• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 01:46 AM

News:

Welcome to RPG.avioc.org!! If you have a story to tell or want to join one, you have come to the right place!

The search - part 4

Started by tomcat, Mar 28, 2017, 05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcat

:ooc: I was going to wait until Steve posted for Rorin and get more detail about Magrac communicating with the birds, but for expediency's sake, I am going to go ahead and just let you all know that the birds are here because of Ruithel - they are her animal companions.

The rolls for our checks will now change. Instead of Hunting, you guys will need to roll Awareness which is the skill set to keep an eye on where the birds are flying to. All other rules will remain the same and any conditions will still apply.

Here is some narrative, but I will post more shortly.

The companions waited for some time to allow Grimbeorn to recover what strength he could. While he did this, Rorin spoke with Magrac and had the raven communicate with the songbirds that did not seem to fly away, even when startled.

It took some time, for even language between birds was different, but at last the raven determined the birds' purpose. Ruithel had called for her friends of the forest, even from this far away. The birds, in turn, sought out the companions for they knew through the Elves of Mirkwood that they were in pursuit. The songbirds knew where the Elf-maiden had been, but time was short and the orcs were moving even as the days passed.

Gathering their gear and securing the treasure, the remaining companions set out on their quest.
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Esgalwen [♦♦♦♦♦○] Dmg 10/12  |  Edge 8  |  Injury 16/18
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Shadow bane [when in Forward stance, add 1 success die to each attack]
Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: ROLLS

TN 18 awareness by PC
:00: Arbogast 2d 1d12 : 4, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 5, total 9

:00: Bandy 2d 1d12 : 7, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6

:00: Grimbeorn 3d 1d12 : 8, total 8
Rolled 3d6 : 6, 4, 5, total 15

:00: Rorin 2d 1d12 : 8, total 8
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4

TN 18 travel by PC
:00: Arbogast 2d 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7

:00: Bandy 2d 1d12 : 1, total 1
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6

:00: Grimbeorn 3d 1d12 : 9, total 9
Rolled 3d6 : 4, 5, 6, total 15

:00: Rorin 3d 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 3d6 : 1, 5, 3, total 9

TN 18 explore by PC
:00: Arbogast 3d 1d12 : 12, total 12
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 2, 3, total 8

:00: Bandy 2d 1d12 : 5, total 5
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9

:00: Grimbeorn 0d 1d12 : 1, total 1

:00: Rorin 2d 1d12 : 2, total 2
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6
Narrator: Darkening of Mirkwood | Chronicle of the North | Tempest Rising | To Boldly Go | Welcome to the 501st!
Nimronyn [Sindarin Pale gleam] superior keen, superior grievous longsword - orc bane
Foe-slaying - when attacking a bane creature, reduce Edge of weapon by value of bearer's Valour

Skirmisher [if carried encumbrance is 12 or less, increase Parry by +3 when in close combat stance]

tomcat

:ooc: RESULTS:

First, because you lost Esgalwen's contribution in the Hunt roll, I am going to give a bonus of 14 towards the aggregate for the birds leading you guys.

So, for the Awareness tests:

Birds 14 + Grimbeorn 21 + Rorin (if he spends 1 :vv:) 18 = 53 plus Grimbeorn's great success will move the Company 3 steps towards Ruithel (a total of 6)

The Travel test:

Only Grimbeorn passes, so each Arbogast, Bandy and Rorin's fatigue increases by 2

Explore test:

Arbogast passes, so his fatigue is reduced by 2

I am assuming that Rorin will spend the :vv: on this round, so I have marked things accordingly - but if you do not want to, Steve, let me know and I will change things back.  :csu: