• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 12:19 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Interlude: A Council at the Ford

Started by Eclecticon, Jan 14, 2024, 04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

:ooc: Okay, looks like Matt's caught up with other things at the moment.  I'll give it another 24 hours and then I'll take over. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: Paul - I am sorry! I guess I read that last post and blanked. I think Matt and his wife are on a cruise right now. I know he is gone through the 25th, as he is not available for our Thursday night Roll20 TOR game.

I apologize for not shooting you a reply immediately.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

:ooc: Aha!  Well now that I know, I'll put this to one side until he's back.  Grimbeorn is still, in a very important sense, Matt's character and I thank him in absentia for letting me drive him around for a bit.

Character sheet

Telcontar

Jan 22, 2024, 06:53 PM #18 Last Edit: Jan 22, 2024, 07:56 PM by Telcontar
An outsider to the folk rose to speak. He was careworn and of unknown age though even the oldest among them seemed to recall seeing him now and then even in their youth. Chiefly he was known to Cormryn's folk for prior to the battle of five armies he had been known to prowl the passes and the trails.

"I, Argalad of the East, wish to speak. Hear me and listen to my words.

Dark tidings have come before and there are few here that should they choose to remember know that the these times are not the darkest. The death of the goblins of the mountains was a reprieve, not a coming of peace.

Grimbeorn Wolfslayer, this is not a personal challenge of yours. This is a challenge being faced by all the spears and all the axes. This is true in my home over the mountains as it is here. Each pitched battle makes us weaker there as it does here. Though it looks like it all around you this is not the fight. The fight is against the wargs, the orcs, and the orc friends. These enemies that hold the ford suffer from the sickness of greed. No orcs came with them. They may ally with them in time, though not now and you cant fight the whole world with what here you have assembled. Each axe and spear lost here is one less not only today, but next month, and next year. The coin you would pay and the hunger that may come are things a man can deal with. Pride does not raise warriors from the dead, and it doesnt increase your muster. These folk are here to drive out the wargs and the warg men. Dedicate them to that purpose wholly, or be eaten by the circling wolves. Greed is the cause of this problem, paying them isnt the final answer, but it will solve one problem without the loss of a spear when so many others currently demand them."   
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn is deep in dark thought.  He puts a hand up at the mutterings that come from Argalad's speech.  He knows that it would be a sore trial facing Mogdred even as he has grown into his father's stature and place, but remembers not when his father was tested so and his council is dim on such a matter.  Heavy is the crown upon the head once it is taken up or so the old saying goes.

The pause is long but the thegns keep their silence in deference to the man and his position. Some yet chafe at the delay but their mouths are shut.

"Scorn not the young in their sight for Varell is right that I should meet Mogdred and I will -- have words with him at the least.  From there we shall see how faithless or true to his word he is.  This I will say, I will not waste our swords and spears needlessly, for your are right, too, Argalad, all too well the forces of the Shadow are the true enemy, but Men who waylay and conquer needlessly must be stopped as well for they do the Shadow's work even without knowing."

"If I must face a man and if I were to lose, you will know that it will be to someone who at least opposes the Shadow too, for that is the enemy to all Free People."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

:ooc: Worth the wait!  I'll bring some more story on later today.

Character sheet