed to buy it and move it fast.

Still staring at Kara, and the moment drawing out, Binx finally conceded - his mind was made up. "All right. Five percent plus a ten percent advance on the other vial. When will you get it to me and where are you staying in Cloud City?"

watanabe

"My crew hasn't found quarters yet, I'll probably take some of the cash from this and go find somewhere decent to stay at, somewhere where I won't be bothered."  She looked around.  "If you want I can go get the second vial quickly and then we can settle our deal and be on our ways."

tomcat

"Yea... go get the second vial, but you don't need to come back here." Binx looked at the Feeorin and then back at Kara, "He'll go with you along with Chez.  You give it to them and they'll pay you the rest of what you are owed. As long as there is no funny business, you understand what I am saying?"

Binx looked at Chez, handing him a credchip as he did,"Take that hand-held analyzer of yours and make sure the other vial is the real thing. If it is, give her this." He motioned to the chip, "That is 25,000 credits - all yours and a little more than you asked as long as you see the deal through."

watanabe

Kara took the chip and stashed inside of one of her many pockets with a smile and a nod.

"Thanks, I'll go get the other vial and bring it back here right away."  Kara nodded and gave a polite bow again and started to head for the door.

OOC:

I'd like to stop by a bank if possible...  ;D

tomcat

Kara completed the transaction and left Chez and the Feeorin far behind, patting her pocket as she went. Inside sat the credit chip with enough money for her to buy herself new transport from this world, and she could leave behind the others and their problems. It might be worth looking into, she thought.

She turned a corner abruptly and suddenly there was someone there walking in her path, and moving just as quickly. The Corellian tried but could not avoid the collision, and she found herself seconds later landing hard on her buttocks. Kara saw the other female she had just knocked down also cringing from the pain. The woman was quite pretty and though she was wearing clothing of a commoner, Kara could tell that she was more than that. There was a regalness about her, as if she grew up wealthy with parents that sent her to finishing school.

The two women began to stand and each mumbled apologies, while checking each other out to make sure that there was no further intent. Cloud City, like most big metropolises, were notorious for villains and scammers who did knockdown thefts, or worse. Kaida watched Kara in her peripheral vision all the while straightening herself up, her hand hanging close to the blaster on her hip.

watanabe

"Sorry about that, you okay?" Kara said as she made sure the chip was still safely stowed away in her pocket.  She looked a he woman she had just bumped into and something didn't fit.  "You don' seem to be the type to hand around these parts."