• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:39 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Vale attack - Round 3

Started by tomcat, May 06, 2006, 10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palandil

OOC: So I guess I have 1 courage point left then.  Oh well.  I rolled a 20 initiative for the next round and those are going to be Fengel's actions.  Good battle thus far!!

tomcat

May 16, 2006, 04:38 PM #16 Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 11:42 AM by tomcat
While the Orcs surround Graush let loose their volley, the Wargs that had already been engaged took the opportunity to attack the Company.

Warg 1 attacks Edrahil TN 12
AC+7, Specialty +2
ACTION 1
Roll(2d6)+9: 1,4,+9 Total:14 SUCCESS Damage: Roll(2d6)+3: 1,2,+3 Total:6

Edrahil attempts to Parry TN 14
AC +6, Specialty +2, AA -5, PB +1
ACTION 3
Roll(2d6)+4: 3,3,+4 Total:10 FAILED Armor takes 2, 4 damage

Orc 2 fires on Durgil TN 12
RC +8, Specialty +2, Mounted -4 PB Range +2
ACTION 1
Roll(2d6)+8: 6,2,+8 Total:16 SUCCESS Damage: Roll(2d6)+1: 6,5,+1 Total:11; (If defense is not successful, victim must make a Stamina test versus poison TN 9 or suffer an additional Roll(2d6)+1: 1,5,+1 Total:7 damage this round and Roll(1d6)+1: 5,+1 Total:6 at the onset of next round (1 stage)).

Warg 3 attacks Dirnhael TN 11
AC+7, Specialty +2, Wounded -7
ACTION 2
Roll(2d6)+2: 6,6,+2 Total:14 +2 = 16 SUCCESS Damage: Roll(2d6)+3: 6,6,+3 Total:15

Warg 5 attacks Nain TN 12
AC+7, Specialty +2
ACTION 1 and 2
Roll(2d6)+9: 6,6,+9 Total:21 +6+4 = 31 SUCCESS!! Damage: Max unless parried 15
Roll(2d6)+9: 2,3,+9 Total:14 SUCCESS Damage: Roll(2d6)+3: 3,6,+3 Total:12

Warg 6 is cowed by Seriand and can do nothing this round

OOC: I have Fengel at 2 Courage points remaining. I looked through the last 2 rounds and only saw you use 2... let me know if you see differently.

And yes Shawn D., Dirnhael takes 5 points of damage from the arrow wound.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

sdrotar

Action 4 (via Swift Strike edge) -- defend Warg attack (TN 16) -- Roll: AC (Longsword) +13, Warwise, +1, Vorandur +3, Specialty +2 = +19
Roll(2d6)+19:6,5,+19 Total:30

Dirnhael heard the wounded Warg rise, and swung Vorandur in front of him just in time to deflect a vicious blow.
The Company was in dire peril, and Dirnhael wondered how they could have been trapped so easily... they had taken precautions, they had done everything they could have - but the numbers of the Enemy were simply too many.
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

tomcat

Quote from: sdrotar on May 16, 2006, 09:33 PMThe Company was in dire peril, and Dirnhael wondered how they could have been trapped so easily... they had taken precautions, they had done everything they could have - but the numbers of the Enemy were simply too many.

OOC: Hee hee... need to spend those picks on Observe, Stealth and Track too. ;D
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Stefan

in the intrest of not being pointless I'm going to skip the Parry due to the -15 map and just take he hit.

Damage +12-7(armor) = 5
Total damage taken =14

tomcat

May 18, 2006, 07:41 AM #20 Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 10:57 AM by tomcat
OOC: Hey Stefan, sorry to say but that was two attacks made by the Warg for a total of 27 damage.

So, it will be 27 -7 -7 = 13

And total damage taken is 22

tomcat

OOC: Hey Matt, I need you to make your defensive actions in this round based on the Orc's attack just above. You may need to adjust your post in Round 4 due to still having an opponent to skirmish with.

Thanks

GandalfOfBorg

May 18, 2006, 11:47 AM #22 Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 09:01 AM by GandalfOfBorg
OOC: oops, all that red ran together...

The wound burns as the orc poison tries to take hold.

Stamina vs. Poison - (6+6+2)+3=16
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Stefan

Quote from: tomcat on May 18, 2006, 07:41 AM
OOC: Hey Stefan, sorry to say but that was two attacks made by the Warg for a total of 27 damage.

So, it will be 27 -7 -7 = 13

And total damage taken is 22

Ouch!

tomcat

OOC: Hey Matt, the arrow protruding from your body came from in front of you at point blank range. In the new ROund 4, you say that Durgil is riding off to challenge the new archer threat when one is right in front of you (check the small battle illustration attached to my posts - you are D2 and you have O2 before you). If you decide to stick with your current actions for Round 4, the Orc 2 will get an attack of opportunity (to use a D&D'ism).

Doug

GandalfOfBorg

OOC: Argh... you beat me to the punch to change my post, I had just realized that.  I will alter my post for Round 4 accordingly.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16