• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 01:31 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Chapter 8 - Home fires burning!

Started by tomcat, Jun 28, 2006, 05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiseman

Stamina TN 20:
Roll(2d6)+6: 4,5,+2 +4 Tireless +3 courage Total:18 (Failure -1 wariness level)

The lack of rest wasn't getting to Seriand as much as it was to his comrades.  However, the continuous marching was quickly taking its toll on him, just like everyone else.  Trudging through the rain and mud was not the way to accomplish his goal of discovering the minions of Sauron and the dark lord himself.

These men were not like the other humans, the Dunlanders he had never met, but the lore was accurate.  A barbaric group of thugs and bullies.

It was as he was thinking about their visit to Rivendell that the others made their first concerted attempt to communicate to their captors, and Seriand merely shook his head at the futility of it all, they would receive a sharp smack for their attempts...

tomcat

Jun 30, 2006, 10:23 AM #16 Last Edit: Jun 30, 2006, 11:42 AM by tomcat
Two Dunlending spearmen looked at Edrahil, as he attempted to move over to Durgil to administer aid, the tips of their weapons barring his way. They shared blank looks as Dirnhael and the Sindar tried to explain the needs of the wounded individuals in the Company, and though there was some recognition of what was being said, their demeanour did not change.

Not far away, the claw-faced chieftain took notice of the exchange between his warriors and the captives in the gathering dusk, and he tiredly stood and half-ran to the group. The Dunlending spearmen spoke quickly to their commander and he looked Durgil over, as well as Dirnhael. He reached down to Dirnhael and grabbed him by his hauberk, hauling him to his feet – the Dúnadan stood taller than his aggressor, but the Dunmen was wider across the shoulder. Holding Dirnhael close, the chieftain looked at his wounds that still bled in places and looked raw and unclean, but he could easily see that they were non-threatening. Durgil on the other hand was pale, and looked far more worse.

The chieftain let go of Dirnhael and looked at Edrahil and then pointed to Durgil. In his strange tongue he said something to the Elf and then turned away. Edrahil realized that permission must have been granted as the two spearmen backed away, but remained on guard.

Not needing anymore incentive, Edrahil went to Durgil's side and immediately began to tend the Dúnadan. He looked grave of face as he looked at the wounds and felt that Durgil was warm with fever. That made the Sindar even more concerned, for though they had found a medicine to quell the sickness that had spread across the north, the sickness was still very prevalent and very deadly. What was worse was that Edrahil had none of the flower Ephanial with him. He kept his thoughts to himself, so as not to spread fear in the young man or Dirnhael who looked on, but Edrahil would watch his charge to make sure that the blight did not take another of his friends.

While Edrahil and Dirnhael worked, Fengel and Seriand sat close by trying to rest. The wind blew cool across the camp and the Éothraim was sure that he heard singing. It was faint but it was there. Wasn't it? He shook his head to see if he could chase away any weariness that might be playing with his senses, and it seemed to work. He laid his head back and began to drift off...

Not far from the Dunlending encampment, Nain slid out of his saddle and tied Jethro off to a small scrub plant. It had not been as challenging as he thought it would be to follow after his friends. In fact, the path left by the marching men and horses in the soft spring ground was as clear as needed. The only thing he did not know was how far ahead of him they were, and where they were going too. All he knew right now was that he was being led west and Khazad-dûm was in the opposite direction.

Nain shook his own head because it seemed a small insect whined into his ear... almost sounded as if it were singing!

OOC: The group will stay encamped for the second night... let me know any actions you would like to do.

I will need the following tests from Edrahil:

Dirnhael Healing Test TN 15
Durgil Healing Test TN 15
Fengel Healing TN 10
Self Healing TN 10

Each test will be at a –5 due to inferior equipment, and –3 for dim light. I will determine any results based on DOS. Each test will take 1 hour for TN 15's and ½ hour for TN 10's reduced based on DOS. Edrahil will need to make another Stamina test TN 15 or suffer more weariness based on DOS (-1 for Failure, -2 for Complete, etc.)

**DOS is Degree of Success for our new players

I also would like Dirnhael to roll me an Opposed Bearing test to the Dunlending Cheiftain. His roll is Roll(2d6)+1: 3,1,+1 Total:5
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

Jun 30, 2006, 11:28 AM #17 Last Edit: Jun 30, 2006, 12:11 PM by BrianM
[OOC] Healing Tests

All Healing tests: base skill +8, Healing Hands +5, inferior equipment -5, dim light -3

Edrahil performs the healing tests in the following order:

Durgil Healing Test TN 15
Roll(2d6)+5: 2,6,+5 Total:13 *spend final Courage point for +3 Total:16

Dirnhael Healing Test TN 15
Roll(2d6)+5: 4,5,+5 Total:14 :(

Fengel Healing TN 10
Roll(2d6)+5: 1,4,+5 Total:10

Self Healing TN 10
Roll(2d6)+5: 4,5,+5 Total:14

Stamina Test TN 15
Stamina+2, Tireless +4
Roll(2d6)+6: 6,5,+6 Total:17

[IC]

Edrahil spent several hours working his craft on the wounds of his comrades. He had decided not to invoke a spell, convinced that the use of magic might provoke the Dunmen's superstitions and jeopardize his chances of helping the others. Instead he relied solely on his training in the healing arts.

Satisfied that Durgil's condition would not worsen, he tried to assist Dirnhael, but had trouble properly binding the wounds of the tall Dunadan. "I fear I have assisted you very little, my friend. These conditions are not favourable." Fengel's wounds proved an easier task, and the warrior was resting comfortably when the elf was done.

After he had done all he could for his friends, Edrahil saw to his own minor wound, which required only cleansing and a new dressing. When done, he seated himself where he could monitor the others. Durgil seemed comfortable enough, but the elf was worried about his inability to help Dirnhael.

tomcat

OOC: I also would like Dirnhael to roll me an Opposed Bearing test to the Dunlending Cheiftain. His roll is Roll(2d6)+1: 3,1,+1 Total:5

This is from above... just waiting on the roll to get the cheiftain's disposition.

Thanks
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Unbeknownst to the Dwarf, or the Dunlendings and their captives, another watched in the early night, looking down upon the wild men's hasty encampment. He had been following them for some time now, but had been intrigued when they set upon the Elves, Dwarf and Men. Now the Dwarf was a mile or two away and he was wondering what to do about the current situation.

If he left now to get aid, he would lose the trail. He needed to find the Dunlendings permanent camp - the place they were issuing forth for raids into the lowlands and taking from the Cardolan farmer's flocks. But he was not capable exacting any rescue of these captured folk... then again, why should he? What was in it for him?

Nothing that he could see at the moment, so instead he would wait. Wait and watch.

Nikitas

Galudir peered over the crest of the slight hill into the Dunlendings' camp. The edge of the camp's torch light flickered before him as he strained his eyes and ears to perceive the motions and speech of the warriors and their prisoners. The Dunlending's strange language was lost on Galudir, so he abandoned the effort for the night. Galudir followed a straight line to his own camp. Thinking better not to light a fire, he bundled himself in his blanket for warmth. Tomorrow would be another day of tracking, perhaps the Dunlending's settlement was not far off so that Galudir could return to his own company and collect his pay from the wranglers. If a profit was to be made from the prisoners, only fate could know.

sdrotar

Jul 05, 2006, 01:33 AM #21 Last Edit: Jul 05, 2006, 01:35 AM by sdrotar
Quote from: tomcat on Jul 04, 2006, 08:02 AM
OOC: I also would like Dirnhael to roll me an Opposed Bearing test to the Dunlending Cheiftain. His roll is Roll(2d6)+1: 3,1,+1 Total:5

This is from above... just waiting on the roll to get the cheiftain's disposition.

Thanks

Bearing Roll (TN 5) +3
Roll(2d6)+3:1,3,+3 Total:7

OOC: Not a pretty roll, but I guess it'll do...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun