• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:13 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Ilanin by night

Started by tomcat, Aug 09, 2007, 07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Aug 20, 2007, 06:21 AM #15 Last Edit: Aug 20, 2007, 07:07 AM by tomcat
Nain saw that Edrahil had followed him out and was standing just behind him in the shadows of the porch. The Dwarf looked left and then right and saw nothing but the empty street. Wherever the two men went, it had been rapid and so he assumed that they ducked into an alley.

Edrahil cocked his head to the side and listened to the night. The Elf looked to his left in the direction of mumbling voices.

[OOC:] Nain and Edrahil needs to give me Stealth (Sneak) test roll and must overcome the Opposed Hear rolls I made for the Minstrel and the Easterling below.

Edrahil's Observe (Hear) test:
Observe +4
Roll(2d6)+4: 5,6,+4 Total:15 SWEET! SUCCESS (Edrahil knows the direction)

Edrahil's Stealth (Sneak) test roll
Stealth +7
Roll(2d6)+7: 5,3,+7 Total:15

Easterling's Observe (Hear)
Observe +6, Specialty +2
Roll(2d6)+8: 5,1,+8 Total:14

Minstrel's Observe (Hear)
Observe +8, Specialty +2
Roll(2d6)+10: 3,5,+10 Total:18 SUCCESS - heard Edrahil
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

OOC: This thread'll teach me never to assume it's bedtime again.  :(
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

[OOC:] Yea but just think about how good and well-rested Dirnhael will feel in the morning... everyone else will be cranky and maybe bleeding.  (D
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

OOC: Nain is always cranky, it's a dwarf thing :)
Stealth (Sneak) test roll
Stealth +2
Roll(2d6)+2: 3,2,+2 Total:7

IC: Nain, not being built for stealth, jingled and clattered as he stepped out the front door of the inn.  He stopped on the steps which silenced most of the cacauphony but he was fairly certain that the damamge had already been done.

tomcat

Edrahil and Nain moved onto the street towards a dark alley that the Elf was sure where the two had gone - unfortunately his short friend was unable to move with stealth. The Sindar heard the conversation as it came to a quick close...

"... four men, an Elf, and a Dwarf," said a youthful voice. "Eh? What's that... someone's coming."

The two companions got to the end of the dark alley and peered down it only to see the shadowy shapes of two figures run to its opposite end and turn right towards the river.

Fengel needed to see more and so he decided to wake his friend, "Dirnhael... sorry to wake you but I must go find another vantage to see what our enemy is up to, but I did not want to leave you alone and unaware."

sdrotar

Dirnhael awoke with a start. He had slept for a few hours - more than they often got in the field - and regretted that Fengel did not.
"What did you see?" he asked, his sharpness of mind returning by the second.
He quickly put on the rest of his armor and reached for Vorandur as Fengel replied.

GandalfOfBorg

"Well I really think we all could use a drink," he says trying to gently impress upon her than they should be somewhere else to continue the conversation.

Persuade (Charm) - (6+3)+3+2=14
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Palandil

Fengel went back to the window, "I saw what looked like a company approaching from the east of Harizän's camp.  We should go outside for a better view?"

Nikitas

Galudir merely smiled and allowed Durgil to guide the girl away from the crowd. He hoped to ask her some questions about the Easterlings, their habits, and quite ways to cross the river. The merchant back at the inn was helpful, but this lady gave Galudir the impression that her long nights along the river bank would have given her ample opportunity to learn all sorts of secrets about the Easterlings behavior.

sdrotar

Quote from: Palandil on Aug 21, 2007, 12:02 PM
Fengel went back to the window, "I saw what looked like a company approaching from the east of Harizän's camp.  We should go outside for a better view?"

Dirnhael nodded. "We need to find the others," he said.

Stefan

Nain turned to the elf as the two humans disappeared into the darkness.

"Sorry friend, Dwarves weren't built fer sneakin'. Did ye hear anything they were talking about?"

tomcat

Aug 24, 2007, 09:53 AM #26 Last Edit: Aug 24, 2007, 04:55 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] I have the entire party separated in two's! MMwwuuaah hha hha!!  >:D

Edrahil looked down at his noisome friend and whispered, "Aye... having a Dwarf move quietly is likened to sculpting a graceful marble statue with a pick axe!"

With a smile and a wink he continued, "The young lad was speaking of us... telling the content of our Company. It seems that mayhaps this young musician was sent to spy on us. What say you?" Without waiting for Nain to answer, Edrahil entered the alley and quickly moved down towards the opposite street. "Come," he said.

The two companions came to the end of the alley and looked down the street in the direction that the minstrel and swarthy  man had turned. Edrahil's keen-eyes saw the young lad, lute upon his back, moving quickly down the street. The Sindar checked his sword to make sure it was loose in its scabbard and then moved to hurry after.

Dirnhael and Fengel also moved out. They quickly descended the stairs to enter into the common room once more only to find it empty of any of their comrades, but still clamorous from the patrons. They moved through the crowd and exited into the warm, stil night air. Outside was quiet and only the occassional passerby was seen.

Fengel knew the direction to the river and moved in that direction to find a vantage point where the Easterling activities could be easily spied.

"Your coin, your time," smiled the girl. "Come... it is this way to the Ebb-n-Flo."

She took Durgil by the hand and began to lead him.

[OOC:] Not sure what or where you want to go with the girl, Matt, so I will wait for a post from you or Nikitas.

Kory, not sure if you guys are wanting to approach the minstrel.

Paul and Shawn - not sure if you guys want to do anything before you get to the river - so I will wait to see if there is any posts. If nothing by tomorrow, I will continue on with what you guys find.

sdrotar

OOC: If the minstrel is alone, and Fengel and Dirnhael can find him, I suggest they approach him now. The two of them make a formidable enough pair for one minstrel... What do you think, "Fengel"?

tomcat

Aug 24, 2007, 11:48 AM #28 Last Edit: Aug 24, 2007, 04:54 PM by tomcat
[OOC:] Hey Shawn, Fengel and Dirnhael do not know anything of the minstrel's peculiar behavior. You two are only aware of the activity that Fengel saw across the river in the Easterling camp... and Fengel wanted to get a better look than what the poured glass was allowing.

I guess my OOC above caused this confusion - I corrected it so you guys can give me your input before I move you to the end locations.

Stefan

Nain grinned at the Elf's analogy but when he took off down the ally after the minstrel he had a moment of doubt.

"Perhaps we should.....aw, hells."

And with that he took of after the elf, jingling like a sleigh.