• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 04:42 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Lord Mayor of Ilanin

Started by tomcat, Oct 04, 2007, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

Durgil steals himself against the beast's power, unwilling to yield.
TN 15 Willpower - (6+4)+2+3 Courage=15

He hears his friend's words but shows no sign of acknowledgement, his eyes smoldering upon the dishonorable creature near him.  The last to follow Dirnhael out, he looks once more to the mayor, to the sorceror, and back to the mayor.  "And I thought it would take longer... it appears you have been so judged."  At that, he about-faces and retreats amidst the silence of the court soon broken as he exits the main doors.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Palandil

Willpower TN 15
bearing +2
Roll(2d6)+2: 2,5,+2 +6 courage Total:15  Had to do it or else the dwarf would have had to go back and take Fengel by the hand.  :-[

Intimidate, Power
Roll(2d6)+5: 5,2,+5 Total:12 Don't know if I needed to do this or if it is good enough to work.

Fengel walks over to stand before Koskas, eye to eye.  "Your time will come foul creature.  We struck down your kin like the dog that he was and so shall you fall."  He spat out his words through grit teeth hoping for a reaction that he might lobe off his head.  Fengel then backed out the door keeping his eyes locked with Koskas.  With one last word to the mayor, "You have lost trade with the west, I assure you."

OOC: Do we know that this is Koskas?  If not then Fengel will just address Korman.

tomcat

[OOC:] Hey Paul, yea... you guys know this is Koskas.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The Company walks out of the opulent home and back into the summer day - already the heat was becoming unbearable. Edrahil spoke to his companions, "You know that they will not let us out of this town - not alive anyway. I fear that with Koskas securing the Mayor of this town to inactivity, through intimidation, that he will also secure license for his people to do most anything... that includes slaying us no matter if we are in the city limits or not."

They continued to walk from Ulvanin to where they stood outside the keep, looking south towards the city proper - already the wains of the Easterlings were begining to grow in numbers on the western side of the Carnen.

[OOC:] Actions and/or dialogue?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 28, 2007, 05:02 PM
The Company walks out of the opulent home and back into the summer day - already the heat was becoming unbearable. Edrahil spoke to his companions, "You know that they will not let us out of this town - not alive anyway. I fear that with Koskas securing the Mayor of this town to inactivity, through intimidation, that he will also secure license for his people to do most anything... that includes slaying us no matter if we are in the city limits or not."

They continued to walk from Ulvanin to where they stood outside the keep, looking south towards the city proper - already the wains of the Easterlings were begining to grow in numbers on the western side of the Carnen.

It did seem that they had been outmaneuvered. It seemed likely to Dirnhael that the Easterlings would be coming for them, and quickly.
"We need to leave - now - in any direction. We need a distraction."
He thought of the merchants that they had befriended...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: DirnhaelHe thought of the merchants that they had befriended...

[OOC:] I was wondering if you guys were going to make any use of your ew 'friend'.  ;D

Palandil

"We can not just leave Dirnhael.  As I have said, there may be more of my kin held captive in that camp, and I will not leave until we have set them free.  Perhaps we should speak with that merchant, Denn.  Maybe he would be willing to speak with the mayor and gain us the aid we need.  Denn may also be able to find us a place to remain unseen while the easterlings move out."

sdrotar

Quote from: Palandil on Oct 29, 2007, 09:21 AM
"We can not just leave Dirnhael.  As I have said, there may be more of my kin held captive in that camp, and I will not leave until we have set them free.  Perhaps we should speak with that merchant, Denn.  Maybe he would be willing to speak with the mayor and gain us the aid we need.  Denn may also be able to find us a place to remain unseen while the easterlings move out."

Dirnhael considered his friend's words.
He was right, of course, but this needed to be balanced against the fact that if they tarried too long, the land of the Eothraim might be overrun, and whoever they may be able to free would find themselves with no home to return to.

"We should consult with the locals; find a place to hide until the Easterlings have moved out, and then release the prisoners. Even if they take them with, they will be slow and undoubtedly trailing the war-carts. But we must think ahead - when we release them, we will need horses or wagons to speed them to safety - and then we will need to be on our way if we are to overtake the Easterling force."

GandalfOfBorg

Durgil remained quiet during the conversation -- he would follow Dirnhael's lead in this.  What galled him so much though was the apparent lack of concern and courage by the mayor; a Dunadan lord would never leave his people to such a fate.  It wasn't a wonder to him now why they called it the 'Wild Lands' in his homeland.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

"Aye, and once we free theprisoners we can bedevil the easterlings along their trail."

Palandil

"If Denn is able to acquire aid from the mayor we may even have an army to block Harizan,s escape and put an end to his terror.  Do not forget Dirnhael my people were attacked unawares when Harizan came.  We now have Thuidmar and his army.  The vengeance of the Eorthraim riders will be terrible.  There may be no one alive for us to fight when we arrive."

sdrotar

Quote from: Palandil on Oct 30, 2007, 11:06 AM
"If Denn is able to acquire aid from the mayor we may even have an army to block Harizan,s escape and put an end to his terror.  Do not forget Dirnhael my people were attacked unawares when Harizan came.  We now have Thuidmar and his army.  The vengeance of the Eorthraim riders will be terrible.  There may be no one alive for us to fight when we arrive."

He clapped his hand on Fengel's shoulder with a wolfish grin. "I hope it is so, my friend - but I prefer not to trust to hope alone."

He looked back to the sprawling estate on the hill; the look on his face was one of utter disdain.
"I would not expect any help from the ruling class of this town; those who live for money are too easy to control. But the people... they have seen what Harizan has wrought."
He felt a chill climb up his spine when he recalled the nightmarish figure in black. He could only imagine the fear that gripped this village.

"The people... they have something to lose. So we must explain what they stand to gain by assisting us. We do not need soldiers so much as we need time. These people are merchants - we must find those that might be able to provide us with that precious commodity."