• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 12:27 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

All was quiet

Started by tomcat, Aug 31, 2006, 05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Sep 15, 2006, 08:28 AM #60 Last Edit: Sep 15, 2006, 02:55 PM by sdrotar
Dirnhael shook his head. "All this for nothing," he thought.
At least they were unharmed, and Durgil would be well soon enough.

"Let us retrieve our weaponry and join the rest of our friends," he said.
He looked forward to holding Vorandur once more - the warrior did not cherish battle, but he felt infinitely more comfortable when he was prepared for it.

He planned to lead them up the path he had seen and help investigate with Edrahil and Durgil - but he knew the Company did not have long, for the Dunmens' patience was limited.
If they could find an answer swiftly, perhaps all that had transpired would not be for naught, and Dirnhael wasn't quite ready to give up yet.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Wiseman

OOC: Looks like Seriand screwed the pooch on that one....

Seriand stood there, angry with himself to causing any chance at a kinship they may have had.  Turning from the settlement the elf hurried off to look for the one whom had taken their weapons...

Stefan

Nain thought to himself that he could never understand Humans.

"A dwarf would never treat another dwarf as these people have been treated.  I think I'm beginning to understand why my brother was so against this trip.  I can hear him now, 'We should go back to the mountians and leave these humans Brother, they treat their own worse than the shadow and I'll have none of it'. "

Palandil

Fengel watched Hurd go with contempt in his eyes as well.  As soon as they were left alone, Fengel grabbed Heostor's reins and lept upon his back.  "The fool stranger that arrived with Nain ran off with all of the weapons save mine.  Where is Durgil and Edrahil?", he questioned Dirnhael.

Nikitas

Conceal (Hide Weapon):
2d6= 3,3
Wits (+1), Skill Ranks (+2), Speciality (+2), Furtive (+1), Courage (+3)
6+1+2+2+1+3= 15

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Galudir ran from the village until he came to his horse still where he tied him to a sickly, bent, tree. During his escape he saw neither the two that left ahead of him nor the others comming behind him. No wonder they were caught, they don't have the good sense to run when you are found breaking into someone's home. Galudir placed the weapons in his horse's saddlebag and prepared to begin searching around the village. But as he climbed his horse a thought occured to him. He was alone and these companions he rescued outnumbered him. Once he gave them there weapons they would be armed as well. Not knowing who they are, where they are going, or from where they came, there is a great danger that he would not be paid his due wages.

Galudir dismounted and quickly took the long sword from his bags and hid it a few yards away from the bent tree. With a smile on his face he rode back toward the town to find his latest employer.

GandalfOfBorg

He inspected the fountain; his hands gently touching the fountain, as if reverently in fashion.  He couldn't bear it any further, his captivity and lack of proper sustenance overwhelmed his good judgement and he plunged his hands into the water to drink to his fill.  The water was refreshing, satisfying, and clean -- despite his dirty hands.  He felt better too, as if some of the dirt from his soul was washed away as well.  Then it struck him, "Edrahil, could the Dunlendings be mistakenly the intent of the echos of your kin?  Could they be leading those lost ones here for some reason?  Might this be a place of wholesomeness and healing?"
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Sep 16, 2006, 04:41 AM #66 Last Edit: Sep 16, 2006, 04:44 AM by tomcat
OOC: Somewhere a light bulb goes on! ;D

I adjusted your character sheet Matt.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Sep 15, 2006, 07:09 PM
Then it struck him, "Edrahil, could the Dunlendings be mistakenly the intent of the echos of your kin?  Could they be leading those lost ones here for some reason?  Might this be a place of wholesomeness and healing?"

Durgil's drink from the fountain brought Edrahil out of his thoughts and back to the present. While not worried about any consequences, the elf was still curious to see if something interesting might happen. "I think it is definitely true that the Dunlendings have misunderstood what they have seen, but I'm not sure that there could be any 'intent' from the echoes as you call them, as they are only memories of what once was. I find it difficult to see how they can be the cause of the disappearances from the village, which seems to be an issue more in the ... present."

"This is a fascinating place, though. Wholesome, as you say. How does the water taste? Are there any runes or markings anywhere?" Edrahil joined Durgil in a closer inspection of the fountain.

[ooc] anything from the sense power or history rolls made earlier?

BrianM

Sep 18, 2006, 11:19 AM #68 Last Edit: Sep 18, 2006, 01:35 PM by tomcat
While standing beside Durgil, Edrahil remembered the mysterious lights across the water. From the height of the elven gazebo, he tried to see if there was a good view across the lake.

Observe: Spot
Roll(2d6)+3: 4,5,+3 Total:12 [EDIT] +2 The Art = 14

Hey Brian, the two edits that I have made to your rolls on this thread are due to the related magic of the tests and the Elven Art

tomcat

Quote from: TomcatBrian - I will need a Search test from you to decipher any runes in the ancient, wind-eroded stone columns or on the worn marble floor. Minimum test success is on a result of 10, but you may glean more information on a higher result.

[EDIT] Hey Brian, I didn't see your lore skill there. Edrahil can easily tell from his knowledge of his folk that the gazebo is of Elven origin. He also knows that the Elves always built homes and other structures in compliment to the lands. This structure is very organic. Edrahil also know that many of the well-crafted structures of the Elves were built with purposes to enhance the natural resource that is there (i.e. view, listening, etc.).

OOC: Hey Brian, this was from my previous post on page 4 of this thread.

Edrahil's far-seeing eyes looked off into the distance towards where he had seen the flare of light earlier. Though it was dark, he could make out a snow-covered summit that sat on the far side of the lake and valley, making up its western wall. It was in the Elf's mind where things took on a more clear image and Edrahil knew it was the ruin around him that enhanced his sight. The Elven craftsman of old had inlaid enchantments into the structure creating a place of seeing - a place where even the weakest of eyesight would be able to see to the walls of Khazad-dum. Edrahil wondered if that were truly the case.

The vision in his mind was of another ruined structure, much moreso than the one in which he stood. In fact, the envisioned ruin looked as if it had been thrown down. Its purpose was not so easy to discern, but central to all else was a blackened, wrought-iron brazier bent out of shape but still afixed to its stone base.

"A signal tower of old?" thought the Elf.

OOC: I am going to go with the assumtion that you guys could piece together my description of what Edrahil was seeing.  ;)  Also, if Durgil wants to see it too, he needs to roll at least a 12 in Observe (Spot).
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

[ooc] Brian hopes for a decent roll ... [click] ... hmmm ... ok I guess ...

Search the markings around the fountain ...
Roll(2d6)+3: 6,1,+3 Total:10 (would The Art apply here as well? If so 12 is the result)

[ic]

"I see another structure across the lake, Durgil. I think this is the place where we saw the mysterious lights across the water earlier. The ruin there appears to be a companion of this one, perhaps designed for communication across the distance. I wonder if the answer to this mystery lies across the lake." The elf described the state of the other structure to Durgil, as well as the iron brazier within.

tomcat

OOC: Hey Brian,

With Edrahil's search, you do find runic characters that are still evident in the old stone - particularly runes in the Noldorin language of Quenya. You can tell that the once unbroken marble floor ringed the fountain in magic runes, but time and wanton destruction has pretty much erased these.

The most that Edrahil can discern from his search is what you already know (or what Durgil knows) - that the airy gazebo was (and still is) a high place of seeing for the Noldor that allowed them to look far to the east and west. The fountain is nothing more than a natural spring that has bubbled up from below over these countless years, and the Elves made a beautiful fountain to capture the icy clear water. Elven craftsmanship and enchantments helped here as well and made the water invigorating and healing - as stated from a previous post:

The water restores all weariness and it will heal all health points in your current wound level save 1. This is a one time benefit from the Elven fountain for any character who takes a full draught of the water. It will lose its benefits after 1 day of being stored.

GandalfOfBorg

"I agree it bears investigation, but let us rejoin the others first.  I don't feel quite brave enough to venture any further without a sword or bow in my hand," replies Durgil.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

OOC: Also I wanted to tell you Matt, the effect of the water also relieves the fever Durgil has had for the last 24 hours. Understand that the water does not heal 100%, but with rest will allow a full recovery from the bug that has persisted.

Wiseman

OOC: I say we start bottling this stuff and sellling it!