• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 11:11 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Black Webs, Dark Heart

Started by tomcat, Feb 01, 2019, 12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GandalfOfBorg

Coming back to his senses, Grimbeorn nods.  "And yet that decision may be taken from us.  If not here, then where to next?  Moving is better than sitting still."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

Telcontar

"Agreed, we should move at once."

:ooc: doug, taken what Arbogast said about illusions did Hathcyn see anything weird about the girl when he was in his spirit form?
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: No, Amaswinta is quite real.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Eclecticon

:ooc: Damn, that was my theory too.
Reason is a tool.  Try to remember where you left it.  - John Clarke

The Warden's Axe: :dmg: 5/7, Edge 9, Injury 18/20
Woodcrafty - In wooded areas, Parry is based on favoured Wits score.
Character sheet

Eclecticon

Arbogast suppresses a shudder as Hathcyn relays Tylquin's message.  As he examines the Beorning's wounds, he speaks his thoughts aloud.  "Our foes know that we are abroad, but not precisely where we are, else it is not in their nature to strike until they are certain that we are weakened and desperate.  If I am right, then we have yet a chance to escape before they close in, and if what Hathcyn has found is true, then there is no reason for us to tarry." 

:ooc: I'm going to make a Healing roll to examine Hathcyn's injury in case there's anything Arbogast can do for it, but I'm not expecting anything much to come of it. 

:00: 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 3, 5, total 13

Character sheet

Eclecticon

When he has done all he can for his companion, he straightens and points out of the hollow.  "The river is that way," he says.

But is it, he wonders. If the Weaver knows of our presence, then doubtless we are already ensnared in some deception and nothing that meets our eyes may be trusted.  What then can we do but continue moving and hope that some clear falsehood appears to us?  Oh Anar, would that I had your keen Dwarven eyes in the gloom!

Character sheet

tomcat

:ooc: I will have a post up tonight
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: It didn't happen last night, so it might not be until Sunday. It is our anniversary this weekend and my brother's birthday, so going to be busy.

Sorry!

tomcat

:ooc: With the party moving on, it is necessary for tests to be made:

Fatigue TN 18 (13*)
:00: Anar 2d 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12

:00: Arbogast 3d 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 3d6 : 5, 1, 1, total 7

:00: Grimbeorn 4d 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 4d6 : 6, 4, 2, 1, total 13

:00: Hathcyn 3d 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 2, 5, total 8

:00: Amaswinta 3d 1d12 : 8, total 8
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 3, 4, total 8

Corruption TN 18
:00: Anar 2d 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 4, total 8

:00: Arbogast 4d 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 4d6 : 3, 2, 2, 3, total 10

:00: Grimbeorn 5d 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 5d6 : 4, 4, 1, 3, 1, total 13

:00: Hathcyn 2d 1d12 : 8, total 8
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9

:00: Amaswinta 2d 1d12 : 11, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7

Feat Die roll TN :g:
:00: Anar 1d12 : 1, total 1

:00: Arbogast 1d12 : 3, total 3

:00: Grimbeorn 1d12 : 1, total 1

:00: Hathcyn 1d12 : 10, total 10

tomcat

:ooc: RESULTS

Fatigue
• Anar succeeds with an 18 :%: :%:
• Arbogast fails with a 12 - he can only succeed if Grimbeorn uses another batch of honeycakes to reduce TN and also spend a :vv:
• Grimbeorn fails with a 14 - unless he uses honey cakes to reduce the TN to 13, or spends a :vv:
• Hathcyn fails with a 10 - he can only succeed if Grimbeorn uses another batch of honeycakes to reduce TN and also spend a :vv:
• Amaswinta fails with a 16 - unless Grimbeorn hands out cakes

* let me know if you will use another honey cake, Matt -I will update sheets accordingly.

Corruption
• Anar fails with a 12
• Arbogast succeeds with a 19
• Grimbeorn succeeds with a 21
• Hathcyn fails with a 17 - unless he spends a :vv:
• Amaswinta rolled an :~~: and so is Miserable

* Let me know if you are using a :vv:, Tom. I will update sheet accordingly.

Feat die roll
• no one is able to twist out of Tyulqin's web of illusions

tomcat

Despite her ungainly size, Tyulqin moved with a nimbleness that was preternatural. She watched quietly from a distance as the companions packed their gear and began a new hike. The spider did not mind this game of waiting and wearing down her prey. In the Heart of Mirkwood, it was not long before the effects of the woods began to break the will of the strongest and bravest of Men.

Soon they would tire.

Soon they would become lost from one another.

She had seen it so many times before. Of course, her own magic weaving aided in her play and made it all the more enjoyable.

WAIT, she thought to herself, LET THEM TEAR THEMSELVES APART FIRST AND THEN WE SHALL FEED. I WILL DRAIN THE FIRE-WATCHER OF ALL HIS JUICES FOR EVERY ONE OF MY CHILDREN HE HAS SLAIN.

Her eight eyes bore into the spot where they marched. Her arms flickered and grabbed at the black silk from her spinnerets, as it weaved a web of illusion and fear, desperation and sorrow - all of the components necessary to kill them.

She giggled, DEEPER, MY SWEETS. MARCH YOURSELVES DEEPER INTO OUR WOOD!

And the company did, moving further east into the forest even as they believed they chased the sun west towards the river and freedom.

Arbogast shook his head trying to clear his mind and see some sort of familiar sight - whether it be an old tree or rock, a stream, or whatever... but nothing. Still, the sun moved above them and he followed the shadows that it made - it was the only way to judge east from west. He knew it would not be long. Soon the forest would break and the familiar lands of the Western Eaves would be revealed. Soon they would hear the Dusky River gurgling along its path.

They marched and the day grew old. The deeper gloom began to fill the woods and the companions felt their hearts become heavy with the notion that another day's march had revealed...

There it was! The sound of water gurgling along its path!

They ran towards the Dusky and their spirits leapt with a newfound joy. The woods parted and a dark river moved before them. Gnarled roots of the forest reached in and drank deeply of the fast water, but Arbogast's face furrowed into confusion.

It was not the Dusky River.

Across the river, the forest opened to reveal a hill that rose above the tree heights. Atop the hill was an ancient structure - a longhouse of wood and stone. It stood silent and dark in the waning light of day, like a shadow on the sky above.

Only the fast-moving water of the dark river, in front of them, barred their way to the structure.

tomcat

:ooc: I am rolling a quick lore test for everyone, but I will want to have you guys give me your input on what you want to do about the hall and how to cross the river.

TN 16 lore by PC
:00: Anar 1d 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

:00: Arbogast 0d 1d12 : 6, total 6

:00: Grimbeorn 2d 1d12 : 6, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8

:00: Hacthcyn 0d 1d12 : 3, total 3

tomcat

:ooc: Grimbeorn is the only one that comes close to making the Lore test. Let me know if you want to use a :vv:

Arbogast, I am taking your Traits into the equation. I sent you a PM.

Telcontar

Ooc: yrs I'll use a hope.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

tomcat

:ooc: Hathcyn :csu: for :vv: to evade the Shadow point