• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:38 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

New day...

Started by tomcat, Jul 05, 2006, 09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiseman

Observe (Spot): Roll(2d6)+10: 6,2,+10 Total:18
Observe (Listen): Roll(2d6)+10: 3,3,+10 Total:16

Seriand stayed quiet and strived to listen and watch for anything that may help their current situation.

tomcat

Jul 10, 2006, 06:22 PM #16 Last Edit: Jul 10, 2006, 06:26 PM by tomcat
OOC: The results of the two sets of tests - Opposed Stealth-to-Observe - between Nain and Galudir result in Nain having no clue that Galudir is there and Galudir being able to watch Nain as he trots along atop Jethro. Galudir would probably find the Dwarf quite amusing as he cussed and ranted while trying to steer the pony along and follow the trail.

Anyway, the click and clattering is heard by both Galudir and Nain (Nain's Observe (Listen)) test... these sounds are coming from the east of the Dunmen's camp.

Finally Seriand... your tests result well in allowing you to see and hear well around you, but all you take in are the scenic views of the vale and the sound of the Dunmen settlement. Otherwise, the Company is left alone for the day to sit in the growing heat of the day in the stockade. No drink or food is offered, nor is any communication attempted... just the five spearmen that keep watch over you all.

From high up on the ridge-line, Nain and Galudir can see what would be a normal day of a simple folk; men fish or take care of the few livestock present, chop wood, or skin or prep foods; women tend to children, mending of garments, gathering of herbs, nuts, and any spring berries that have come out so far.

Feel free to give me any narrative or dialogue as you will, but by days end I will need a Stamina test from each of the captured Company... tests and modifiers to follow any posts made by you guys. I will give it until tomorrow afternoon.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

Jul 11, 2006, 03:14 AM #17 Last Edit: Jul 11, 2006, 10:09 AM by Palandil
Fengel hated being caged up like animals.  These hill men were no better than the easterlings that his people had constantly fought with.  Fengel decided it was time to plan a way of escape.  He watched as they led the companies horses away, making note of how far off they were.  He then walked around their crude cage looking for any weakness, and looked closely at the guards for the same.  If they were to try and escape they would need some rest, and though unlikely, some food.

Roll(2d6)+5: 1,1,+5 Total:7  Well looky there snake eyes. ::)  I'll spend a courage to make it a 10 if that will help.
Sorry that was an observe spot test.

GandalfOfBorg

Durgil is in no shape to do much of anything besides grin and bear it.  He dearly wants to know the whereabouts of his horse but figured it'd do him no good as the attempts from his companions to get a dialogue going with these people have failed.  "I hope she's behaving herself," he thinks.  Left to his thoughts and thinking of Rochithuin turned his thoughts to home and his sister... and finally to his father, which brought a look of internal pain and agony to his face as he tried to escape these thoughts.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

BrianM

Glad for the warmth of the day, Edrahil encouraged his companions to get what rest they could. He seated himself near the center of the stockade and meditated for much of the day, hoping that their captors would at least decide their fate before they were left for too long in the stockade.

[OOC]

Stamina Test
+2 Base, +4 Tireless
Roll(2d6)+6: 6,5,+6 Total:17  Edrahil has been pretty lucky with the Stamina rolls ... I wonder what he will be doing when his luck changes  :-\

BTW, for the next two weeks I am on vacation with limited access to the internet, so my posts might be a bit sporadic.

Cheers,
Brian

tomcat

Quote from: BrianM on Jul 11, 2006, 08:45 AM[OOC]BTW, for the next two weeks I am on vacation with limited access to the internet, so my posts might be a bit sporadic.

OOC: Enjoy Brian, but just so you know, in cases like this, I may RP any tests or dialogue that will involve a character so that the story can move on. Enjoy your trip and we'll see you when you get back!  ;D
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

Nain watches the camp for a while but nothing of interest appears that might give him reason to believe that he'll be able to do anything for the rest of the group before nightfall. Then he hears something coming from the forest.  He moves back off the ridge so as not to alert the Dunmen to his presence and then begins walking in that direction to investigate. Jethro follows at a distance as if he expects trouble and knows that he doesnt have to run faster the whatever lurks in the darkness just faster than the dwarf.

Wiseman

Everything that was going on around him, as they were stuck in the stockades, started to wear at his patience.  They were going about their normal day-to-day life and the company was holed up in a prison without any reason as to why.

The elven scout stood and approached the door, being sure to watch the guards so as to move out of the way of a stray spear, if the situation arose.  "Why are you holding us here!"  Seriand shouted so that many could hear, he wanted an answer and he wanted to be freed of this tiny prison.

Nikitas

Jul 11, 2006, 03:28 PM #23 Last Edit: Jul 11, 2006, 03:30 PM by Nikitas
Galudir looked over the town, noting the terrain and the number of defenders, when his attention is suddenly drawn by a dwarf riding through. Like him, the dwarf appears to be surveying the town, yet dwarves do not commonly have dealings with these hillmen. "This must be that dwarf that abandoned his companions to the Dunlanders," Galudir reminded himself. As he observed the dwarf, Galudir heard a clattering sound comming from the hillmen's camp, or just beyond it. The dwarf must have noticed it as well, for he began to follow the noise. As the dwarf passed, Galudir slowly emerged from the shadows and began to follow the dwarf as quietly as he could, no sense in revealing himself to a stranger on guard for enemies.

tomcat

OOC: I am going to seperate the two groups of characters until the storylines bring them back together.