• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 08:43 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Inside Information

Started by tomcat, Apr 26, 2007, 06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

OOC: Is it safe to assume that Fengel and Dirnhael relayed all they learned to the other party members?  :?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

OOC: I would say yes.  I know we didn't really roleplay it that way though.

tomcat

May 04, 2007, 07:31 AM #32 Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 03:48 PM by tomcat
"One last thing that we may be missing here... we assume that open war against the Sagath will be the only way to drive them out, but Fengel's captive mentioned a potential answer... 'as is his wont, Harizän met him in single combat - our commander prides himself in strength of arm and there is nothing he will not offer up when he is directly challenged.' Perhaps it is this pride and arrogance that could be the keystone to bring down the Easterlings' domination of Fengel's lands. What if we were to ignore facing Koskas altogether and make a singular challenge to Harizän with the release of the land as the prize?" the Sindar mage queried all standing there. "Tell me of this Ilanin Fengel."

Fengel went on to describe the town of Ilanin as a major crossroad of trading goods and cultures. The town was a mixture of the folk of Dorwinion, the Éothraim, and men of the east. Though relations were tense between two of the parties, the benefits of free trade and capitalism allowed folk to forget their cultural differences for a time. Currently, due to the invasion by the Sagath, the town was held and its populace was primarily Easterlings, but still its gates were open to all who dared to come within to seek their fortune.**

The Elf gave his final thought on the subject, "Perhaps our rogue friend and any that may accompany him could inconspicuously enter Ilanin and seek out the location where Harizän  keeps his house and his slaves. A challenge could be initiated and while the Easterling is occupied the women are freed."

**Ilanin could be compared to ancient Jerusalem during the crusades with its interactions of Christians, Jews and Muslims. The constant change of rule made the town dangerous for different faiths but still the people intermingled.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

OOC: How long would it take for men to come from Thergas?

tomcat

Quote from: sdrotar on May 03, 2007, 09:04 PMBut today, Dirnhael began to wonder if the blade brought with it a terrible curse.

OOC: Hmmmm..... this is an intersting idea!   :]  >:D

Palandil

Quote from: tomcat on May 04, 2007, 08:51 AM
Quote from: sdrotar on May 03, 2007, 09:04 PMBut today, Dirnhael began to wonder if the blade brought with it a terrible curse.

OOC: Hmmmm..... this is an intersting idea!  :]  >:D

OOC: I don't like the sound of this... :SS

tomcat

Quote from: Palandil on May 04, 2007, 08:49 AMOOC: How long would it take for men to come from Thergas?

OOC: Are you talking about the reinforcements you sent a couple riders to procure? If so, I can't tell you Paul - that will be a story element man. You can expect it to be at least a day and a half with no incident as it is 52 miles round trip to Thergas from Burh Donun, and back.

Needless to say, I can and will only give information that the characters can directly affect. Cool? (Or maybe I should say Sorry.)
  ;)

Palandil

OOC: No, I'm just saying Fengel should know approximately how long it should take to ride there and back.  Not counting of course the time to get the riders assembled.

IC:
"I plan to meet with Harizan.  But first I will rid my lands of the Sagath.  I don't think that Koskas should be left to reek havoc upon my people."  Fengel thought of his sister.  "Harizan will be called out, but he will have nothing here to bargain for.  However, I feel that Burh Donun's only hope is that we meet Koskas head on.  I don't like the odds that we face, but I see no other choice."  Fengel bowed his head in thought.
"Perhaps we should break into two companies and try to use surprise with a flanking maneuver."

sdrotar

Quote from: Stefan on May 04, 2007, 06:38 AM
Nain had been lost in thought after the elf had asked his question and the conversation had been struck up before he'd had a chance to answer.  He'd pondered it for a short while but now there were other things to consider.  Like the Sagath.

"If this is the only band that doesnt return they'll be here fore morning, we should find at least one more and attack them to take away the target."

Dirnhael nodded at Nain's suggestion. If the Company continued to move and attack from different areas, they could make it seem like there were more of them then there really were, confusing the enemy.
At the very least, it would make it difficult for Koskas and his men to discern the Company's path.

"Nain's wisdom holds weight, he said. "At this point, we can expect a return to the town, but going forward, it would be best to strike from shadow; gaining surprise and frustrating any attempts to mount a planned defense."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Palandil

"This man said that Koskas himself will be coming, and I doubt that he will be alone.  There will be no other raiding parties to attack.  And as was said, Burh Donun will suffer even if no Sagath are found here.  We can set an ambush for him and what men he brings but that seems our only option."  Fengel knew that his friends had wisdom in fighting but he didn't see any other way.

Nikitas

May 05, 2007, 10:36 AM #40 Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 02:51 PM by Nikitas
OCC: Sorry all for my lack of participation lately, I've had my spring semester finals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Why should we stay here and fight? Empty this town and send the people on the road to Thergas. We can take the prisoners and leave the afield for Koskas to find. That should delay him for some time and with any hope we can meet the reinforcements from Thergas before Koskas reaches the caravan." Galudir suggested the route not entirely without fear in his heart.

Palandil

Fengel turns to Galudir, "That would be a good idea, except it would take too long to get the villagers together to move.  And Koskas has at least 7 wargs with him.  Not to mention he himself is said to take their form.  My people would be destroyed on the way to Thergas just by the wargs alone."

GandalfOfBorg

Durgil interjects.  "Fengel, these are your people... you know them; they are looking to you, I think.  The day is burning away; a course of action must be decided and quickly.  We are here to follow your lead."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Edrahil nodded in agreement, "Aye... we could debate a course of action all eve. Fengel this is yours to decide."

OOC: I will start a new thread based on what you post Paul.

Palandil

"Then we will ride north from Burh Donun and find a place for an ambush.  We'll form two ranks and attack them from the east and west."  Fengel swung upon Heostor and with a kick to the horses hind quarters the company moved out.  Fengel had his shield and spear at the ready in case they met with wargs sooner then he hoped.