• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 06:00 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The River Cross Inn

Started by tomcat, Jul 25, 2007, 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Denn's smile broke out once more, "Aye my friend! I too would be wary of one that bought without question, or didn't look for the quality. I promise you... I have no hidden agendas other than to help one man find his sister."

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 06, 2007, 08:41 AM
Denn's smile broke out once more, "Aye my friend! I too would be wary of one that bought without question, or didn't look for the quality. I promise you... I have no hidden agendas other than to help one man find his sister."

"Then we appreciate any help that you may be able to provide. As you can see, the composition of our company tends to invite more attention than we would often prefer."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Nikitas

Aug 06, 2007, 03:04 PM #32 Last Edit: Aug 06, 2007, 03:10 PM by Nikitas
Insight:
2d6= 6,4
Perception (+1), Skill Ranks (+3)
10+1+3= 14

[Edit: Because I accidentally kept the previous dice roll from my copy/paste]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since the members of the company had taken an interest in the merchant, Galudir gladly turned his attention toward his meal and drink. But when the generous burgher offered to help, Galudir was instantly suspicious. No one, Galudir paused in his line of thought, remembering his recent travels with this company, well, almost no one, would risk life and fortune for the sake of strangers. As Dirnhael conversed with the merchant, Galudir focused his attention and attempted to discern the trader's true motives.

Palandil

At Dirnhael's acceptance of the merchant's help, Fengel reached out his hand to the man as a sign of his agreement with the accord.

tomcat

Denn took Fengel's outstretched hand and shook it vigorously causing his jowls to wag as he did. All the while Galudir inspected the merchant and tried to get a read on his intentions.

The rogue was familiar with city life as well as life in desolate regions where men were pitted against nature for survival, and sometimes against one another - even when they were companions. Galudir respected his comrades and the honour that they held before all things; it was the one thing that kept the group as tight knit and reliant as it was, but at times he thought them niave.

This was one of those times.

He saw Denn the merchant as a friendly, good-humoured man who had spent a life growing large on the literal fruits of his labours. He probably had many contacts, even friends, in many places and obviously enjoyed conversation, food and wine. He was not afraid to meet a stranger and divulge personal information or to ask questions that could be considered forward. It was this openess of his character that worried Galudir. The merchant could talk to anyone and reveal the Company and bring danger upon them all. Then again, the man was no fool and did not live this long having such success by making simple mistakes.

It was this dichotomy that created a quandry for Galudir and he wondered if the trust was well placed or his worries unfounded. He decided that he might keep an eye on the merchant's activities until his fears were put to rest.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]