• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 04:18 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Edoras - Heart of the Riddermark

Started by Nashan, Jan 07, 2019, 03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nashan

Quote from: Anarion on Jan 26, 2019, 10:19 AM:ooc:
Hate to triple post now but I'd like to spend hope to pass the courtesy roll.

:ooc: seems to be a good idea ;-)

stevelampon

As Roderic and Goldred sit and talk about terms for Roderick's proposed change of employment, they become aware that conversation is ceasing around them, and attention is drawn to a young man standing by the high table who begins to recite a tale. Goldred whispers to Roderic 'This could be interesting, I think that is Egilhir of Gondor, I wonder what he thinks he is up to'? Roderic notices lots of raised eyebrows and bemused looks as the young man begins his tale. Scowls soon turn to approval and then to roars of enthusiasm. Goldred explains the tale to Roderic as he is not familiar with it. 'A well chosen tale' says Goldred. 'Perfect for this feast'. Roderic and Goldred resume their conversation, but again the hall falls into silence as a young girl approaches the high table with a tale that seems to enrage one of the Rohir Marshals.

Insight roll to follow – how do you do the OOC symbol?

stevelampon

Jan 26, 2019, 11:23 AM #62 Last Edit: Jan 26, 2019, 11:30 AM by stevelampon
Roll(3d6)+0:
2,1,4,+0
Total:7

Roll(1d12)+0:
11,+0
Total:11

:( I think that is an auto fail?

Roderic obviously hasn't got a clue what is going on!

Nashan

Jan 26, 2019, 02:06 PM #63 Last Edit: Jan 26, 2019, 02:51 PM by Nashan
Quote from: stevelampon
:( I think that is an auto fail?

/quote]
Quote from: stevelampon on Jan 26, 2019, 11:23 AM:( I think that is an auto fail?

:ooc: Sauron has a value of zero so it's not automatic failure. In the case of your roll it doesn't come close to the TN though. This roll was meant to get the measure of the situation and a general feeling, I'd say your failure means more that you can't quite relate to what's going on or didn't really pay attention to what has been said.

":ooc :" is the command for the ooc icon, without the spacing after the "c"

tomcat

Quote from: Anarion on Jan 26, 2019, 10:19 AM:ooc: Hate to triple post now but I'd like to spend hope to pass the courtesy roll.

:ooc: It will happen! Especially when you don't want to see the roll tamper. I will sometimes do three of four posts about a series of actions, as to the results. One thing I will say, if for some reason you think you might throw in a :vv: point, just add "I will use a :vv: on the roll if necessary. The LM can take it from there.

Now...as to Gárulf, I am going to roll for bonus action dice and a courtesy, but I am not certain he will make too much action to have attention turn to him.

TN 14 Insight 2d
:00: 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2

I will invoke his Rohan-lore trait, too, to accompany the roll above in case it helps.

TN 14 Courtesy 1d
:00: 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4

Again, although he is better at Awe, I don't think he wants that much attention on himself and so he will be quiet, but courteous before all of the high lords.

If his Insight roll bears fruit and my Courtesy roll needs help, I will post again for an advantage dice.

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jan 26, 2019, 02:56 PM #65 Last Edit: Jan 26, 2019, 03:00 PM by tomcat
:ooc: Nice! Insight result is a 14 :g: success - gain 1 advantage die.  :csu:

I will use it on my Courtesy roll in the encounter - that way if spoken to, he can be included in the conversation.

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5

Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

Jan 26, 2019, 02:59 PM #66 Last Edit: Jan 26, 2019, 03:06 PM by tomcat
:ooc: And that gives Gárulf a 16 success on Courtesy!  :csu:

As they entered the hall, Gárulf handed over his sword. He looked to the doorwarden, "That sword is Heordrēorig - it has a long history in my family. Please keep it safe."

They moved into the main hall and the Eorling began to feel sweat bead on his brow. He felt that he was walking into a cage. From the back of the hall, Gárulf watched as Edelyn was called forward and all listened to her tale. It did not surprise him the reaction of the marshalls - ever were they distrusting and ever controlling. This new king would have a hard time corralling their wills to his own.

The king and queen were bending all their attention on Edelyn and so Gárulf slowly stepped back into the crowd of others, hoping that no attention would fall on him. Still he was courteous to those around him and smiled and nodded in deference.

I just want to get out of here, was the thought that kept ringing in his brain. Please do not speak, Bree-man! Please!

Nashan

Jan 26, 2019, 11:49 PM #67 Last Edit: Jan 27, 2019, 12:23 AM by Nashan
Quote from: stevelampon on Jan 26, 2019, 11:21 AMRoderic and Goldred resume their conversation, but again the hall falls into silence as a young girl approaches the high table with a tale that seems to enrage one of the Rohir Marshals.

Although Roderic seems unconcerned by the story of the young dishevelled woman, Goldred doesn't loose a bit of it. He's always been a man of opportunity, and this for sure was a good mean for him to pull back some attention to him. He longed to be once again a man of influence, just as he was back in the days of Fengel. The new king was a different bred, it would require more than silver and golden tongue to get at him.

Goldred stands up and bows. "My Lord, if I may. If what that young woman say is true, surely she must have journeyed through the protectorate of Beorn. It happens to be that my recent associate here is a Beorning. He may bring some more light on this matter." He sits down and whispers at Roderic. "Now is the time to show you're worth your silver."

Thengel speaks to Roderic. "Come forward and speak." 

:ooc: Lore check TN 14 to see if you know anything about that.

Anarion

:ooc:
Forgot I had a bonus dice on social interactions due to my tale telling. I'll keep that in mind.

stevelampon

Roll(1d6)+0:
5,+0
Total:5

Roll(1d12)+0:
12,+0
Total:12

:ooc: Perhaps Roderic knows more than he first thought! Is there a sheet somewhere to tell me the code for the rune symbols? How do you embed the die rolls?

Nashan

Quote from: stevelampon on Jan 27, 2019, 04:49 AM:ooc: Perhaps Roderic knows more than he first thought! Is there a sheet somewhere to tell me the code for the rune symbols? How do you embed the die rolls?

:ooc: Preliminary insight/lore rolls can provide you with extra bonus dices to be use afterwards. It reflects your general feeling or knowledge of the situation, hence possibly giving you an edge for the following social roll. Once this is done, you proceed with the awe/inspire/riddle/... roll to see how the social encounter in itself goes. And you can add your bonus dices on that roll.
It means that you can get a clear view of what's going on, who's wanting what, what could be at stake,... but still miss your social roll because you're just too nervous or don't quite know how to express your ideas. And vice versa.

If you answer by clicking "reply" instead of using the quick reply box below the post, you will see the icons for ooc, sauron/gandalf, and so on.

Telcontar

Insight TN 14
Rolled 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 3d6 : 6, 5, 4, total 15
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Telcontar

Raghnall was well aware of his friends situation and so he too attempted to remain as scenerey for the unfolding encounter between the girl and the king.

He had never been in such a hall before or in a space with so many people in it at one time and so the Breelander tried to see as much as he could. He drank in the details of the hall, the food, and the people.
THE GAME MUST GO ON!

Hathcyn
Great Spear
2h.  4d :00: 9 :dmg: Edge 8 Injury 18

Nashan

tomcat

Quote from: stevelampon:ooc: Perhaps Roderic knows more than he first thought! Is there a sheet somewhere to tell me the code for the rune symbols? How do you embed the die rolls?

I have created a thread in the General Discussion to help with this:

HOW TO USE OUR FORUMS