• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 07:26 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

SCENE 1: A quiet homecoming

Started by tomcat, Nov 08, 2008, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

"It will be as you request, sir," answered Geoffrey to Durgil's requests. "As far as your father's affairs, your sister had all the papers secured in a small chest and moved out to the manor. It seems her fiance, Lord Methilir, was taking quite an interest in the estate. She felt it better that it be secured until after her wedding. Methilir, at least then, would have a legal right to peruse it."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Dirnhael glumly plopped himself down on one of the bunks, not certain if he wanted either Fengel or Edrahil to talk to him.
Certainly, he was hurt, and wanted to know what had happened, but at the moment, all he needed was... away.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Dec 05, 2008, 09:46 AM #17 Last Edit: Dec 05, 2008, 01:11 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] Hey Shawn, just so you know, Edrahil is gone. It's just the four of you - Durgil, Fengel, Gloraglil, and Dirnhael. Depending on how much Calvingian is going to be posting, I may be bringing his PC to a close... we shall see.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Dec 05, 2008, 09:46 AM
[OOC:] Hey Shawn, just so you know, Edrahil is gone. It's just the four of you - Durgil, Fengel, Gloraglil, and Dirnhael. Depending on how much the player for Gloraglil is going to be posting, I may be bringing his PC to a close... we shall see.

OOC: How did I miss that? Geez.

tomcat

[OOC:] You missed it entirely that he was leaving the Company for a bit? Or you just missed when it happened? He went his way when you guys left Bree - he went west, you guys north.

As stated in SW, I will be playing Matt's character for the week so we can keep moving.

GandalfOfBorg

"Hmm... all the more reason to get to the manor soon," mused Durgil.  "If this Methilir or any connected to him should return here while we are away, reinforce my return to them; it should give their master pause.  Thank you, Geoffrey, you've done well."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Palandil

Fengel saw Dirnhael's pain in his face, and felt empathy for his friend.  He went and sat next to his friend, "Don't give up hope so early my brother, I doubt that the love that was kindled in both of your hearts could have failed so easily."
With a pat on Dirnhael's shoulder Fengel went to his own bunk.

tomcat

Geoffrey smiled at Durgil, "Thank you, m'lord. It will be a pleasure to let Methilir know that the master of this house has returned. Besides, now the Lady Ioreth may have a way from her plight... err... pardon, sir, I speak out of place."

GandalfOfBorg

"It is quite alright, Geoffrey.  I have a feeling I will be needing the confidence of you and your family now and in the years to come... speaking plainly comes with the territory."
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Worn out from the road, and mentally dismayed from the news at their homecoming, the companions decided to take it easy for the rest of the evening. A fire was set to blaze in the living room and Fengel and his sister warmed themselves by its side. Durgil moved about the house tending to business, as well as his friends. Finally, he too came to sit down and relax. Only Dirnhael made himself scarce... and his friends talked quietly about the situation.

Tomorrow would bring a new day, and with it, fresh minds to figure out what had gone wrong while they were away.

[OOC:] Add more dialogue here as you'd like, but include in it what you guys want to do with the new day, so I can start a new thread.

GandalfOfBorg

Durgil busied himself with inane things about the house so as to give Gleowyn her space.  She couldn't bear to look at him for long and it saddened him but he would respect her feelings.  Finally when he did sit down with the others, he broached what the others wished to do.  "There are things to do here, places to see.  I am going to the Steward to formally announce our return and see if I can find anymore news about what's been going here in our absence.  If any of you would like to join me, you're more than welcome.  Other than that, travel-worn though I am, I believe that at least Dirnhael and I will go out to my family's holdings to see Ioreth.  I would wish that you could come with me, but if you feel that you'd rather stay here, this apartment is available for you to do as you please."
Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

Dirnhael wanted to see Ioreth, wanted to find out what had happened while he was away, but a part of him wished to stay in the apartment, sullen with grief, and sleep the world away.

But what had he to lose? He said nothing and dragged his feet while he gathered his things and prepared to ride out. Dirnhael thought that even riding into battle was less difficult - at least there, he knew what he would face.