• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:58 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Inside Information

Started by tomcat, Apr 26, 2007, 06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

As quickly as it had started it was over.

The two surviving Sagath warriors saw their leader unhorsed and slammed to the ground and neither knew if he still lived; Dirnhael and Fengel had cut a swath through four of their comrades and they had no more reason to fight, save to die and neither wanted that. Both dropped their weapons and held up their arms in a sign of surrender and looked pleadingly towards the Éothraim and the Company for mercy.

Edrahil continued to manipulate his magic and hoisted the Sagath leader up off the ground to set him teetering back on his feet. He was alive but had had the wind knocked from him and he stood there still stunned by the changes in fate.

OOC: Actions - and/or - dialogue?
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

Fengel turned to survey the battle field.  He was pleased that his plan had worked so well, but that appraisal was diminished upon seeing Bragos' body lying on the ground, spear protruding towards the sky.  His gaze turned to the Sagath leader, his eyes slanted and  fist clenched as he strode toward him.  "You will tell now of all that you know."  His memory flashing back to many conversations with Bragos, and then to his sister, caused him to hate this man before him.  And he would like nothing better than to cut him down where he stood.

tomcat

OOC: I really like Fengel man...   ;)
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Dirnhael watched intently. This was Fengel's play, he thought.
He would help where he could, of course - both with planning and with his sword - but Fengel knew his land and his people.
Dirnhael would monitor instead and only intervene if things spiraled out of control.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

While the others dealt with the captured leader, Durgil, after asking some of the villagers and Galudir to help, collected and bound the remaining prisoners, despoiled them and the dead Sagath, and left the Eothraim to deal with the dead as they saw fit.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Palandil

Quote from: tomcat on Apr 26, 2007, 07:41 AM
OOC: I really like Fengel man...   ;)

OOC: Thank you, I love this character, and your awesome narrating has given me the fuel. :>

tomcat

Apr 26, 2007, 11:47 AM #6 Last Edit: Apr 26, 2007, 11:51 AM by tomcat
The Sagath leader, now prisoner, swayed where he stood and was cowed by the approaching, enraged Éothraim. He looked about to assess his situation and saw that the only other two warriors that lived from his troop were being bound. He then looked back into two hate filled eyes and knew that death was upon him, unless he could save himself. He fell to his knees.

In an accented tongue he cried, "Mercy! Mercy! Please stay your sword and spare a poor slave and his comrades!"

The Sagath fell forward, grovelling at Fengel's feet and the Éothraim warrior thought it distasteful. The man before him had ridden here with the intent of stealing, whether it be food, animals, women, or even children - and now he lay prostrated before him looking for forgiveness. The warrior gripped Cerduil tighter as he looked at Bragos' unmoving form. The Sagath was a thief and a murderer, he was no warrior! He had no honor!

Suddenly the calm voice of Edrahil spoke behind Fengel, "Remember my friend, who you are. He will have a good deal of information that we need to stop the rest of his kind and free your lands." Fengel felt a hand on his shoulder, "Come Fengel, let me tend your wounds while Dirnhael and the others deal with the prisoners. You can speak with them later."

The other Éothraim warriors sat quietly in their saddles awaiting an order, all the while Durgil, Galudir, and Nain saw to the binding of the prisoners. The folk of Burh Donun had also come out and they began to lift the slain - both Bragos and one of Fengel's warriors - leaving the fallen Sagath where they lay until they had shown proper respect to their own dead.

OOC: Actions - and/or - Dialogue?

More to come after I get home tonight. I will definitely get the questions answered for Fengel once proper interrogations commence. Now how do we do that without becoming corrupt?  >:D

Sorry for the last few days delay, I had re-formatted my C: drive, and had to put it back together.

Palandil

The calm voice of the elf penetrated through Fengel's anger.  He looked at the man on the ground before him, and shook his head in disgust.  "Do not hope to mercy, for I am sure that none was given by your hand.  You will however answer all of my questions when the time comes."  Fengel then spat on the ground before the man's face.  He looked to the Eothraim warriors,  "Well done my friends, you have regained honor for our people.  Now come, take this rabble and secure him apart from the others.  Be sure to set a watch of two men."  He then turned to Edrahil, "Come my friend let us get something to quench this thirst. "  Then he saw the elf's blood soaking through his clothes, "You need tending as well!"

Stefan

Nain tied the Sagath then prodded him with the axe so that he would move together with the others.  At then mention of convincing them to talk Nain spoke up, "I've some irons left in the forge if ye'd like to give them a mark or two, something of a reminder of their deeds."

tomcat

OOC: Let's do the healing rolls first:

Edrahil tends to Fengel TN 15 (TN 10 +5 for inadequately equipped*)
Healing +9, Specialty +2, -1 Dazed, +5 Healing Hands
Roll(2d6)+15: 1,3,+15 Total:19 SUCCESS
Restored 14+1 health, character sheet has been updated

Edrahil Stamina test TN 10 for using Healing Hands
Stamina +1, Resolute +1, Tireless +4
Roll(2d6)+6: 3,1,+6 Total:10 SUCCESS

Edrahil tends self TN 15
Healing +9, Specialty +2, -1 Dazed, +5 Healing Hands
Roll(2d6)+15: 3,1,+15 Total:19 SUCCESS
Restored 9+1 health, character sheet has been updated

Edrahil Stamina test TN 10 for using Healing Hands
Stamina +1, Resolute +1, Tireless +4
Roll(2d6)+6: 4,2,+6 Total:12 SUCCESS

I do need Fengel to make a Stamina test TN 5 test resist any potential infection of the plague that still is weakly present in the town.

The prisoners were isolated and left to themselves for the rest of the afternoon, guards posted at the doors where they were kept. During this time, the Company and the folk of Burh Donun saw to the removal of the corpses from the area the battle took place and prepared two great pits where the deceased would be interred. The fallen Sagath and wargs were separated from each other and were irreverantly piled in the hole.

Edrahil and a few of the women saw to both his and Fengel's wounds.

Finally, with the sun sitting in the afternoon sky, the Company all gathered to go and see the captives. Fengel decided he would start with the leader... so as not to waste anymore time.

GandalfOfBorg

The young Dunadan saw the fire within the eyes and heart of Fengel during the battle and it still remained.  "Pay heed to my words friends, be careful of how far you go to get what you want with the prisoners.  I may not have been a man in the King's service for long, but I have seen the good and honorable laid low by overstepping the bounds of what they held above all and paid dearly for it.  We are not orcs, nor are we even them and so must prove it in both deed and action," counseled Durgil.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Apr 28, 2007, 02:03 AM #11 Last Edit: Apr 28, 2007, 02:05 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Apr 27, 2007, 05:22 PM
The young Dunadan saw the fire within the eyes and heart of Fengel during the battle and it still remained.  "Pay heed to my words friends, be careful of how far you go to get what you want with the prisoners.  I may not have been a man in the King's service for long, but I have seen the good and honorable laid low by overstepping the bounds of what they held above all and paid dearly for it.  We are not orcs, nor are we even them and so must prove it in both deed and action," counseled Durgil.

"Our youthful friend speaks the truth," Dirnhael offered softly. "Be certain not to become what you have beheld."

Dirnhael had a thought. He placed an arm around Fengel's shoulder, leaned in closely and whispered an alternative. The Sagath had seen the tall Dunadan quickly cut down four of their comrades without so much as a scratch, even though luck had played a role. Nevertheless,  the Sagath were still not likely to fear Dirnhael's wrath like they would - and should - Fengel's...

OOC: Palandil, Dirnhael has a decent Intimidation (Power) skill and the Inquire (Converse) skill. Since the captured Sagath are probably convinced (and rightly so) that Fengel would just as soon mow them down as look at them, perhaps a little "good cop, bad cop" is in order here?  8)

Palandil

Fengel nodded to Durgil's words as Dirnhael spoke.  "Yes, Dirnhael you may be able to get them to speak.  I will go in to the leader first and speak quickly.  Then you will have a time to open his mouth.  But know this, I will not wait long."   He looks to Durgil, who could see the pain in his eyes, "Sometimes men must do and be things they would other wise never, especially to save their own people.  I will do what I must."  With that Fengel turned and walked to the place where the leader was held.

Stamina test TN:5
Roll(2d6)+3: 6,6,+3 Total:15  Roll(1d6)+15: 4,+15 Total:19
How's that for Fengel's stamina?

sdrotar

Apr 29, 2007, 07:18 PM #13 Last Edit: Apr 29, 2007, 07:19 PM by sdrotar
Dirnhael was concerned for his friend Fengel. Though the Eothraim had always been hot-tempered, he had also been Dirnhael's fiercest ally and supporter in their travels.
He understood Fengel's rage; it was even justified. Dirnhael was once much like him - but also he knew that such anger could consume a man entirely before he noticed it happening, as it almost did him as an orphaned child so many ways ago.

When the time came, Dirnhael entered the small thatched hut where the prisoners were kept. He had Vorandur drawn, and as he sat in front of them, he said nothing as he casually twirled the blade's tip into the hard ground, leaving dusty spiral patterns in the dirt. His eyes never left the prisoners', and eventually, they narrowed as he spoke.
"You are fortunate that my Eothraim friend is not here, but you are also unfortunate - because I am."
He stood, drawing himself to his full height, and raised Vorandur from the ground, taking care that they saw the impressive array of Elvish handiwork down the length of the steel.
"You will tell me all that you know - now -  or I will leave and let this village know that they may... reclaim this hut for their own. It is my guess that you would then cry for the swift release of this blade."

Intimidate (Power) +7 (OOC: Any bonuses for advantageous position?)
Roll(2d6)+7: 4,5,+7 Total:16

Palandil

OOC: I should have posted this before Dirnhael.  sorry..

IC: Fengel took two of the Eothraim warriors into the hut with him.  He circled the Sagath leader once then stopped behind him.  "What you have done already requires death in our eyes.  But we are not without understanding.  You have said you were merely following orders and so some of the burden for what you have done may be placed upon the head of your leader.  It depends on your cooperation.  You will be asked many questions, and your life depends on quick answers." Fengel spoke softly.  He then walked around to face the man, and stared into his eyes.  "I assume you were one of the men to invade Buhr Donun in the beginning.  Tell me what you have done with the women and children you have taken.  Tell me of the homestead south of here, were a man was dragged by one of your chariots and his wife taken?"

Intimidate Power
skill+1; Brg+2
Roll(2d6)+3: 5,3,+3 Total:11