• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 02:40 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The Plains of Rohan

Started by Nashan, Feb 13, 2019, 06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anarion

:ooc:

Technically 12/ :g:  is 0 for enemies, so neither has hit

Nashan

Quote from: Anarion on Feb 17, 2019, 05:52 AM:ooc:

Technically 12/ :g:  is 0 for enemies, so neither has hit

First attack against Raghnall hits :
Rolled 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10

As a sidenote, I rolled 4 Gandalf on 10 rolls \o/

Anarion

He deflects the clumsy blows of the orcs with ease as they engage with him and brings his own spear forged in numenor to bare against the enemies of the free peoples. He keeps his eye on the rest of his company as he strikes at the orc with the spear first.

TN 9+ (spears) 2d
Rolled 1d12 : 3, total 3
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4

:dmg:5     edge:9     injury:14

Telcontar

Raghnall was no mounted warrior. He left fly an arrow with a clumsy shot as he closed the distance. There were too many of them to make much use of his bow without being set upon so he dismounted and the axe of the north lander flashed in the dull rain clouded sky.

Volley
Rolled 1d12 : 4, total 4

Protection Test
Rolled 2d6+3 : 4, 1 + 3, total 8

Axe attack defensive stance
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5

THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Nashan

:ooc: Updated mounted combat rules

After some discussion, I've decided to amend the rules in the following ways :

-> When charging, your weapon skill can never be higher than your Athletics skill value.
-> Charging grants you a free attack before the combat actually begins. To do that, you must succeed an Athletics TN 14 check. Then make your attack roll as normal. Should you succeed you can add 3 damage.
-> If all the chargers wannabes succeed, you can charge again (you wheel back and charge again).
-> Once you're in close combat, you can only choose forward or open stance.
-> Attackers on foot have a TN +2 to attack you.

Furthermore, I will allow a new cultural blessing for the Rohirrim ;
Mounted Combat - When fighting or charging on horseback, you can roll two feat dices and keep the better one.

Nashan

Feb 19, 2019, 10:02 PM #50 Last Edit: Feb 20, 2019, 03:33 AM by Nashan
The tides of battle have definitely changed since the future companions and their Rohirrim allies have joined the fight. Now the orcs had to fight on two fronts, not mentioning the fast riders charging whatever opening left on the flanks. What seemed an easy plunder moments ago turned out to be a dangerous endeavour.

Yet, the strong will of their master lay upon their mind, pushing them forward to kill their target, despite their own safety. Still outnumbering their opponents, the creatures of the Shadow keep fighting, knowing well that no mercy will be given to them.

It seems more and more than the handful of orcs left to hinder you are gaining time while the remaining is focusing on the kill. The line of warriors protecting the man in the dark cloak is thinning under the strength of the sheer number of their opponents...

:ooc: Declare your stances please ^_^

Telcontar

:ooc: how many orcs are there? Am I able to take a rearward stance?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Anarion

Egilhir will remain in a open stance, if people take any more hits before it gets round to my action I may roll inspire for rally comrades for endurance but if things aren't looking to bad I'll keep attacking.

tomcat

:ooc: Gárulf is Forward in a reckless vengeful fury
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

stevelampon

Roderic will take an open stance.

Nashan

Quote from: Telcontar on Feb 20, 2019, 04:34 AM:ooc: how many orcs are there? Am I able to take a rearward stance?

:ooc: Less than twice your number so you can indeed pull back behind your companions

hurcheon

:ooc: Sorry been away lately, family and work

How do I roll dice for the forum?

For the journey Tyrok has been tending beasts and gear, learning what he can of the ways of other cultures in such matters, as battle commences he was somewhat nonplussed, he is a warrior only at need but this seems like need.

He pulls his axe out and looks for somewhere he can be of use?

Telcontar

Go to the main page. There is a whole thread in general discussions on how the forum works.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear

Nashan

ROUND 2

Egilhir, Gárulf and Roderic stand bravely at the front, five orcs are fighting them. Raghnall pulls back and isolates a single orc.

:ooc: These orcs have a fierce hate for Rohirrim, so two will fight Gárulf. I randomly rolled and only one orc will fight Roderic.

Egilhir :
Spear orc
Rolled 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7

Sword orc
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8

Gárulf :  (+3 due to Hatred)
Spear orc
Rolled 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 2d6+3 : 5, 5 + 3, total 13

Sword orc
Rolled 2d6+3 : 4, 2 + 3, total 9

Roderic :
Spear orc
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 4, total 9

Raghnall :
Sword orc
Rolled 1d12 : 10, total 10
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10

Nashan

The opponent of Raghnall may be isolated but is no less vicious. He strikes the Breelander with great might, inflicting 6 damage and a protection roll TN 12.

Roderic is luckier and suffers no hit. Gárulf evades the attack of an orc only to be hit from behind by another one, loosing 3 endurance.

Egilhir displays the true skills of the finest Gondorian soldiers and is not worried by the attacks of his foes.