• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 05:58 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Thergas

Started by tomcat, Mar 05, 2007, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikitas

OOC: Should I still roll that earlier Willpower test?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Though at first willing to fight, the sorry state of Thergas brought many doubts to Galudir's mind. Whereas the rogue was genuinely cowed in the majestic court of the Dwarf King, there was a certain informality in stronghold that loosed his tongue. "Excuse me, Fengel, but perhaps you should consider exactly what can be accomplished here. Find your kin, certainly, but what then? Before sitting at a council for war you might entertain other options, such as refuge in other lands."

tomcat

OOC: Don't worry about the willpower test Nikitas... the intimidate test was kind of unecessary.

Great post man! I love the way this character thinks.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

Fengel turned to Galudir and saw the doubt in his eyes.  "We have always had to fight for our land, and indeed if it were just for land I too would consider your counsel.  But tell me, would you so easily consider leaving if your own loved ones had been taken into slavery or perhaps worse.  No, the Sagath have brought the fight to us, but they have not considered our strength well enough."  Fengel looked at all of his friends, "As was said before, you all graciously agreed to accompany me on my journey home, but to join in defending my people you have no other obligation.  Those of you who wish to avoid this conflict may journey to Buhr Alge and await any that would stay and fight.  But don't let your hearts be troubled, we have defended a castle with only a hand full against multitudes of orcs and even stared into the face of a dragon, this will be just another grand adventure we will pass on for generations." He finished with a smile.  Fengel hoped that his optimistic out look would encourage his friends to stay.  With them at his side he felt he had the strength to fight no matter what they encountered.
Fengel turned back to Eorlas, "How long ago have you sent for Thuidmar?"

tomcat

Mar 08, 2007, 12:00 PM #18 Last Edit: Mar 08, 2007, 12:02 PM by tomcat
"I have stated it before to Dirnhael, and as I have served the Dúnedain, so will I assist your people in their time of need - for the common cause against the Shadow; for friendship; for love. We have endured a long road together Fengel and it has created binds that tie," said Edrahil. "I cannot speak for our fellow companions, but I cannot believe that any of us would refuse you this. So I say, instead of your worrying about whether we are behind you, instead let us put that energy into finding your sister and to driving this enemy from your land."

A grim look fell on Edrahil's face, "These Sagath have had their day of squandering the fruits of your people... let them now meet their newly arrived neighbors." The aura of the Elf, that common men might call magic, flared about the Sindar and made all in the chamber stare in awe.

OOC: Edrahil casts Evoke Awe to stir all the hearts of those present:

Evoke Awe TN 10
Willpower +3, The Art +2, Stron-willed +2, Resolute +1
Roll(2d6)+8: 4,2,+8 Total:14
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

GandalfOfBorg

Embolded by the elf, Durgil speaks.  "None of Arthedain would sit idly by to let the evil men of the East pillage Free Folk anywhere.  I have to agree, though, with Edrahil, we need to measure with our own eyes what is set against us."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

BrianM

Mar 08, 2007, 03:52 PM #20 Last Edit: Mar 08, 2007, 03:59 PM by BrianM
OOC Cool spell and great speach Tomcat ... very fitting for Edrahil in this situation. I'm back now with a few spare moments and I've just caught up with everyone's posts.

IC

Edrahil hoped that his presence would give the warriors hope, and the courage to allow them to make a wise plan of action. But he knew that his skills were best used elsewhere at the moment. He turned to Eorlas, "With your leave, I will see to those afflicted with the wet sickness. I am a healer with some experience treating this malady."

Stefan

Nain was a little annoyed at the Elf's words.  They were always using tha flowery speach on people trying to convince them to do things that the should already be doing.  It just seemed pointless to him. 

"As if there was any question.  We'll stay and help ye as ye've helped us all.  Now to more important matters, is there a forge in this place?  What sort of metals do ye have to work with?  If we're going te be fightin' battles we're going to need to be prepared." 

tomcat

Mar 09, 2007, 05:55 AM #22 Last Edit: Mar 09, 2007, 11:31 AM by tomcat
To Edrahil, Eorlas speaks,"We welcome any healing skills the Elves can bring in these times. Gareth will show you."

With a nod Fengel's cousin leads Edrahil from the room leaving the Thergas commander with the remaining Company members. He looked to Fengel, "To answer your question, we sent riders west to Burh Alge with the onset of spring... so maybe sixty days ago. They were the last riders I could spare."

Then to Nain, "The smiths have finished for the night Master Dwarf, but feel free to visit the forge... it is the second structure down from here."

tomcat

Mar 09, 2007, 03:33 PM #23 Last Edit: Mar 09, 2007, 04:07 PM by tomcat
Dirnhael looked to Fengel, "What is your wish Fengel, to seek out your sister or to take up with these warriors and combat the Sagath? I feel that the latter will consume a great amount of time... and that lost time will make the search for your sister more difficult. Who knows when, or if, she was taken by the raiders, but if she was then the trail has grown very cold and the more time we spend it will become that much colder."

Dirnhael did not want to think in terms of finality; it was better to maintain a belief that the woman was alive for his friend's sake. He hoped that this did not prove to be in vain. "Mayhaps she resides even now within these walls... in any case, you have my support."

For all the pomp that had been bestowed him of knight and the apparent leader of their Company, Dirnhael was a warrior. His had been a martial life and like the overrun lands of Cardolan from whence he came, Fengel's home was no different and he had taken a personal affront to these invaders.

Dirnhael placed a hand on Vorandúr... he was ready for action.

Palandil

Fengel thought hard about what Dirnhael said.  Hoping that his sister took refuge in Thergas he asked Eorlas, "My sister and her husband abandoned our homestead when the Sagath invaded.  Have refuges come to Thergas?  My sister is Gleowyn and her husband is Eoman."  Fengel could not contain his hope, as it flashed in his eyes at his question.

tomcat

Eorlas sadly shook his head, "I know nothing of your sister's fate Fengel. Unfortunately, word came to us of Eoman's fall from those fleeing across your land. His slain body was found... it was said to have looked like he had been dragged to his death behind one of the chariot's of Harizän - the hands were still bound. The invaders had left the body to rot in the sun, but our people found him and laid him upon a pyre so that nothing more could defile him."

Fengel remembered no mark of a burning near his home or anywhere in the close vicinity, which told him that his brother-in-law had been slain in the initial invasion, long ago enough for the land to heal over his place of rest. The Éothraim gritted his teeth from the thought of his sister being captured, and enslaved by the Sagath for almost two years! Part of his heart hoped that she perished with her husband, so as not to have endured the tortures of Harizän.

OOC: Actions -and/or - dialogue?

Stefan

Nain considered leaving for the Forge.  There was still plenty of day left, these humans obviously needed him here.  But then he thought better of it and decided to stay which meant that he was there when the man told Fengel of te fate of his Sister's Husband.

"Fengel, you helped save my brother and I.  Now comes my chance to repay that debt.  I will stand by you when it comes time to save your sister."

or determine her fate. He thought quietly after.

GandalfOfBorg

"If she is indeed captured, indeed the best way to free her would be to rid the your land of these interlopers.  I, too, have a sister dear to me, my friend -- I believe I would feel the same if she were taken."  To others, Durgil turns his attention.  "Even if Fengel weren't our friend or being it his homeland besieged, driving off these barbarians would benefit all.  We surely wouldn't want them come in league with Angmar or the dark powers of the South.  Free Peoples everywhere have the right to life and liberty."

Inspire - (5+4)+4=13
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

BrianM

Edrahil followed Gareth to the house of healing within the fortification. Upon entering, the elf thought a more fitting name might be the house of death. The all too familiar smells of the plague assaulted his senses. He dropped his gear near the door, silently calculating how much brew he could make from the remaining Ephanial flowers within his satchel. Finding an attendant among the sick, Edrahil asked, "Please show me the worst ... those that approach their passing ... they may yet be saved."

tomcat

OOC: Been in GRAW 2 all night... I'll give you guys a new thread tomorrow.  ;)