• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 05:52 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

Scene 1: To Bree Once More and Beyond...

Started by tomcat, Nov 02, 2005, 06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palandil

"The only way I know of  is the path I took around the Misty Mountains, but the lands have grown much more perilous since.  But, unless someone knows of another way, that is the way I must go if this, Durin, will not allow us to pass."

sdrotar

"There is the pass of Caradhras, but to attempt it would be foolhardy. We could stay on the open plain and travel up the river Isen - the way would be clear, but the journey would take us far south."

He looked around the table and smiled - while he would miss Ioreth dearly, he longed for the wilderness - away from halls and politics and nobles.
Durgil was so unlike his father, Dirnhael mused. He decided that was likely for the best.
Ambition was not a trait that Dirnhael held in much regard; he would simply rather see things done, and let the doing take him where it will.
He was happy to be joining his friends on the road once more, even though it would end honoring a fallen one and with Fengel departing.
Days were precious - that lesson Dirnhael had learned dearly. He would enjoy whatever time was given him.

"Perhaps we should make for the Great East Road towards Rivendell. There we will surely find more news that may help us decide the best route hence."

At that moment, Dirnhael realized that if he were to leave, he needed to find a new blade...
LOTR Characters:Dirnhael, Vári
ST Characters:Stonn, Ramos
SW Character: Caden Whitesun

Palandil

"Can we be ready to travel in a couple of days?  I can not bear this waiting any longer.  Though I do understand the pain for those of you who would be leaving loved ones behind again."

GandalfOfBorg

"If so much is uncertain, Elrond may be able to counsel us on a path to take," says Durgil.  "Let us make for Imladris and then decide which way to go there."

----

"I am ready when you are."
Gwaithlim Weapons
Great Bow  Atk: 2d -- Dmg (0h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
Swords       Atk: 2d -- Dmg (1h): 5/11/17 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16
                                    Dmg (2h): 7/13/19 -- Edge: 10 -- Injury: 16

tomcat

Nov 09, 2005, 05:03 AM #19 Last Edit: Nov 09, 2005, 05:15 AM by tomcat
Edrahil nodded at both Dirnhael's and Durgil's suggestion; in Imladris they would be able to determine the best path forward.

All in agreement, they stood and joined the rest of the remaining patrons in mingling out into the night. It was a cool evening and the stars shone brightly overhead. The quartet turned back towards the city's center and the small apartments that had been afforded them during their time here.

With whispered goodnights, they all agreed that they would depart in the morning with the rising of the sun.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

Palandil

Nov 09, 2005, 05:30 AM #20 Last Edit: Nov 09, 2005, 10:16 AM by Palandil
Sleep did not come easy to Fengel because of thoughts of the coming morning, but when he finally fell asleep his dreams were filled with memories of home.

After a deep sleep Fengel awoke well before the sun, refreshed and eager for the day.  He finished packing, and lifted Cerduil.  Pulling the blade from the sheath he thought he should offer the sword to Dirnhael, for it was truely a nobles blade.  With a nod to himself, he strapped the sword around his waist and headed to the stable to care for Heostor.   The morning air caused his senses to come alive with anticipation and then he thought of his companions.  Their decision to travel with him made his heart glad, "Such good friends...".

sdrotar

Dirnhael spent a quiet evening with Ioreth - the last they would spend together for a long while, and both lamented it - but only for a moment.
She knew he had to leave, and why, and so they never spoke of it.

He promised to bring her something from his travels as a memento, and she presented him with a fine cloak that she had sewn to keep him warm on the road and a longsword that she had gotten from the smithy the day before.
Dirnhael marveled at his good fortune while gazing into her deep eyes once more. He did not know where the paths of his life would take him, but he knew that he would no longer take them alone.
When he returned, they would be wed, and they both rejoiced at the notion.

She took his hand and led him to the veranda, overlooking the beautiful and now silent city of the Dunedain. Fires from hearths across the city sparkled; the small flickering points of light as a reflection of the very stars above.
As the cool mist glided through and collected in the cobblestone streets of Fornost, the two lovers watched it glisten in the moonlight, holding each other and staring out together toward an uncertain future...

Palandil

OOC: Hey all! I will be gone until Saturday night. 

sdrotar

Quote from: Palandil on Nov 10, 2005, 04:34 PM
OOC: Hey all! I will be gone until Saturday night. 

...and I will be from Saturday until next Thursday...

Wiseman

and i'll be....right here....damnit.

Stefan

The mention of his kin too Nain's mind once again off the pastering nag and brought it back to the conversatoin.

"What's this?  My kin would never bar the way against me.  I'm sure that I can convince him to allow my companions passage as well."

This last bit said with a special glare for the new elf.