• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 06:06 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Enemy's ire and friends anew

Started by tomcat, Feb 06, 2008, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palandil

Fengel followed Dirnhael, still thinking about what Gleowyn had said.

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: I didn't realize I went somewhere.  If Durgil had gone anywhere, it was to inquire about a horse for Gleowyn, other than that, join his comrades in search of Patrel.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Feb 25, 2008, 07:46 PM
OOC: I didn't realize I went somewhere.  If Durgil had gone anywhere, it was to inquire about a horse for Gleowyn, other than that, join his comrades in search of Patrel.

OOC: I was under the impression that Durgil was getting a horse at the moment, but if not, I'm sure we can tweak things to fit...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

[OOC:] Sorry gents... I keep saying that don't I?

Well, it is truly just because I have had my head so deep in the Star Trek game below, that I have trouble making the jump back and forth. Because of that I feel/think the story becomes weak when my mind is not 100% in it.

But that is no excuse. You guys come here to play, dammit! Not to get excuses. So, let's play!
  ;)

The quartet finalized their personal preparations and slipped out of the merchant camp. Each limited themselves to their weapons and armor; this was to be a hunting trip, not another journey - at least not for now.

They hastily crossed the fields that separated the visiting merchant enclaves, with the town proper. The goal for the evening was to locate one of the commanders of the local militia named Patrel, and attempt to recruit him into aiding them against the Sagath threat. With most of the wagons across the river, the Easterling host would soon be marching west to sack the lands of the Éothraim.

The sun had already set and the companions moved through that moment of twilight when the world was cloaked in grey, just before the dark covers all. A wind had begun to blow up out of the south and with it came dark clouds. Lightning flashed across the southern night sky. Edrahil and his friends knew that the rain would soon follow.

One thing that had been bothering the Elf since the return of Fengel and Durgil, with the Éothraim's sister, was the relative quiet coming from across the river. The two men had recounted how they had slain a number of guards to get within the camp, and then stole away with one of the apparent prize women of Harizän's stable. The Sindar did not care to use such terms when it came to addressing another person, especially a lady, but it was evident that Gléowyn had been prized, otherwise she would have been amongst the others that were tied to posts in the paddock.

Because she was so prized, why no retaliation from the Easterling barbarian? Why no display of power for the stealthy intrusion of his camp and the slaying of some of his people?

The mage made his thoughts known to his friends, "Fengel... why do you think we have seen no sign of outrage from the Sagath for your incursion last eve? What do you believe they are planning?"

As the quartet continued their path into the town, in another part of the small city, a group of masked men soaked unlit torches in a small barrel of oil. Once they had thoroughly saturated each brand, they gathered for one more word from their leader.

"Remember," said the man from behind the black cloth that draped his face, leaving only his eyes to be seen. "We light our torches only when we approach the wagons. Once lit, each of you are to run into the midst of the group and toss your burden onto anything that will burn. Those of you that are carrying the oil pails, you splash everything you can. We torch bearers will then make sure that the night is lit up!"

Those around him nodded, "Once done, you disperse into the night and find your way back here as discreetly as you can."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Feb 28, 2008, 07:46 PM

"Remember," said the man from behind the black cloth that draped his face, leaving only his eyes to be seen. "We light our torches only when we approach the wagons. Once lit, each of you are to run into the midst of the group and toss your burden onto anything that will burn. Those of you that are carrying the oil pails, you splash everything you can. We torch bearers will then make sure that the night is lit up!"

Those around him nodded, "Once done, you disperse into the night and find your way back here as discreetly as you can."

OOC: That's probably not good. :(

Palandil

Fengel hadn't really thought much about that.  And now he began to fear that they might be planning something.  "I was so glad to see Gleowyn that I really didn't think about that.  Do you sense any of the fell magic or creatures that are in Harizan's company?"  He grabbed Dirnhael by the shoulder, "We should hurry as much as we can."

GandalfOfBorg

"I have no doubt they know who did it, but either Harizan hasn't been informed or he's just biding his time.  There is probably a special surprise planned just for us.  Vigiliance from here out, my friends."
Gwaithlim Weapons

tomcat

Mar 02, 2008, 02:07 PM #22 Last Edit: Mar 02, 2008, 02:09 PM by tomcat
The companions entered into the town again as rain began to fall. It took very little time before their outer cloaks were sodden and each was uncomfortable from the clinging of their clothes. The streets of Ilanin were quickly emptying as folk rushed to find shelter from the weather and settled in for the night. Darkness fell quickly due to the inclimate weather, and the Company were only able to find their way by the glow of windows. On occassions, they would pass by other shadowy forms - either townsfolk or a passing sentry - and a grunt of acknowledgment was the only cordiallity they received.

All was quiet... even from the Sagath who seemed to have ended the task of moving wains over the river.

[OOC:] Actions and / or Dialogue? What do you guys want to do?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

OOC: I suppose it's time to ask one of these sentries if Patrel's on duty... or at the drinkery. ;)

Palandil

GandalfOfBorg

Mar 04, 2008, 06:44 PM #25 Last Edit: Mar 04, 2008, 06:47 PM by GandalfOfBorg
Durgil saunters over to one of the sentries.  "Fine night, my good man, a fine night.  I've got a silver penny for you and your lads to drink to your health if you can tell me which inn the breeder of the finest horses might dine this eve?"
Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Mar 04, 2008, 06:44 PM
Durgil saunters over to one of the sentries.  "Fine night, my good man, a fine night.  I've got a silver penny for you and your lads to drink to your health if you can tell me which inn the breeder of the finest horses might dine this eve?"

OOC: Is Durgil doing his thing while Dirnhael and Fengel are in another part of town searching for Patrel? Whatever's good - just getting it straight in my head. :)

GandalfOfBorg

Gwaithlim Weapons

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Mar 05, 2008, 07:17 PM
OOC: I'm with you guys.

OOC: Sounds good.

While Durgil diplomatically pressed the flesh for Gleowyn's steed, Dirnhael intended to ensure that he and Fengel used their more - well, less, really - refined method of discussion. The two warriors, drawn to their full height, begin to ask the constables for Patrel, requesting his immediate attention. Now, with the possibility of retribution at hand, Dirnhael intended to impress the need for urgency upon those that he talked to.

tomcat

The sentry first looked at Durgil, who held forth the silver penny, "Your pardon sir, but it would be unfair for me to take your coin. I can only tell you that the merchant 'vans that come into town, well the horse breeders are usually in the north camp. To be honest though, they tend to come in the fall... after a summer of strenghening their beasts." He then looked to Dirnhael, "As for Patrel, he is off-duty and you'd most likely find him at the Flo. That's where he likes to take his bit of ale."

With nods the two sentries began to continue on their way, "You may want to find some shelter yourselves... weather looks to be getting worse before it'll be better. Rivers gotta rise before it can come back down, as my pap used to say."

The companions watched as the guards moved off, each wondering if the man's quote held any sense, and then they too continued on their way. Durgil knew of the Ebb and Flo's location down by the river and so led the way.

[OOC:] Do you all head to the Flo? Let me know...