• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 11:13 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Friends in Need...

Started by tomcat, Aug 03, 2006, 08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiseman

Weariness TN = 13
Roll(2d6)+2: 4,5,+2 +3 (Courage) Total:14 Success

The long nights and underfed days had taken its toll on everyone, thankfully not nearly as bad to Seriand as the others as he was still quite coherent and aware of the situation going on around him.

Observe (Spot): Roll(2d6)+10:  5,3,+10  Total:18  OOC: Just watching whats going on, trying to see anything that might help us

sdrotar

OOC: Oops. I forgot about that other Courage Point spent.
I guess Dirnhael missed the Spot roll, then - c'est la vie - it would have been a minor miracle if he had made it, anyway.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Palandil

Stamina Test TN: 18
+3 Stamina; +4 Tireless
Roll(2d6)+4: 5,5,+7 Total:17 +1 courage point = 20

Observe (Spot) TN 25
+2 skill; +1Per; +2 specialty; +2 night-eyed
Roll(2d6)+7: 2,3,+7 Total:12

Standing next to Dirnhael, Fengel continued to watch expectantly for a chance to escape.  He could feel the anticipation leaping up in his spirit, but a strange feeling coming from Dirnhael had him concerned.  Was Dirnhael feeling sympathy for these people.  He knew that Dirnhael was a man of honor and could tell that leaving these people to suffer wasn't in him, let alone hurt any of them during an escape.  He only hoped that if these people resisted Dirnhael's assistance, Dirnhael would be ready to do what needed to be done to escape.  He turned his head and glanced into Dirnhael's eyes for a moment, trying to read him.

tomcat

OOC: Okay, no one passed the night time observe tests that were given. With that being the case, I will just wait on the dwarf and rogue to tell me what they are doing and continue the thread from that.  ;)

Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

BrianM

[ooc] sorry this is a bit late:

Stamina test TN 13
Stamina+2, Tireless +4
Roll(2d6)+6: 3,2,+6 Total:11 Spend Courage for +3 = 14 Success

[ic] Edrahil spent the night brooding over their current situation, and his inability to help his comrades. The elf could see in their eyes that the warriors were planning an escape attempt, but he was not convinced this was the wisest choice. He stood and approached Dirnhael and Fengel. "Friends, we must tread very carefully with these folk. I'm not convinced they are truly our enemies, but if we take brash actions then they surely will be. Perhaps we should attempt to speak with the elder again when morning arrives."

tomcat

Aug 09, 2006, 07:25 PM #20 Last Edit: Aug 09, 2006, 07:27 PM by tomcat
OOC: Hey guys, just so we are all on the same page, when you guys mark that you are using a Courage, are you marking your sheets? If not, I will do it - I just wanna make sure there is no duplication (I love these new sheets for instant data change! ;D)

PS - Brian, I marked your courage to two... if you already had, go ahead and unclick the one I marked. - Doug
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Quote from: BrianM on Aug 09, 2006, 11:06 AM

[ic] Edrahil spent the night brooding over their current situation, and his inability to help his comrades. The elf could see in their eyes that the warriors were planning an escape attempt, but he was not convinced this was the wisest choice. He stood and approached Dirnhael and Fengel. "Friends, we must tread very carefully with these folk. I'm not convinced they are truly our enemies, but if we take brash actions then they surely will be. Perhaps we should attempt to speak with the elder again when morning arrives."

Dirnhael nodded. He had enough enemies in this life, and though he wasn't afraid of adding to that list, he had no desire to.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Man, I was so tempted to post this:  "If it comes to a fight, I could always poke 'em," Durgil jests deliriously, poking at the night about them.  "Maybe they're ticklish."  At that, he falls back into a fitful sleep.

IC: "Good idea, sleep would do me some good," says Durgil as he falls back into (or attempts to if otherwise interrupted) a restless sleep.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

"Stay"

He had a pretty fair belief that the horse would wander off but if something happened to him he couldn't have the beast tied to a tree, that just wouldn't be right.

Once he'd given the instruction to Jethro he turned back to the Human again.

"It's full dark so I'm going to head down and check out the village.  Come if ye'd like or don't if ye'd rather."

With that the dwarf begins marching down the hill toward the lake, planning on coming around the village and approaching from the side with the stockade.

BrianM

Quote from: tomcat on Aug 09, 2006, 07:25 PM
OOC:PS - Brian, I marked your courage to two... if you already had, go ahead and unclick the one I marked. - Doug

Thanks, I forgot to mark it, but I will next time.

Cheers,
Brian

BrianM

Quote from: sdrotar on Aug 09, 2006, 08:38 PM
Dirnhael nodded. He had enough enemies in this life, and though he wasn't afraid of adding to that list, he had no desire to.

Edrahil was visibly relieved at Dirnhael's response. "Then let us rest while we can." Edrahil seated himself once more and began to meditate. He knew that he needed to calm himself for there to be any hope of convincing the elder that the captives were not a threat to the village.

Nikitas

OCC: Galudir will continue walking toward the stockade. Once closer to the settlement he'll go into 'stealth mode' and try to sneak around any guards he sees (will depending on the last Observe Test anyway  :D)

Stealth Test:
2d6= 1,4
Nimbleness (+3), Skill Ranks (+7), Furtive +1, Observe (Spot) Affinity +1
5+3+7+1+1= 17
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Galudir was still somewhat shocked that the dwarf accepted his offer. Five gold pieces was not enough to keep him until the end of his days, but it would be quite a bit more coin than he had seen in many months. Nevertheless, as the dwarf started off toward the settlement, Galudir sprung forward and slipped ahead of the dwarf.

"You are brave dwarf. However, if you wish to see your friends allow me to lead the way, I imagine I am far more able to conceal myself in the shadows than you are." The dwarf was now Galudir's latest source of wealth, he would have to see he is not spotted by a watchman.

Stefan

Nain smiled at the sudden eagerness of the human.  It spoke well of his love of gold, something a dwarf could really appreciate.  And, of course, the gold that he was asking for was not Nain's so it mattered little to him how much was spent on the endevor.

"Aye, ye do seem a little light of foot.  Lead the way."

Palandil

Again not happy with the thought of waiting to see what happens, Fengel shook his head slightly and went and sat back against the fence.  He tried to rest but his mind kept going over their situation.

Wiseman

Seriand began to look for a way to escape from the stockade, a weak joint in the fence or something to that effect.

Survival: Roll(2d6)+12: 4,3,+12 Total:19