• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 07:05 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Dirnhael's plan

Started by tomcat, Mar 19, 2007, 07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

Quote from: DirnhaelDirnhael knew that Easterlings were often mercenaries, working for whomever had the deepest pockets and asking few questions. Dirnhael obviously didn't relate to such people, and thinking like they did was a nigh-impossible task for him. Fortunately, he knew someone who did.

"Thermon," he asked coyly, "please come with me and Eorlas. I need your... unique talents."

OOC: Shawn left us hanging with this and although he has given me a little insight as to what he needed from Thermon, I am going to leave it to him and the rest of you players that are still back at Thergas to give me an idea of what is going on there.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Mar 19, 2007, 01:35 PM #1 Last Edit: Mar 19, 2007, 01:37 PM by sdrotar
Dirnhael led Thermon back to Eorlas' room and started to spread the hand-drawn maps across the table.
He looked to Thermon, "Eorlas can explain our tactical situation; where our enemies camp and where they travel. What I need from you... is the location of Fengel's sister."

He ignored the look of protest on Thermon's face and continued. "I do not mean to offend, and I will not question what you have done in a former life, as you have been a boon companion."
Dirnhael remembered when he met the man - he had hidden Vorandur in lieu of payment, and Dirnhael knew that he might never have found it. But he had given the man his share of the coins they received from King Bain - he had repaid his debt. Nevertheless...

"You have some idea where to keep things of value - things you do not wish discovered. That is what the captured are to the Easterlings; whether they are slaves or bargaining chips, they have value, and their captors would not want their location discovered by the Eothraim.

"I need a place to start."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Nikitas

OCC: Sorry for the delay. Do I need to roll for this kind of thing or can I freely write something up?

tomcat

Quote from: Nikitas on Mar 20, 2007, 11:33 PMOCC: Sorry for the delay. Do I need to roll for this kind of thing or can I freely write something up?

OOC: Feel free to make an Insight test and add to it an affinity bonus of +1 for Legerdemain, Stealth, and Observe... so in essence a +3. You can then freely write up as you please, but I may add some more information based on the results of your roll.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Nikitas

Mar 21, 2007, 10:47 PM #4 Last Edit: Mar 21, 2007, 11:04 PM by Nikitas
Insight Test:
2d6= 1,3
Perception (+1), Skill Ranks (+3), Affinity(Legerdemain) (+1), Affinity(Stealth) (+1), Affinity(Observe) (+1)
4+1+3+1+1+1= 11
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, Eorlas had no knowledge of Fengel's sister, this leads me to believe that she is not being held for ransom and considering that the Easterlings have been rampaging across these lands for so long, they must have collected many slaves. It is just as likely that she was sold off or sent back east as it is that she is still here."

Galudir paused then, deeply in thought, "But then I recall something Eorlas said, that Eoman may have been dragged by one of Harizän's chariots. That tyrant may have sought retribution even after his death, possibly taking Gléowyn as a personal servant."

The rogue looked up from the map as he addressed Dirnhael, "If anywhere within our reach, Fengel's sister would be close to Harizän and likely not hidden, at least not from his own people, she would be a trophy for all to see. Obviously she would be locked up in his stronghold, but unless I can observe his home I cannot guess where she is kept."

BrianM

Edrahil stood outside the building that housed the sick and dying. Those within had been made as comfortable as he could make them. Some could still drink, and for them he had made a broth of herbs that would bring on a calming sleep. The healer felt the weight of guilt descend upon him. All he could do for these people now was make their passing a painless one. They were all too far gone. If only he had arrived sooner, but there was nothing he could do to amend that.

The elf thought of what Eorlas had said. The easterlings who were their enemies suffered from the plague as well. How would he react if he came upon them now? If he could, would he be willing to part with some of the precious Ephanial to save the life of an enemy? Were these easterlings truly evil at heart, or were they under the influence of another more sinister power?

Catching the attention of a nearby warrior, the elf said with heavy heart, "There is not much time left for those within. The bodies must be burned to prevent the disease from spreading. I will tell you when the time has arrived." With that he wandered back to where Dirnhael was making his plans with Thermon. Perhaps he could be of more use there.

tomcat

Quote from: Nikitas on Mar 21, 2007, 10:47 PM
Insight Test:
2d6= 1,3
Perception (+1), Skill Ranks (+3), Affinity(Legerdemain) (+1), Affinity(Stealth) (+1), Affinity(Observe) (+1)
4+1+3+1+1+1= 11
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, Eorlas had no knowledge of Fengel's sister, this leads me to believe that she is not being held for ransom and considering that the Easterlings have been rampaging across these lands for so long, they must have collected many slaves. It is just as likely that she was sold off or sent back east as it is that she is still here."

Galudir paused then, deeply in thought, "But then I recall something Eorlas said, that Eoman may have been dragged by one of Harizän's chariots. That tyrant may have sought retribution even after his death, possibly taking Gléowyn as a personal servant."

The rogue looked up from the map as he addressed Dirnhael, "If anywhere within our reach, Fengel's sister would be close to Harizän and likely not hidden, at least not from his own people, she would be a trophy for all to see. Obviously she would be locked up in his stronghold, but unless I can observe his home I cannot guess where she is kept."

OOC: Based on the 11 Insight result, I would say that that is a very good opinion presented by Galuidr. I have nothing else to add for you guys to work up any new plans.

sdrotar

Quote from: Nikitas on Mar 21, 2007, 10:47 PM
Insight Test:
2d6= 1,3
4+1+3+1+1+1= 11

Dirnhael was delighted. The rogue's analysis was more thoughtful than he could have hoped for, and if Thermon was right, Gléowyn was not only alive, but likely safe - relatively speaking.
"Thank you," he said. "Fengel and Durgil will soon return, and then we can plot our next move."
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun