• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 09:18 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Escape - Round 1

Started by tomcat, Aug 25, 2006, 10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianM

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Aug 30, 2006, 04:05 AM
OOC: Durgil will wait until someone opens the stockade for him, otherwise he will stay put, simply unable to do anything right now.

[ooc] Likewise, Edrahil hangs back with Durgil. If the path is cleared, he will help the warrior out of the stockade.

Nikitas

Forgot to roll initiative before:

Initiative:
2d6= 5,4
Swiftness (+5)
9+5= 14

tomcat

Aug 30, 2006, 04:24 PM #17 Last Edit: Aug 30, 2006, 04:32 PM by tomcat
Quote from: Stefan on Aug 30, 2006, 05:54 AMHey doug, dont forget, Nain has the Hardy edge so he doesnt take the penalty for dazed.

OOC: Yea, I know... I just want to keep all the penalties listed for my own mind's sanity... but you guys take the listed penalties and apply your mods as you know your characters best. Thanks man!  ;D

The Dunman defend:

Galudir and Dirnhael both went for Called Shots. The Dunman can no longer be called Unwary and so called shot penalties will apply as normal increasing the Dunman's Defence from 10 to 22... both of the party members miss.

Fengel kicks and hits for damage of 1d6+3, which I rolled and got a 4. The Dunman takes 2 points of damage (my new rule stating that Unarmed Combat counts for only 2 Health Point damage.)

Lastly, Nain strikes the guard fighting Seriand with the flat of his axe - a Blunt attack. He rolled 17 damage which is halved for physical damage, but is the TN of a Stamina test to resist Stun effects.

Dunman Stamina +1
Roll(2d6)+1: 3,2,+1 Total:6 EXTRAORDINARY FAILURE reduced3 Weariness levels to Weary -4

Dirnhael knocked the shaft of the spear away at the last second with his forearm, and he momentarily froze in pain - for a moment, thinking his arm had been broken.

The spear's haft was grabbed by Fengel with one hand as he kicked the Dunman in the chest with the flat of his boot. The guard let out a groan and fell back, the spear pulled from his hands.

Not far away, Seriand grappled with the last standing guard. Behind the two, both Galudir and Nain rushed in to assist having dealt with the two guards that had stood watch on the west side of the stockade. Aiming once again to fell the guard in one blow, the fervor of battle caused the inexperienced young rogue to horribly misjudge his opponent's position; he struck nothing but the chill night air near the guard's ear. Nain was a far cry luckier. The Dwarf charged into the melee still hoping that they would be able to deal with the guards before this became a full scale battle.  He swung at the Dunman with the flat of his axe with all his might and struck the Man in his left side.

With a coughing burst of air, the Dunman had the wind knocked from him and he fell to the ground holding his ribs. It was not certain, but the Dwarf thought he had heard the crack of bone. He had not meant to harm the Man so, but hopefully the fight was taken out of him.

Edrahil hung back with Durgil...
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]