• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 06:23 PM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Lone Tower

Started by tomcat, Mar 21, 2020, 05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eclecticon

As Hathcyn speaks at the indistinct figure beyond his companion, Arbogast stands, entirely bewitched by what he beholds.  For silhouetted in the ruined doorway is a figure from an elder age, a warrior maiden of the Firstborn whose mien seems to partake of the unearthly and unchanging beauty of the stars themselves.  Though she stands upon the same earth as he, she seems forever apart from it - or perhaps eternally part of it in a way that he can never fully understand. 

Without any conscious will of his own, his mouth forms the words "I am Arbogast... son of Arbodag..."  Then, though his mind remains equally lost in dream, he realises something of who he addresses.  This is one of a line that has forever stood, and will perhaps forever stand, against the Shadow. 

"The servants of the Enemy lie beneath us," he finishes, his axe nearly falling from loosening fingers. 

:ooc: The new version of Laeral that Aly and I have worked up has the Beauty of the Stars virtue, which can do this sort of thing to mortal Men.  It's going to be fun when it comes up! 

Also, Aly, I have slightly altered your post above to fix what I'm fairly sure is a typo - let me know if I've got it wrong. 
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: Where is the new Laeral sheet? I see the one on Dropbox is the original.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

Apr 13, 2020, 12:47 PM #47 Last Edit: Apr 13, 2020, 02:19 PM by Eclecticon
:ooc: Sorry - I thought Aly might have put it up.  In retrospect, she was probably expecting me to do it. 

EDIT: Done.

Character sheet

AlyC

Laeral gazes coolly but expectantly at the third member of the party....

GandalfOfBorg

Grimbeorn returns the gaze silently, one eyebrow cocked.  He gives a deep sigh and hefts his weapon and shield -- an heirloom he is sure will be recognized.  "Well I was looking for something with which to block that portal and here a another spear walks in to do the job. I pray it be more useful than decorative," he jibes.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Eclecticon

:ooc: Quick note here for Aly - Grimbeorn's shield is a big, leaf-shaped bugger with a large 'L' emblazoned on it.  It was originally crafted by the Elves of Lothlorien (Galadriel's folk).  His Axe was enchanted by Elves of Rivendell a couple of years ago, and she may or may not have been present at the time.

Character sheet

Telcontar

:ooc: elves are elves. Your words make no sense. Lol
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

"He is Grimbeorn the Wolfslayer. Even folk who live under the trees and stars should know the slayer of their nightmares. If that were not enough he is the son Beorn, if lineage is more important than deeds.

I am the Longspear, short on deeds and family. Are you living or a vision?"
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

tomcat

:ooc: I am going to be sitting and reading your dialogue, guys. I will move the story forward when I see/feel the chit chat is over, and/or you guys give me an action that you are doing.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

AlyC

Ai! I am Laeral Aurukun. What is your plan as concerns the threat below?

Eclecticon

The mention of the orcs below awakens Arbogast once more to the world around him.  "All those who dwell here must be slain or driven off, lest they continue to endanger the folk of the Lake.  As for those here now, we would trap them below," he says, "until those that have yet to return have been dealt with." 

He turns away and adjusts his helm, hoping to conceal his embarrassment at his temporary bewitchment. 

:ooc: Doug, did Grimbeorn spot anything that we could use to keep the trap door shut before Laeral made her entrance?

Character sheet

GandalfOfBorg

"Unless there is another means of for those maggots to burrow themselves out.  The presence of another spear increases our chances of dealing with the threat quickly.  And the longer we debate, the more time they get to realize we're here or the others return," grumbled Grimbeorn.
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

"Let us go below and stab them."
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Eclecticon

"Will you join us, lady?" Arbogast asks, his mien displaying none of Hathcyn's dark mirth. 

Character sheet

tomcat

Quote from: Eclecticon on Apr 15, 2020, 04:51 PM:ooc: Doug, did Grimbeorn spot anything that we could use to keep the trap door shut before Laeral made her entrance?

:ooc: There is some tumbled stone from the broken walls.