• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:13 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Lord Mayor of Ilanin

Started by tomcat, Oct 04, 2007, 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Oct 08, 2007, 05:09 PM
Durgil snorts at Dirnhael's statement.

OOC: Was that a "ha, ha" snort or a "you're a idiot" snort? ;)
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Oh definitely the former. :]
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Nikitas

"What?!... A merchant?" Galudir was finally roused from his stupor. The young rouge was impetuous, but that is not a sign of courage. The matter with that dark presence last night still clung to his waking thoughts so that most of the Company's discussion had past by him. Now though, coming back to his senses he choose to intervene. "Surely not a merchant. He would travel with a baggage train a league long." Galudir did not put much faith in merchants, at least not for such dangerous tasks, for it was not too long ago that his former band preyed on them. He had not forgotten the caravans' cowardice and leisurely pace.

"Let me go alone to the Eothraim. I can move faster alone and if it should come to it I could hide more ably as well. Besides, I would be little use here other than an extra sword, my loose etiquette is not for the halls of kings or even mayors." With a deliberate pause and a poorly hidden smirk Galudir continued, "Of course if our friend Edrahil should choose to aid my trip by granting me his fine steed until I should return that would be to this town's benefit."

tomcat

Oct 11, 2007, 04:52 PM #18 Last Edit: Oct 14, 2007, 07:30 PM by tomcat
Edrahil smiled sadly, as he whispered, "The lack of faith in your own."

He then looked up to meet his companions' eyes, "Thermon's plan is sound. We should commence soon or the day will get away from us. And yes Thermon, you may take my horse."
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Oct 15, 2007, 02:41 PM #19 Last Edit: Oct 16, 2007, 04:28 PM by sdrotar
"Then it is decided," Dirnhael said.
"Ride well, Thermon - and take no chances. We will meet you as soon as we can, and with whatever help we can muster."

Dirnhael thought he would draw himself a quick bath, if possible - it wouldn't hurt to get cleaned up before requesting an audience with the lord of Ilanin.

tomcat

[OOC:] Hey Shawn, you guys are already back at the Inn. In fact, you have been there all night. After the wraith passed through, you guys went back to your rooms and waited until morning. Durgil has already been prepping himself for the visit to the mayor's court - as have the rest of you.

Anyway, we'll keep the post as is, but you don't need to play on the trip back anymore.

I am typing the new post now.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

The Company finished preparing themselves for the new day and gathered their things. It was not certain whether or not they would be back to the River Cross, but it was decided that Crolm would not yet be told of any departure. As a group, the companions entered the common room which had an oppressed feel to it and people stared about at one another while speaking in whispers. Food was brought out by one of the house's servants and they quietly dined.

Once done, Galudir stood and walk out to the stabling yard to have Edrahil's horse prepared. A clamour caught the rogue's attention as he stood by the steed's flank, depositing some of his gear into a saddlebag. He turned in the direction of the sound and saw down the road as a great wain drawn by two long-haired ponies was pulled off one of the barges with a clatter. The man grimaced to see that all three river barges were being employed and they were slowly drawing the battle-wagons of Harizän across the Carnen. The town square was filled with a large ring of townsfolk as they watched and wondered who would be the victim of such a force... surely not themselves!

A few Easterlings yelled out in their foreign tongue, commanding and organizing the wains as they came across. While Galudir watched, the rest of the Company came to see what the noise was about. Edrahil looked on and then spoke, "If we are to have any benefit of the river, we must make contact with the Lord Mayor as quickly as possible. Otherwise Thuidmar and the rest of Fengel's folk will face a well-rested and prepared army!"

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Oct 16, 2007, 03:10 PM
[OOC:] Hey Shawn, you guys are already back at the Inn. In fact, you have been there all night. After the wraith passed through, you guys went back to your rooms and waited until morning. Durgil has already been prepping himself for the visit to the mayor's court - as have the rest of you.

Anyway, we'll keep the post as is, but you don't need to play on the trip back anymore.

I am typing the new post now.

OOC: Post modified/fixed. Thanks for the clarification.

Palandil

Seeing the Easterling army already making their advancement, Fengel cursed under his breath.  He put a hand on Thermon's shoulder, "Ride hard my friend."

sdrotar

Quote from: Palandil on Oct 16, 2007, 04:43 PM
Seeing the Easterling army already making their advancement, Fengel cursed under his breath.  He put a hand on Thermon's shoulder, "Ride hard my friend."

"Indeed. May the winds speed your passage."
He turned to Durgil and smiled grimly. "Let's hope your words can get us into this city's good graces."

Stefan

Adding to Durgil's words Nain speaks in a whisper.

"And we'd better hope that they're as good at fighting as they are at milling around."

tomcat

The companions watched as Galudir rode away down the street and then turned their attention back to the Easterlings - another barge had come to shore and again a wagon was being offloaded. They only looked for a few minutes before exchanging a glance and moving off on their own mission, to see the Lord Mayor of Ilain - Korman Palagard.

They followed the street out of the main city proper and continued along its curved path as it took them to the large fortification called Uvlanin. The structure was a combination of earthen ramparts, timber exterior walls, and then an inner wall of stone. These defenses surrounded a large inner courtyard where sat an elegant looking mansion, barracks and stable - all in all, a quite formidable defense against a simple siege that this region would expect. There was no way that Uvlanin could stave off any great war machines that did the Dúnedain fortresses of old, such as Minas Tirith.

Still, Korman would feel quite safe within his walls.

After their long walk, the Company at last made it to the gates - there stood four sentries armed with long polearm spears and swords on their belts. Upon the battlements above, archers were plainly evident in intervals and watched each person that approached.

A shout came to the companions, "Stand to and state your business!"

GandalfOfBorg

"We seek an audience with the Mayor of Ilvanin, representing the people of Thuidmar and mayhaps his own.  Tidings we bear and counsel that the Lord Mayor should hear sooner rather than later.  Names you may give are five: Fengel of the Eothraim, a captain of Thuidmar; Dirnhael, knight errant of Arthedain; Edrahil of Lindon; Nain of the Blue Mountains; and, I am Durgil, a lord of Arthedain," the young Dunadan says with a slight bow.

Persuade (Charm) - (6+1)+1+2=10
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Oct 17, 2007, 05:57 PM
"We seek an audience with the Mayor of Ilvanin, representing the people of Thuidmar and mayhaps his own.  Tidings we bear and counsel that the Lord Mayor should hear sooner rather than later.  Names you may give are five: Fengel of the Eothraim, a captain of Thuidmar; Dirnhael, knight errant of Arthedain; Edrahil of Lindon; Nain of the Blue Mountains; and, I am Durgil, a lord of Arthedain," the young Dunadan says with a slight bow.

Persuade (Charm) - (6+1)+1+2=10

Dirnhael follows suit, bowing along with Durgil. The young man's way with words to strangers never ceased to amaze him - much like his elegant sister Ioreth, so very far away from him.

Palandil

Fengel did not realize his contempt toward this Lord Mayor and his troops.  But now faced with seeking their aid, he now felt his distaste at their apparent lack of concern for his people.  Trading and making a profit while his own were killed or brought through Ilanin as slaves.  He had to struggle within himself to not appear angry, though bow he did not.