• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 08:57 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Trouble in the morning

Started by tomcat, Dec 10, 2005, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdrotar

Dirnhael was content to let Durgil question the couple. His military formality was something that Dirnhael did not possess. Instead, he followed Seriand after he watched the Elf circle the home. The Elf was a tracker, obviously, and Dirnhael wanted to both to aid if he could and to learn more about their new companion. He figured that watching him in action would provide an excellent opportunity to do so.

After Seriand had found the tracks, Dirnhael looked closely at them. The Elf was right - they were shallow - almost unnaturally so.

He knew Bree sat uncomfortably near to Tyrn Gorthad, known the locals as the Barrow-downs.
The legends of the wights that dwelled there persisted, and Dirnhael would have dismissed them were it not for his harrowing experiences months before in the North.
Certainly, there was no way for such a creature to make its way into and out of Bree, and abducting a small child did not seem sensible - but those tracks... Dirnhael could not shake the feeling that they were made by no man.

A chill wind came through the town at that moment, perhaps a harbinger of what was to come.
Dirnhael pulled his cloak tightly around his shoulders and went inside to join the others...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Wiseman

"I would say you should come with me."  Seriand says to his elven friend, they would be able to move more swiftly and quietly.  "The humans would perhaps fit in better at the tavern."

tomcat

This seemed logical to Edrahil. He looked to the rest of his companions, "Go find this Olin and see what he knows. Seriand and I will find out what we can. Remember that which I imbued to you in the weeks past... should you need us, just call my name."

With that Edrahil quickly exited the small home and started off with Seriand staying clear to allow the Lorien Elf the space he needed to follow the trail.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Wiseman

With a nod to his elven brother Seriand begins to follow the tracks.

Tracking: Roll(2d6)+9: 3,6,+9 Total:18
Observe (Spot): Roll(2d6)+10: 5,3,+10 Total:18 (To watch for more tracks or other factors that may change)

GandalfOfBorg

Conspiring with his companions, Durgil speaks in a low voice.  "I'll remain with the family and see if I can discover any more here.  It sounds as though they are going to form a posse to search for the girl so the leads in town should be dealt with quick... who knows what may happen if a mob comes to an erroneous conclusion."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

sdrotar

Quote from: GandalfOfBorg on Dec 17, 2005, 10:14 AM
Conspiring with his companions, Durgil speaks in a low voice.  "I'll remain with the family and see if I can discover any more here.  It sounds as though they are going to form a posse to search for the girl so the leads in town should be dealt with quick... who knows what may happen if a mob comes to an erroneous conclusion."

"Very well," said Dirnhael. "We will meet you back at the King's Rest Inn by sunset."
With any luck, we may have some answers to our questions by then.

He left the house and walked out into the wind towards the ramshackle tavern the family described, with whichever of his companions that chose to follow in tow...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Palandil

With a nod to Dirnhael Fengel follows but says, "Edrahil, if you run into any trouble and are in need of our help you will call for us with your... uh... ability?"

GandalfOfBorg

When his friends depart on their errands, Durgil approaches the couple in a calm manner.  "Gentlefolk, please tell me of your daughter -- how old she is, what she looks like, and such.  Are there any places that she'd go to hide or feel safe..."  Durgil continues to remain with the couple helping keep as calm as possible while probing for any information that they may feel is trivial, but could possibly lead to the whereabouts of their young girl.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16